The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Sherwood's Bomb Squad?

+8
ViewFromT2
avfc85
Thinman
snitum
villabromsgrove
kimbo
jeffvilla
ember
12 posters

Go down

Sherwood's Bomb Squad? Empty Sherwood's Bomb Squad?

Post by ember Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:59 pm

So, he's apparently been watching us for a while, like some gilet-clad Mysteron. Analysing our strengths and weaknesses, brooding darkly on what needs to be done. As I've said in the Agbonlahor thread, I think he is very much in Last Chance Saloon so what players do you think have already got their cards marked by him, the dark assassin?

Sherwood's Bomb Squad? Captainblack1
ember
ember

Sherwood's Bomb Squad? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Sherwood's Bomb Squad? Empty Re: Sherwood's Bomb Squad?

Post by jeffvilla Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Sherwood's Bomb Squad? 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:29 pm

lol!

I don't really know - I think that is part of the intrigue, many fans and pundits have been saying this team shouldn't be where it is, these players are better than what they are showing, the tactics are so wrong - any manager with any confidence in his ability is probably looking at Villa and thinking, "I could easily do a better job with that lot".

I guess it depends how people respond, I mean Adebayor is considered to be a lazy, egotistical arsehole by all accounts, yet he seemed to play for Sherwood. So who knows? Gonna be interesting to see it unfold anyway.
kimbo
kimbo

Sherwood's Bomb Squad? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:33 pm

I think that's the thing that intrigues me most .... are our players better than the results this season would indicate? Was it simply that Lambert couldn't get the best out of them?

Now we have a chance to find out.
villabromsgrove

Sherwood's Bomb Squad? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by snitum Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:00 am

Hope he takes the captaincy off of Gabby and gives it to Delph, drops Weimann, keeps Grealish at least on the bench and drops Richardson. Will be interesting to see if he plays Cleverley though.
snitum

Sherwood's Bomb Squad? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:44 pm

snitum wrote:Hope he takes the captaincy off of Gabby and gives it to Delph, drops Weimann, keeps Grealish at least on the bench and drops Richardson. Will be  interesting to see if he plays Cleverley though.

I think Ron Vlaar is a better captain, as long as he can keep fit.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Give Guzan a few games off hopefully
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:51 pm

avfc85 wrote:Give Guzan a few games off hopefully
Belated birthday greetings avfc85, I missed it due to a few things going on at Villa! I hope you had a good day. Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:56 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
avfc85 wrote:Give Guzan a few games off hopefully
Belated birthday greetings avfc85, I missed it due to a few things going on at Villa! I hope you had a good day. Beer

Cheers, as it was my 30th had a 2 day break with the misses, nice and relaxed now ready for work :)
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:52 am

snitum wrote:Hope he takes the captaincy off of Gabby and gives it to Delph, drops Weimann, keeps Grealish at least on the bench and drops Richardson. Will be  interesting to see if he plays Cleverley though.

Weimann did ok yesterday...in fact (an I can't believe I'm saying this), he's done ok for a few games....definitely our hardest working striker....and yesterday I would have hooked Benteke instead of Bacuna, and put Weimann through the middle for the last 20mins.

I hope we never see Gabby in the team again.

edit: Grealish?...no way he should be involved again this season. Offers precious little , the time just isn't right for him. If he is good enough then we now have the right manager to utilise him, but I feel that will be next season.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Should we stay up i really cannot wait for the summer. Some comings and goings me thinks.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Sherwood's Bomb Squad? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:22 pm

I think Weimann is one of our most important players and probably the key to unlocking Benteke. Sure, he might continue to have an indifferent time under Sherwood but I hope not. Lambert had him playing off to one side and running all over the pitch defending too. For me he and Gil (and Grealish) need to be the ones training hard with Benteke.

Gabby needs to get his arse in gear ASAP but again, we don't know how Lambert's told him to play or how he's trained. Let's not write off anyone just yet. Even N'Zogbia needs the opportunity to prove himself, have we even seen him as a wide man crossing in balls and not instructed to bring the ball towards the middle every time he gets it?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:16 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I think Weimann is one of our most important players and probably the key to unlocking Benteke. Sure, he might continue to have an indifferent time under Sherwood but I hope not. Lambert had him playing off to one side and running all over the pitch defending too. For me he and Gil (and Grealish) need to be the ones training hard with Benteke.

Gabby needs to get his arse in gear ASAP but again, we don't know how Lambert's told him to play or how he's trained. Let's not write off anyone just yet. Even N'Zogbia needs the opportunity to prove himself, have we even seen him as a wide man crossing in balls and not instructed to bring the ball towards the middle every time he gets it?

That's an excellent point about N'Zogbia. Was a decent winger at Wigan at Newcastle, definitely bought with a view to supplying crosses for Bent by McCleish.
Interesting....could it be N'Zogbia that Sherwood rejuvenates in the same way he did Adebayor...and not Benteke like everyone assumes!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:19 pm

The thing with Zog, from what I've seen, is that it is HIM who wants to be the player cutting in from outwide rather than whipping crosses in. I think a strong manager would, and needs to, tell him that his best role is as a traditional wideman and he needs to accept that fact.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:The thing with Zog, from what I've seen, is that it is HIM who wants to be the player cutting in from outwide rather than whipping crosses in. I think a strong manager would, and needs to, tell him that his best role is as a traditional wideman and he needs to accept that fact.
I think that N'Zogbia will get his backside firmly kicked by Sherwood, he hates unfit players and Charlie boy will have to put in some very hard yards in training to get into contention.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:23 pm

I don't think he has to just pick one or the other ViewFrom, he can invigorate them both. Hopedully he'll invigorate the whole squad
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:The thing with Zog, from what I've seen, is that it is HIM who wants to be the player cutting in from outwide rather than whipping crosses in. I think a strong manager would, and needs to, tell him that his best role is as a traditional wideman and he needs to accept that fact.

Playing to instruction I think...as Lambert had the full backs offering the width and crosses. Very evident yesterday that we started hitting much earlier balls into the box, from deeper areas too.
Don't think we will be relying on Hutton and Cissokho for wide assists for much longer...let's just hope he can get all of our squad onside and willing to put a shift in. If he does that, then we have so many options going forward.

With Kozak coming back too things could get a lot better over the next few weeks.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum