The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Don't wanna worry anyone, but....

+9
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
big ming
FoxyAV
avfc85
avfc forever
The Utterer
achilles
ViewFromT2
13 posters

Go down

Don't wanna worry anyone, but.... Empty Don't wanna worry anyone, but....

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Have you seen our next 7 league games?

Liverpool (A)
Stoke (H)
Chelsea (A)
Swansea (H)
Spurs (A)
Man City (H)
Everton (A)

Christ almighty...compare that sequence to the relatively straight forward start we've had (and royally fucked up).....we'll do well to double our points over the next 7 games. It's not beyond reason to assume we will go into the Watford game at the end of November on less than 10 points!

Edit:

Of course, we did win at Anfield and at White Hart Lane last season, so doing that again would be great.

Realistically from those games, I would expect to pick up 6pts maximum. Stoke is a winnable home game this season, and then hopefully we will scrap points from Liverpool, Swansea and Everton
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Don't wanna worry anyone, but.... 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Don't wanna worry anyone, but.... Empty Re: Don't wanna worry anyone, but....

Post by achilles Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:24 pm

The other way of looking at it is that it can't really get much worse, we aren't expecting anything so anything is a bonus!
achilles
achilles

Don't wanna worry anyone, but.... 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Well as expected, we got beat today and are now in the bottom 3 again, and lucky not to be in bottom 2 thanks to Chelsea's rally at Newcastle.

We play Stoke next week....if we lose that game, there will be proper daylight between the bottom 3 and the rest, already after what will be 8 games!!!

I wouldnt put Sherwood in charge of the staff rota at McDonalds at the minute, he is looking way out of his depth and his body language on the touchline is hardly inspiring. He's got the chat...don't even wanna listen to his opinions this week....time to sort it out!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:17 am

It's just not happening is it!
Yet another defeat by a single goal and what the heck is with our awful defence? It's incredible to see it's actually getting worse despite all the signings!

Ok we were arguably without 3 of our best players today but we look pants.

I fear for us i really do and already we are looking like we will be this years canon fodder team.

Abysmal Villa absolutely abysmal No

The Utterer
The Utterer

Don't wanna worry anyone, but.... 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:09 pm

On paper they don't look good fixtures but this is Villa we could surprise a few people and get a couple of good results.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Don't wanna worry anyone, but.... 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:18 pm

avfc forever wrote:On paper they don't look good fixtures but this is Villa we could surprise a few people and get a couple of good results.

I think with injured players back, we have to go into these fixtures with a positive edge, this being conservative has just not worked for the main part the attackers lack support and we are devoid of ideas.

I think Traoré has to be unleashed now with Gil and Ayew and Veretout need to show some worth - get positive and let's attack teams early.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:57 pm

We can do it but Sherwood needs to get his head straight and give each position to the player best suited to it. He has to accept responsibility and stop blaming his players, or they're going to get fed up with him sooner than we do.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Don't wanna worry anyone, but.... 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:06 am

We don´t have a "Relegation" thread (yet!) but we can all see the way the wind is blowing. Should someone start one?
On another site and on the basis of the last few seasons, we were being described as like " a turd which would not flush".
Given our current performances, we appear to be displaying quite a lot of "turd like" characteristics. Unless we get a grip now, this may well be the season we get "flushed". Sorry to be negative, but too many dross seasons are starting to affect my naturally sunny disposition!
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:23 am

Who are the fighters who are going to win the 40-60 balls to pull us out of this nosedive?
You need to earn the right to impose your game on the opposition in the premier league. I'm not seeing enough feisty characters out there for us.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:56 am

Cha Ching wrote:Who are the fighters who are going to win the 40-60 balls to pull us out of this nosedive?
You need to earn the right to impose your game on the opposition in the premier league. I'm not seeing enough feisty characters out there for us.

Remember how Weimann worked his balls off and always looked pissed off to be taken off?

Petrov?

Amavi is showing signs of it (as well as looking genuinely happy to play for the clubs and contribute off the field) and I always had the feeling Kozak (remember him?) gave a fuck too. You don't really see it in anyone else though. Baker maybe with his do or/and get inured approach to defending.

And I can't help think about the lack of celebration at Liverpool when we scored the first. Sinclair scooped it out of the net and that was about it. The team looked like it was missing something, like something to play for.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:15 pm

I'll no be amazed if we get above 7 points by November...Sherwood has to go now, we are going down!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:31 pm

3 games in to this run of 7...and 3 losses as expected. We are going down guys, kills me to say it, but can see no way outta this. We are as bad now as I can ever remember, don't look like scoring goals and we are lily livered all over the pitch.

We need a miracle.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:40 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:3 games in to this run of 7...and 3 losses as expected. We are going down guys, kills me to say it, but can see no way outta this. We are as bad now as I can ever remember, don't look like scoring goals and we are lily livered all over the pitch.

We need a miracle.

Agreed, this is the only season I've thought were going down. Dreading going the villa the weekend going to be a long season!!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:11 pm

This is the first time my confidence that we'll be safe is truly gone. I genuinely feel broken at how poor we are
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:04 pm

It does look bleak but I won't give up hope until we lose to Swansea and Sherwood is not sacked.

At that point I'll know that no one at the club really cares, even Lerner.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:24 am

Thinman wrote:It does look bleak but I won't give up hope until we lose to Swansea and Sherwood is not sacked.

At that point I'll know that no one at the club really cares, even Lerner.

That's good point Thinman....we'll see what ambition is left after this week has ended. It's got to the point now where I don't see how any new manager can keep us up, we are flooded with mediocrity.

I know in the end, Paul Lambert was talking us down...but at no point in his 3 seasons did we ever look as bad as this....did we?

We lost 6 in a row around this time last year after picking up 10pts in first 4 games. We then managed to halt that slide with 3 draws before wins at Palace and Leicester. 6 defeats...to 5 unbeaten...do you honestly see Sherwood being able to turn this around like that?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:57 am

No Sherwood can't turn things around, of that I'm certain. More depressing is the mounting feeling that there just isn't the quality in the squad to turn things around under any manager.

The feeling of inevitability of relegation is become more and more real.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:10 pm

Oh I firmly believe the quality is there. Sherwood, despite what he's now saying about getting the players to go forward and express themselves, is shitting himself that his career is going down the pan and is randomly throwing any old idea on the whiteboard and seeing what comes of it.
Trotters
Trotters

Don't wanna worry anyone, but.... 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Am sure I saw a quote on twitter from the media saying that Sherwood has been told by the board he only has to aim for 17th… says everything you need to know about the situation we are currently in and the likelihood of someone replacing him any time soon.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Synopsis wrote:Am sure I saw a quote on twitter from the media saying that Sherwood has been told by the board he only has to aim for 17th… says everything you need to know about the situation we are currently in and the likelihood of someone replacing him any time soon.

Interesting comment from Alan Shearer on MOTD at the weekend though regarding the board...why has nobody come out in support of Sherwood? Where is Tom Fox?
I seem to remember him coming out publicly in support of Paul Lambert last season....he hasn't offered any comment whatsoever this season at all has he?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down