The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal

+9
smetro
Saunders82
Withes Sweatbands
FoxyAV
avfc85
KMitch
avfc forever
Villa_Dan
villabromsgrove
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal

Post by KMitch Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:59 pm

1-2

Not even going to try to spell his name...  Fulham's Swede blasts one in from outside the box.  Too long on the ball, and nobody was closing him down.  No chance from our young keeper.
KMitch
KMitch

Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Hahaha love Clark. Gardner looks alright as well. Tonev and Cissokho seem kinda turd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:15 pm

Excellent play by Fulham. Must say that Donacien (unsure of spelling) fella looks alright for someone so young.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Donacien looked good in pre-season last year.

The two highlights have been Kozak and Gil.

After the connection dropping six times and me having to refresh the page and then log in I'm off to the pub.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Hahhaahahhaah Tonev. Sums him up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:22 pm

All over. Fulham win 3-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:50 pm

3-1 to a champ side .... We will be relegated by Christmas it's all lerners fault and the collapse of the takeover that never was .. What effect has Wilkins had none !!!! Sherwoods under pressure now .... Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal - Page 2 50815218 Laughing
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:52 pm

If Kozak and Cole played first half over Gabby and N'Zogbia, we would have destroyed them. That said, we were poor and have a lot of work to do in the 4 weeks left until the the season kicks off...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Didn't see the game, but its only the first warm up match, I suppose Fulham were just that bit in front on fitness, don't forget they start a couple of weeks before us. Its what happens on the opening day that matters, Laughing
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:14 pm

Saunders82 wrote:Didn't see the game, but its only the first warm up match, I suppose Fulham were just that bit in front on fitness, don't forget they start a couple of weeks before us. Its what happens on the opening day that matters, Laughing

You better the tell the championship officials they start a couple of weeks before us - as the web site has them starting on the same day as the premier league fixtures.

More a training match than a friendly - nice to see the 'winning mentality' being engrained on the players though.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Another Saturday, another loss. Only a training game but we fans are used to losing regularly, so are the team unfortunately. Is it five games since we beat West Ham?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:01 am

It was a slightly competitive training match, just without the LB (and possibly RB), one central defender, goalie, striker and roaming number 10 we'll be starting every match with. So pointless to take anything from it other than (IMHO!) Kozak's return and hopefully Gil's too. Gardner's first free kick was pretty good too, and Cole had a good kick around.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:09 am

FoxyAV wrote:It was a slightly competitive training match, just without the LB (and possibly RB), one central defender, goalie, striker and roaming number 10 we'll be starting every match with. So pointless to take anything from it other than (IMHO!) Kozak's return and hopefully Gil's too. Gardner's first free kick was pretty good too, and Cole had a good kick around.
I don't attach any importance to this result except to say that football is about developing a winning mentality. We haven't had it for years, and we still don't have it.

This has to be our prime objective now. Winning .... winning ugly .... winning flukily .... winning well .... whatever .... we have to get used to winning.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:45 am

Gardner, Gil and Bacuna did well. If Gil is still not getting a chance come August then Sherwood must be looking for the wrong thing because on that showing he is comfortably our best and most creative player.

Guzan
Amavi Clark Richards Bacuna
Gueye Gardner
Gil Delph Grealish
Benteke

Now that looks like a team even with some more to come in potentially which could get up to the top 10.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:51 am

Yes, it was only a training match, but some of the usual stuff  is still there to see.
Sinclair, is there more of a powderpuff player anywhere?
I really cannot take to him and think it was £2.5m totally wasted.

Senderos, yes a long time out, but very, very poor. Let's hope he's our number 5 or 6 CB this year.

And finally Tonev.
Why ? Just why? There is not a footballer in there somewhere. If that joker can make a living playing football, there is hope for every single one of us, and I'm nearly 50!.

The quality of our squad is very thin. The first team isn't too bad when it has a good day,  but the squad is poor. We really need to ship out some more of the dross and bring in some real talent.

Last edited by Andyh on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:27 am

Andyh wrote:And finally Tonev.
Why ? Just why? There is not a footballer in there somewhere. If that joker can make a living playing football, there is hope for every single one of us, and I'm nearly 50!

The manager has to evaluate what he has. Maybe there's a vacancy for Hercules that half the squad was trying out for yesterday?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:33 am

Exactly. I'd much rather Sherwood evaluate a player now than with ten games to go when we're in the drop zone.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:35 am

And great to hear that Heel looked the business. I really was impressed with his brief cameo appearances last season. No doubt he could take some time to"get up to speed" as they say but I'm as excited about him as any other player.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Fulham .... training match Portugal - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:34 am

smetro wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:Didn't see the game, but its only the first warm up match, I suppose Fulham were just that bit in front on fitness, don't forget they start a couple of weeks before us. Its what happens on the opening day that matters, Laughing

You better the tell the championship officials they start a couple of weeks before us - as the web site has them starting on the same day as the premier league fixtures.

More a training match than a friendly - nice to see the 'winning mentality' being engrained on the players though.

Yep I have to stand corrected, getting old, back in the day they always started early, lets just hope we start early!!!!!!!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:53 pm

I don't like Villa losing any game, but at least TS knows he has plenty of work to do because defensively we were a shambles it get us sharper for the start of the season and I must say Gill was outstanding surely he must be starting now.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Broadlee Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:22 pm

I'm afraid it's same old same old for now

No real cutting edge up front, midfield choosing too many wrong options and too slow to build on breaks, and.... As usual mistakes in the defending third of the pitch, 3 of which converted to goals all from errors....

The positive is that the coaching staff can see these still exist therefore have a choice, fix or replace...

Over to you Tom Fox is the money available ?
AVTV worked fine for me on chrome windows 8

uTV .. We will get it right I' m sure we have the right staff now
Broadlee
Broadlee

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:35 pm

avfc85 wrote:I don't like Villa losing any game, but at least TS knows he has plenty of work to do because defensively we were a shambles it get us sharper for the start of the season and I must say Gill was outstanding surely he must be starting now.

A bit worrying if TS needed a friendly half way around the world to find out we are very weak at the back.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2