The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The new AVTVhd.

+12
jeffvilla
avfc85
FoxyAV
Zidane
smetro
Villa_Dan
De Kuip
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
kimbo
VTID85
Fpuppys
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The new AVTVhd. Empty The new AVTVhd.

Post by Fpuppys Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Yesterday most of us saw Aston Villa Launch the New AVTVhd site shortly before the much publicised kit launch for the 2015/16 season, even though the kit launch was free I brought a pre-season pass (no longer a season ticket holder:( ) but loved watching pre-season games, in previous years this was a promotional thing (£4.99) to encourage people to buy monthly or annual passes, Yet with this years failed attempt, we were asked to pay close to six times as much.

I think most people reading this will agree that this is a step back and not a step forward as most BIG CLUBS offer this service for free, I'm not a cheap skate, but at the same time I'm not a mug.

We have heard that today's staff meeting was about rebranding and what-not (believe in your heart). Well if this is how to generate extra funds for Tim Sherwood to have his first pre season, I've paid my whack, £24.00 for a month of something I could find on the www (with possible better streaming and no loop backs)

You can get a day pass for £6.00 for 24hrs.

Pre-season pass for £24.00.

Annual pass £44.99.

I brought the pre-season pass for £24.00 and still unsure if last nights shambolic attempt of streaming to over 50 thousand plus was a small glitch or are we as fans getting screwed?

This court is now in session: The new AVTVhd. 1375627042
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

The new AVTVhd. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

The new AVTVhd. Empty Re: The new AVTVhd.

Post by VTID85 Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:40 pm

I'd really like to think that yesterday wasn't representative of the actual service. If indeed the quality is the best you can expect, would there not be grounds to apply for a refund if the service does not meet satisfactory standards? I would imagine so.
VTID85

The new AVTVhd. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:45 am

VTID85 wrote:I'd really like to think that yesterday wasn't representative of the actual service. If indeed the quality is the best you can expect, would there not be grounds to apply for a refund if the service does not meet satisfactory standards? I would imagine so.

A refund is not an issue, the point was, OS made such a big media hype about the new AVTVhd crap that we saw yesterday, "Yes" there is grounds for a refund and if I have to I will, I'm not judging yesterdays performance from what may happen in the near future but I need convincing.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

The new AVTVhd. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:49 am

I think the new price structure is pretty harsh, and disgusting if it's not considerably - and I mean considerably - improved!
kimbo
kimbo

The new AVTVhd. 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:58 pm

I've seen people saying that "there's nothing wrong with AVTV, it's only when you get a larger number of people trying to access it that it struggles".

Like match days for example! The new AVTVhd. 1715320296
villabromsgrove

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:14 pm

I may be wrong, but I think the kit unveiling was still delivered by premium TV as the provider. We've signed two new digital partners (one for the website) and one to run AVTV and deliver streaming. Maybe they haven't kicked in yet and the quality will be better? I know they do Arsenals site and someone said they do Man city or Liverpool (I can't remember who)

I know the site will be updated in October time (ish) so maybe just for now we're with the old providers, who have proven to be rubbish.

That aside I think the pricing is crap and it should be free content. If you really want to embrace the support and be engaged you do this stuff for free or heavily subsidised (at least ST holders get it free) I'll get the pre season pass as I want to watch the friendlies.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:38 pm

It annoys me that AVFC are so pathetic at fan marketing. Nobody at Villa seems to have a basic grasp of fan psychology. If AVTV was free to fans and the content was vastly improved, then the spin off to Villa would be an increase in ticket sales. Just buying one ticket would be a rough equivalent to a full years subscription to AVTV!

When Villa advertise for people to work in the marketing department, do they start the Ad with the words "Thicko's required'!
villabromsgrove

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:50 pm

So, being my usual dumb self here - is AVTVhd the only version now? I have been subscribed to AVTV at £5/month.
I tried to log on yesterday but it wasn't having any of it - so has the old version stopped? I'll have to check my on-line bank statement tonight to see if the subscription has stopped. strange as I've had no contact whatsoever to say AVTV is changing and offering me options.
As it happens I don't think I'll continue anyway - I got it last year for the pre-season stuff and have never looked at it since, just too lazy to cancel!

Anyone else changed/stopped from the original AVTV?
De Kuip
De Kuip

The new AVTVhd. 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:53 pm

Just got an email and apparently I get AVTV for free again as punishment for attending the home games.

I have never used it before. Is it worth me bothering?

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Just got an email and apparently I get AVTV for free again as punishment for attended the home games.

That's another example of the lack of intelligence in our marketing department. FREE AVTV sub to all season ticket holders .... when it's the non season ticket holders they should be targeting.
villabromsgrove

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:42 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Just got an email and apparently I get AVTV for free again as punishment for attending the home games.

Certainly worth checking out if it's free. They have the ore season games, so worth it just for that (if you can tolerate the terrible Jack commentary. Have to say once it worked the other night (I guess as it was free the hits were Huge) the 720p was a marked improvement. 1080p would have been better as they're marketing it as HD. It's not full HD, but still a vastly better picture. I'd watch it if it were free Dan.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:02 pm

I'll give the preseason matches a bash (except Walsall and Wolves as I'm off to them)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Just got an email and apparently I get AVTV for free again as punishment for attending the home games.

I wouldn't say its crap - its just no for me

The only thing I use it for is pre season friendlies.

Ive got no interest in watching highlights, when Ive either been to the game - or watched on MOTD - if theres the odd goal I must see now - I hit you tube.

The rest of it is basically the sanitised club programme via video - not for me.

What I would pay to watch is TBAR version of big brother - imagine me, kimbo, Mazrim, Harry, etc - in the same house all summer ? - hey we could buy the club with the proceeds.......!
smetro
smetro

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

smetro wrote:

Ive got no interest in watching highlights, when Ive either been to the game - or watched on MOTD - if theres the odd goal I must see now - I hit you tube.

The rest of it is basically the sanitised club programme via video - not for me.

What I would pay to watch is TBAR version of big brother - imagine me, kimbo, Mazrim, Harry, etc - in the same house all summer ?  - hey we could buy the club with the proceeds.......!
Might be worth pitching to Channel 5
kimbo
kimbo

The new AVTVhd. 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:36 pm

kimbo wrote:
smetro wrote:

What I would pay to watch is TBAR version of big brother - imagine me, kimbo, Mazrim, Harry, etc - in the same house all summer ?  - hey we could buy the club with the proceeds.......!
Might be worth pitching to Channel 5
I think it might be a very short series! Imagine how many evictions there'd be! The new AVTVhd. 1662365926
villabromsgrove

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Out of boredom I checked out what other PL clubs were charging;

Arsenal.   Free
Aston villa. £6.00 per day....£24.00 pre season...£44.99 annual
Bournemouth. £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual
Chelsea. Free certain areas...£5.99 a month
Crystal Palace. £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual
Everton. pre season six matches £17.99
Leicester. £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual
Liverpool. £4.99 a month
Man City. Free
Man United. £7.00 a month for sky customers
Newcastle. £3.99 a month
Norwich. £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual
Southampton. £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual
Stoke. £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual
Sunderland. Free? not sure.
Swansea. £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual
Tottenham. Free? not sure.
WBA. £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual
West Ham. No idea.

I started getting even more bored than I was to start with towards the end and really couldn't be arsed to join West Ham to access all areas, all the similar price clubs with £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual have found great web sites which are easy to navigate around. I hope that when we get the new site in October? it will be as good as those.
Villa management should be very ashamed of charging those figures. The new AVTVhd. 1375627042

Last edited by Fpuppys on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

The new AVTVhd. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:45 pm

Fpuppys wrote:Out of boredom I checked out what other PL clubs were charging;

Arsenal.   Free
Aston villa. £6.00 per day....£27.00 pre season...£44.99 annual
Liverpool. £4.99 a month
Man City. Free
Newcastle. £3.99 a month
West Ham. No idea.

I started getting even more bored than I was to start with towards the end and really couldn't be arsed to join West Ham to access all areas, all the similar price clubs with £4.49 a month....£37.99 annual have found great web sites which are easy to navigate around. I hope that when we get the new site in October? it will be as good as those.
Villa management should be very ashamed of charging those figures. The new AVTVhd. 1375627042
Nice bit of research , thanks. The new AVTVhd. 3769219917
villabromsgrove

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Makes it even worse IMO.
kimbo
kimbo

The new AVTVhd. 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:33 pm

kimbo wrote:Makes it even worse IMO.
oh look moaning here too
Zidane

The new AVTVhd. 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Zidane wrote:
oh look moaning here too
Excuse me pal?
kimbo
kimbo

The new AVTVhd. 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:06 pm

De Kuip wrote:So, being my usual dumb self here - is AVTVhd the only version now? I have been subscribed to AVTV at £5/month.
I tried to log on yesterday but it wasn't having any of it - so has the old version stopped? I'll have to check my on-line bank statement tonight to see if the subscription has stopped. strange as I've had no contact whatsoever to say AVTV is changing and offering me options.
As it happens I don't think I'll continue anyway - I got it last year for the pre-season stuff and have never looked at it since, just too lazy to cancel!

Anyone else changed/stopped from the original AVTV?

I tried logging in and it told me I needed to change my password using an email they were sending. It didn't arrive, tried again, that one didn't arrive either. I clicked on the 'forgot your password' tab, entered my details, didn't receive the promised email from that either. I've emailed the site direct.

I don't mind it, I use it to watch some of the U18/U21 matches and highlights. For the last few years I've avoided MOTD mainly because I can't be arsed watching all the way through to the end to see us lose with 30% possession, and it's handy being able to watch the one win in five on AVTV.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Zidane wrote:
oh look moaning here too

The new AVTVhd. Knee-to-head-knockout
avfc85
avfc85

The new AVTVhd. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Fpuppys wrote:Out of boredom I checked out what other PL clubs were charging;

Arsenal.   Free
Aston villa. £6.00 per day....£24.00 pre season...£44.99 annual
Liverpool. £4.99 a month
Man City. Free
Newcastle. £3.99 a month
West Ham. No idea.

Thanks for this, I will not be paying that price, especially having to listen to that tw*t JW! The new AVTVhd. 1715320296
avfc85
avfc85

The new AVTVhd. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:58 am

My password change email arrived, I can now access AVTV but the homepage doesn't fit on my (Macbook) screen and I can't make it fit. Teething problems...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:26 pm

I see AVTV was up to it's usual tricks last night. A subscription channel that can't get a stream up!
villabromsgrove

The new AVTVhd. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum