The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A Case for the Defence!

4 posters

Go down

A Case for the Defence! Empty A Case for the Defence!

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Was chatting about our back four earlier to a colleague, we agreed that in terms of personnel we are now looking a lot stronger, both from a numbers point of view and also a quality point of view.

Discussing what would be our best line up when everyone is fit proved quite a challenge, but it got me wondering if there is a more beastly pair of centre backs around than a possible pairing of Richards and Okore?
I would love to see these two play together.

Off the top of my head the only pair of proper central defensive beasts like them playing together would be Kompany and Mangala?

Would they get the chance to play together being both right footed (if everyone was fit)?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

A Case for the Defence! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

A Case for the Defence! Empty Re: A Case for the Defence!

Post by ember Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Richards and Okore would be monstrous indeed from the physical perspective. However, I'm not convinced it would necessarily be my first choice pairing.

Okore still has a lot to prove but the potential is seemingly there. However, he is young and lacks nous and experience. The partner who should have the most nous and definitely has the most experience is Lescott.

It may be Clark is currently the best partner for Richards, he did well in the second half against the filth. He was playing well last season, also, so I'd like to see him keep the shirt for the moment. The back four I'm currently most comfortable with from a defensive perspective is Hutton - Richards - Clarke - Amavi

I'm always nervous about Bacuna at right back, he is a card/penalty waiting to happen. Hutton has toned down that propensity a little but the trade off is Bacuna is the better attacker.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:52 pm

The back 4 will be Amavi, Richards, Clark, Ilori I think before too long. Okore and Lescott are great replacements to be able to choose from.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:23 pm

ember wrote:I'm always nervous about Bacuna at right back, he is a card/penalty waiting to happen. Hutton has toned down that propensity a little but the trade off is Bacuna is the better attacker.

Fortunately Traore (who doesn't look like he can defend) can do all the attacking down the right side while Hutton (who can't attack) is busy doing all the defending behind him!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

A Case for the Defence! 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:29 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
ember wrote:I'm always nervous about Bacuna at right back, he is a card/penalty waiting to happen. Hutton has toned down that propensity a little but the trade off is Bacuna is the better attacker.

Fortunately Traore (who doesn't look like he can defend) can do all the attacking down the right side while Hutton (who can't attack) is busy doing all the defending behind him!

A Case for the Defence! 3769219917 Works for me, that. A Case for the Defence! 238524133
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down