The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

TapaTalk App

+3
holtehero
avfcjoe
GadgetMan
7 posters

Go down

TapaTalk App Empty TapaTalk App

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Would you guys use the TapaTalk app (or do you already?) if TBAR was available via that medium? We're looking at intergrating our forum onto te TapaTalk network so you can access it via their app on the go.

We would be very interested to know your views before we go ahead and implement it. It won't involve any changes to the forum (other than a TapaTalk link for the app) but it will mean you can access TBAR via an app on iOS/Android etc!!

Over to you guys, something different to think about other than how poor villa are. Cheers for your continuing support TapaTalk App 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

TapaTalk App Empty Re: TapaTalk App

Post by avfcjoe Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:10 pm

Would love this! Frustrating having to use Safari to visit TBAR on my phone!
avfcjoe

TapaTalk App 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:11 pm

avfcjoe wrote:Would love this! Frustrating having to use Safari to visit TBAR on my phone!

This is the thinking behind it. Thanks for that Joe.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:12 pm

I use Tapatalk on several forums and find it very useful.

While i can browse TBAR using my mobile browser, i think the presentation via Tapatalk on a small screen is alot better

I would definitely view via Tapatalk if it was available
holtehero

TapaTalk App 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:14 pm

holtehero wrote:I use Tapatalk on several forums and find it very useful.

While i can browse TBAR using my mobile browser, i think the presentation via Tapatalk on a small screen is alot better

I would definitely view via Tapatalk if it was available

Cheers HH
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Honestly I have no idea what it is but I used TBAR on my phone and any improvement in how user friendly it is on a smaller screen gets my vote!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:00 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Honestly I have no idea what it is but I used TBAR on my phone and any improvement in how user friendly it is on a smaller screen gets my vote!

That's the primary focus Dan. Cheers for the feedback. It is essentially a portal for many different forums (that use it) so you could log into the app and be checking a Car/other sport forum and then post on TBAR, all from within the app. Definitely easier for small screens.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Personally I don't use it on my phone purely because I don't like it. Which is fine, because working from home I'm on my laptop a lot anyway. Well, I say working... it's 2.05pm on a Monday and I have sent like one email. I should probably start catching up...! But anyway I would be up for something that enhances the mobile experience.

Thank for the feedback so far folks, any other comments are welcome, especially if, unlike me, you don't go off on a procrastinating, time-wasting tangent. Seriously, Kimbo, do some friggin' work man.

Bash I'll get my coat
kimbo
kimbo

TapaTalk App 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:17 pm

kimbo wrote:Personally I don't use it on my phone purely because I don't like it. Which is fine, because working from home I'm on my laptop a lot anyway. Well, I say working... it's 2.05pm on a Monday and I have sent like one email. I should probably start catching up...! But anyway I would be up for something that enhances the mobile experience.

Thank for the feedback so far folks, any other comments are welcome, especially if, unlike me, you don't go off on a procrastinating, time-wasting tangent. Seriously, Kimbo, do some friggin' work man.

Bash I'll get my coat

Don't be harsh on yourself, you're more productive than me, I've not even sent one email..... TapaTalk App 1662365926

Anyway keep the comments coming guys, all appreciated. It is all about making it more accessible when out and about.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:19 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
kimbo wrote:Personally I don't use it on my phone purely because I don't like it. Which is fine, because working from home I'm on my laptop a lot anyway. Well, I say working... it's 2.05pm on a Monday and I have sent like one email. I should probably start catching up...! But anyway I would be up for something that enhances the mobile experience.

Bash I'll get my coat

Don't be harsh on yourself, you're more productive than me, I've not even sent one email..... TapaTalk App 1662365926

Anyway keep the comments coming guys, all appreciated. It is all about making it more accessible when out and about.

Ps A little info for those that aren't familiar https://tapatalk.com/ for those that don't want to use it, it would have no effect and you would continue as we are now.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:20 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Would you guys use the TapaTalk app (or do you already?) if TBAR was available via that medium? We're looking at intergrating our forum onto te TapaTalk network so you can access it via their app on the go.

We would be very interested to know your views before we go ahead and implement it. It won't involve any changes to the forum (other than a TapaTalk link for the app) but it will mean you can access TBAR via an app on iOS/Android etc!!

Over to you guys, something different to think about other than how poor villa are. Cheers for your continuing support TapaTalk App 3769219917

****Added a link for those who haven't heard of it https://tapatalk.com/
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NZVillan Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Not a fan of TapaTalk, don't like the interface but that's a personal thing. Must be better App options out there I would think.
NZVillan

TapaTalk App 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:06 pm

1 HUNDRED MILLION PERCENT YES :)
Wigteke
Wigteke

TapaTalk App 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Thanks for you feedback so far. Here's a little update, it 'appears' the hosts of this forum may not be able to integrate TapaTalk (this isn't a definitive answer as of yet) however if that is a no go, we will explore other avenues in which to make the forum even more mobile friendly and accessible.

On a side note, we're looking at a dedicated blog with featured articles on villa related topics, we'd like this to be wide and varied and not just based on current events (as it's quite bleak and we debate it on the forum) so if there are any budding writers that would like to get involved and maybe look at writing a regular piece that would feature in our blog then let me know. We need to iron out the layout and a few other things, but we'd still like to hear from any interested members.

Cheers GM
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Wigteke wrote:1 HUNDRED MILLION PERCENT YES :)

I know it was you that originally asked for this way back when, so we'll do our best to get it sorted matey TapaTalk App 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

TapaTalk App 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum