The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Newspapers and hacks

+11
Withes Sweatbands
Perth villan
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
avfc85
Trotters
DaveAV1
South London Villan
Broadlee
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Newspapers and hacks Empty Newspapers and hacks

Post by Broadlee Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:24 am

Well they say leopards don't change their spots, the desperate measures the paper hacks go to to MAke a story. On talk shite the Alan Brasil flunkies News / sports writers who comment on the back pages, are:
1. London and BIG four (which changes for whichever team they suck up to) bias and imagine a story to suit them
2. Put 2and 2 together and make any conceive able number other than reality
3. convince themselves that their fairy tales Must be True

And when they get it wrong, in the case of Delph, they then come up with more made up drivel about " well he was going to Man C but twitter trolls convinced him to stay" I.e. "We were right, he had his hand forced up his back, didn't he" even though the lad said what he said...argh!  Some even try to talk like they are experts and portray that they know what goes on in the minds of others, experts, really!? Come on...

In the words of Jim Royal " my arse "

I am so sick of these and stirrers like WM that I really do despair, what ever happened to the reporter who reported the news, and not created it or imagined it.

Ah that feels better ... Rant over Scarf Waving  Bash
Broadlee
Broadlee

Newspapers and hacks 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Newspapers and hacks Empty Re: Newspapers and hacks

Post by South London Villan Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:33 am

I have previously said on here that journalism today is not reporting of facts, events, etc but rather the opinion of the writer. I do not care for opinions, I get those on here and I respect them more on here.

The general election was the same, sycophantic nonsense, Milliband surrounded by claping seals. I suppose all those Media Studies graduates have to do something.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Newspapers and hacks 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:58 am

I'm DaveAV1 and I approve these messages.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:02 am

I'm DaveAV1's editor and I think he should make up more stuff to go with his previous statement.
Trotters
Trotters

Newspapers and hacks 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Broadlee Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:10 pm

Trotters wrote:I'm DaveAV1's editor and I think he should make up more stuff to go with his previous statement.  

A source close to DaveAV1 has confirmed that although he was instrumental in part, to compiling well known extracts from the last labour manifesto, and has frequently offered private advise to leadership, Fabian Delph and 15 other close colleagues have not confirmed that they are committed to the cause. TS is dismissive of rumour and has frequently been heard by others to quote IT SOTP. Rodney Marsh has advised that going to VP would be a mistake.

Particularly because the self appraising arrogant has been would be mullered.
My sources wish to remain anonymous....... ( gandalf, miss piggy, Herman Munster and Amy eds )

It's just a load of bxxxxxllxxxxks really...
I expect the Mirror to call offering a position.... As chief crap writer and imaginative story teller.

Are there any more out there in H & V
Very Happy 8) Scarf Waving
Broadlee
Broadlee

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:59 pm

Gregg Evans is an absolute bellend Newspapers and hacks 1015550615
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Rodney Marsh wasted his talent and is jealous that today's players earn fantastic wages with little talent.

Rodney, George Best was better than you on the pitch and with the girls.

You know what they say in Russia Roddy? "Toughski, Shitski. Move on."
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:37 pm

South London Villan wrote:Rodney Marsh wasted his talent and is jealous that today's players earn fantastic wages with little talent.

Rodney, George Best was better than you on the pitch and with the girls.

You know what they say in Russia Roddy? "Toughski, Shitski. Move on."

He hasn't been involved in the game for 30 years and lives abroad. He's an out of touch old City player who won the square root of fuck all and just wants to see his name in the papers.

I'm sure if you asked an ex-Villa player he'd tell Marsh how and where to fuck off to
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Newspapers and hacks 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:55 pm

I'd still love to see a thread on here for rating the various media and accuracy of their reporting. Don't think it would take long to weed out the ones who constantly pump out made up rubbish from the ones who are more reliable and i think it would make for very interesting reading.

It's like the latest one in the Sun about it now being Man U who are about to gazump Liverpool for Benteke and are happy to pay the release fee. That has been picked up by various other outlets now too and if it doesn't happen that would be 1 full blown BS point to the Sun.

When you look at it it's obvious it's been made up because of the rivalry between Man U & Liverpool and designed to boost sales ..Liverpool fans will be up in arms that Man U are trying to out do them etc etc.

Th Brum Mail do it all the time too constantly printing nonsense like WBA are after a Villa transfer target & vice versa basically playing on the local rivalry but frankly i never bite as it's so obvious what they're doing.

It happens all over the Uk, if Spurs are trying to sign a player all of a sudden the press is full of stories that Arsenal are after him also and there's a bidding war going on.... Pure BS 99.9% of the time.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Newspapers and hacks 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:26 am

2 things  you can rely on in the papers.  
The date and the price printed,  everything else is either made up or bullwhip when it comes to football.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:35 am

Football is all about tribalism, the hacks know this and pander to it at every opportunity. When did the truth ever get in the way of a good story?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Newspapers and hacks Empty RE NEWSPAPER AND HACKS

Post by Perth villan Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:38 am

Hi, long time user but seldom post. But felt i had something to add to this.At the beginning of June i put a comment on the Evening Mails facebook page the comment was as follows.

GOSSIP: Aston Villa reportedly preparing swoop for Hull midfielder
birminghammail.co.uk
More lazy journalism, have they got any qualifications. They must sit behind their desks and think right, Hull just got relegated who can we see moving on, Huddleston, thinks! he used to play for Spurs. Oh wait Sherwood he used to be at Spurs perfect ! Wankers.

I then had a reply which i assume was off the so called journalist again which is below.

Nick Alatti OK Clever Cloggs - can you pitch me three good alternative and topical AVFC stories? No, thought not.

To me its not news. its conjecture and the headline was Aston Villa reportedly preparing a swoop for Hull midfielder.

As i said earlier Wankers
Perth villan
Perth villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 am

HAHAHAHA! So he admitted that he just made shit up? That's gold and, frankly, sums most of them up.

What does the average football journo make per annum?
Trotters
Trotters

Newspapers and hacks 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Trotters wrote:HAHAHAHA! So he admitted that he just made shit up? That's gold and, frankly, sums most of them up.

The ony local station that i have any time for is Tom Ross station, yes he may be a bluenoose but he does give an unbiased report when speaking ofother teams and has a genuine feel for the local scene.... he has always been like this and to be fair should get a little bit of recognition forit
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:27 pm

Withes Sweatbands wrote:
Trotters wrote:HAHAHAHA! So he admitted that he just made shit up? That's gold and, frankly, sums most of them up.

The ony local station that i have any time for is Tom Ross station, yes he may be a bluenoose but he does give an unbiased report when speaking ofother teams and has a genuine feel for the local scene.... he has always been like this and to be fair should get a little bit of recognition forit
I like Tom Ross, I've spoken to him a couple of times at Villa matches, and the guy genuinely loves West Midland's football.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:11 pm

I see the mirror is now saying delph bottled it, they can't handle someone actually turning down one of there favoured clubs, nothing bout loyalty at all personally I think fab has a conscience and when he seen how hurt the fans were because of what he said in January he changed his mind , he strikes me as a decent bloke
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:55 pm

gaffer85 wrote:I see the mirror is now saying delph bottled it, they can't handle someone actually turning down one of there favoured clubs, nothing bout loyalty at all personally I think fab has a conscience and when he seen how hurt the fans were because of what he said in January he changed his mind , he strikes me as a decent bloke

Yet another piece of bile from the Mirror.

Unhappy that Fabian Delph turned down one of the " big 4 "  after Paul Lambert's media mouthpiece Nursey said he was going, we get this hack from the same paper calling Delph a " Bottler "

Also both these Mirror hacks called Richards and Sinclair " City Flops and Rejects "

Truly desperate stuff only highlighting how pathetic they actually are as so called journalists Embarassed

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/raheem-sterling-backed-himself-shine-6059140
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Its actually quite sad, always focusing on the negatives of any situation as they think it sells more papers by p*****g people off, i actually think they would sell more by printing the positives and that old negative angle is now not required, times have moved on and with social media now so strong the days when the press could just print anything negative to try to get a reaction resulting in more sales have long since gone...it's become old fashioned and dated. it's too easy now to see what they're doing and it's time they helped society by breeding positivity instead of constantly depressing people with poor reporting. No wonder you walk around in the Uk and see chins dragging along the floor most days all the negative tripe people have to endure day to day.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Newspapers and hacks 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Broadlee Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:06 am

Have you noticed that when challenged these annoyingly poor examples of journalist get very defensive to the point of attacking challengers.
These are the guys that stalk people, hack phones and they expect respect. They suck up to the big 4 like all hangers on trading off their coat tales. And like most hangers on, the minute they see no advantage in the association, they move on.
Message to the Nursey, john cross and the other London based tabloid hacks.
Just report the facts please, and if you don't know the facts shut the f up, and don't pretend you do!
Broadlee
Broadlee

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:28 am

Add to the list of barry bullshitters that Warren Haughton on talksport. Who the hell is he. I could read twitter all day long, then go on national radio espouse my opinions prefaced by the old chestnut, my sources tell me .......

Some 14 yr old in a bedroom with toss hardened sheets and a picture of messi on the wall more like!
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Broadlee Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:15 am

South London Villan wrote:Add to the list of barry bullshitters that Warren Haughton on talksport. Who the hell is he. I could read twitter all day long, then go on national radio espouse my opinions prefaced by the old chestnut, my sources tell me .......

Some 14 yr old in a bedroom with toss hardened sheets and a picture of messi on the wall more like!

He's the guy who tries to sound sincere and intelligent isn't he... Yeah I've heard him, thought he was the real ITK for all footy, sorry Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool luvvies and wet spam. Agreed - room 101 with haste for that div....
My problem is I have qualified some time ago as an FA coach, listening to them lot makes me realise what a waste of time that was, I know nothing compared to them... (I'm in awe --- not) I really do just smile inwardly but they are very damaging and do raise tensions with their suppositions. Intentionally ?

Scarf Waving
Broadlee
Broadlee

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:20 am

Broadlee wrote:
South London Villan wrote:Add to the list of barry bullshitters that Warren Haughton on talksport. Who the hell is he. I could read twitter all day long, then go on national radio espouse my opinions prefaced by the old chestnut, my sources tell me .......

He's the guy who tries to sound sincere and intelligent isn't he... Yeah I've heard him, thought he was the real ITK for all footy, sorry Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool luvvies and wet spam. Agreed -   room 101 with haste for that div....
My problem is I have qualified some time ago as an FA coach, listening to them lot makes me realise what a waste of time that was, I know nothing compared to them... (I'm in awe --- not) I really do just smile inwardly but they are very damaging and do raise tensions with their suppositions. Intentionally ?

Scarf Waving

He was talking about Delph on Friday, then yesterday he was backtracking like an Italian tank in WW2, when asked what happened he couldn't have been more convincing that he knows sweet fa and reads the t'internet. Knobhead.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Big test of Haughton's credibility. Just said on talksport that his sources have told him in the last 1/2hr that Villa's bid of £10-£11 mill has been accepted for Amavi and the deal is close to being completed.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:37 pm

South London Villan wrote:Big test of Haughton's credibility. Just said on talksport that his sources have told him in the last 1/2hr that Villa's bid of £10-£11 mill has been accepted for Amavi and the deal is close to being completed.

I thought everyone said our bid was accepted weeks ago, it's the player who isn't convinced about leaving France
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
South London Villan wrote:Big test of Haughton's credibility. Just said on talksport that his sources have told him in the last 1/2hr that Villa's bid of £10-£11 mill has been accepted for Amavi and the deal is close to being completed.

I thought everyone said our bid was accepted weeks ago, it's the player who isn't convinced about leaving France

I thought the same tbh
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum