The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

#LAMBERTOUT

+21
Synopsis
thegaffer6
avfc85
villabromsgrove
gdav
FoxyAV
Withes Sweatbands
Trotters
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
villashrew
Morpheus
GadgetMan
Thinman
DaveAV1
TED
kimbo
Sky
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
Green Villan
wiler
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

#LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 Empty Re: #LAMBERTOUT

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:14 am

Withes Sweatbands wrote:
Morpheus wrote:I honestly believe if Lerner hadn't cancelled McClaren's interview and he was our manager now instead of Lambert we would have a far better team and squad playing far better football.

Lerner's managerial appointments have been a nightmare which have crippled the club and then compounded this further by dishing out a new four year contract to someone with Lambert's record.

Utter, utter madness.

And Whos to blame for the cancelling of mclarens interview if we believe the rumours ? Yes that's right the villa fans who were calling for Lambert to be appointed over the so called wally with the brolly ... Well who's the wally now I ask myself and it's not mclaren that's for sure.. It's a couple of how ever many aston villa fans that's who ......

Blaming ourselves and infighting isn't going to get us anywhere.

I wonder how Lerner feels about his £18million+ striker Bent being left on the bench and then loaned out for the last couple of seasons, especially now the reports are that Bent forced the issue because he wasn't being played and was put out on loan to Derby. Lambert didn't sign him but he's cost Lerner well over £20million so far.

I have a feeling Lambert is now going to switch back to the 4-3-3 formation out of desperation and a complete lack of ideas. It doesn't take much to notice Guzan no longer kicks the ball and Villa are trying a possession game, Leicester simply closed us down as fast as possible and we lose the ball or punt it in desperation. We're so easy to play against it's a complete joke. Teams know they can hang back and let us have the ball because we're not going to do anything with it. Playing a 4-3-3 with Guzan getting the ball on a regular basis because we're sitting back waiting for the opposition to attack? Put two defenders on Benteke and he'll lose the ball nine times out of ten.

I have a feeling Bournemouth will thrash us and it'll be decision time for Lerner and Fox, if it isn't already.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

#LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by TED Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:33 am

I'm astonished how niave people are yes Lambert needs to go but we have to recognise no decent manager will take the Villa job with Lerners penny pinching and restraints. I disagree that the players are good enough. We may have three or four prem standard the rest are championship at best. So please don't kid yourself we are an unattractive propersission.
TED

#LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Plenty of decent managers would want the job!! As I've stated on here before most managers like players have massive egos & would look at it as a win win. Knowone would do a worse job so the only way is up, getting us up to mid table would be a good stepping stone for anyone.
This no manager would come to us line is just utter bullshit in my opinion.
gdav
gdav

#LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:41 pm

TED wrote:I'm astonished how niave people are yes Lambert needs to go but we have to recognise no decent manager will take the Villa job with Lerners penny pinching and restraints. I disagree that the players are good enough. We may have three or four prem standard the rest are championship at best. So please don't kid yourself we are an unattractive propersission.
I disagree. Doesn't make me naive. I mean, I could just as easily suggest it's naive to think there's no manager out there with the belief in his own ability that he can be an asset to Aston Villa - a big club currently in turmoil, but with shocking performances from Lambert. I believe the ego that it takes to be a manager means there would be options; that they would look at what Lambert is doing, and think, "I could get that lot going".

You're astonished at 'naivety'? Whilst there are certain very obvious areas that need improving, I personally find the suggestion that only 3/4 players are good enough for the Prem to be 'astonishing'. If anything I'd suggest we only need 3/4 players to be a decent side. Not 'challenging', but a decent side.
kimbo
kimbo

#LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:47 pm

I agree with Kimbo, the only question that a prospective manager needs to consider is "could I get more out of this squad of players?" If the answer is yes then he would have to back himself to put a plus mark on his CV.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by TED Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:08 pm

Kimbo you appear to ignore the obvious. LERNER uses managers and CE to deflect criticism. It's to Lerner's advantage to have a scapegoat. What established or up and coming manager would accept working in this environment?
Lambert certainly needs to go. But I can imagine LERNER stroking LAmberts ego to ensure he remains.
Ask yourself why the four year contract?
As for the players being Good enough can't see it. majority championship standard or past sell buy date. It's no good saying they use to be internationals we need to focus on the now.
TED

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:22 pm

Oh Ted, why do you feel the need to try and talk down to people?

Let's get something straight. I'm not naive, and I'm not ignoring a damn thing.

Lerner is the main problem, of course he is. Part of that being he is the man who thinks it's acceptable that Paul Lambert is manager of Aston Villa. So until he sees otherwise, all of this is pointless anyway.

What I am saying is, there is no way in hell that should he change his mind, that there will not be managers out there that fancy a crack at Aston Villa - because to the majority of (although clearly not all) people, Paul Lambert is doing a terrible job. That is not limited to fans of Aston Villa, believe me. Far from it.

The short term gain is painfully obvious; plenty of managers will believe they can do a better job than Lambert, so instantly they get fans onside, and they enhance their own reputation. If we get taken over, they may well have the chance to impress some billionaires, too.

There are always chairmen that people think will never be able to hire a manager but it never works out that way. It would not at Villa either.

Again, I take your insult and throw it back at you in the form of a respectful rebuttal - in the unlikely event that Lerner sees sense over Lambert, then we WILL have people interested in the job, and *that* is 'the obvious'.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:23 pm

TED wrote:Kimbo you appear to ignore the obvious. LERNER uses managers and CE to deflect criticism. It's to Lerner's advantage to have a scapegoat. What established or up and coming manager would accept working in this environment?
Lambert certainly needs to go. But I can imagine LERNER stroking LAmberts ego to ensure he remains.
Ask yourself why the four year contract?
As for the players being Good enough can't see it. majority championship standard or past sell buy date. It's no good saying they use to be internationals we need to focus on the now.

Player for player we were better than Leicester in my opinion. They wanted it more. The players were good enough to beat Leicester, the desire and coaching wasn't.

Also I don't subscribe to your idea that Lerner would rather have a scapegoat than a decent manager. I think his persistence with Lambert says more about his lack of football knowledge than anything else. What advantage is there in having a scapegoat if he gets you relegated?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:57 pm

When will this misery end, I agree that Lerner is the main problem of the club, it starts from him and the core of the club has become rotten, but I have lost faith in Lambert - I agree he hasnt had the tools to get us to the heights we believe Villa should be but he should of at least been able to keep us steady which he has constantly failed to do.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:27 pm

Surely if we had a decent manager then we wouldn't need a scapegoat?

#LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 50815218
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:54 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Surely if we had a decent manager then we wouldn't need a scapegoat?

Checkmate!
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:12 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Surely if we had a decent manager then we wouldn't need a scapegoat?

Brilliant, this all day long. Case closed.

Oh and to remind you, McLeish was one of the highest payed managers in WORLD football when he came to VP. PLENTY would still want to manage us, of course they'll be people who won't, but there will be more that will want to come than not.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by wiler Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:12 pm

wiler

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Ken Plows on Twitter has posted this sobering reply,

#LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 Ken10

Green Villan
Green Villan

#LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:20 pm

Even God has come out called the club a disgrace!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Lambert out is about as likely as a Saudi female F1 racing driver sponsored by their royal family!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:44 am

Im starting to wonder what he has photos of Randy doing tbh. He has to have something on him to still have a job
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by wiler Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:07 am

Lambert couldn't manage a team with the likes of Messi and the best players in the world. I'm convinced of that. He simply needs to gtfu our great club. As I've stated before, stop going to matches, lost revenue will make Fox and Lerner think twice.
wiler

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:25 am

Just a question.

If we kept Lambert and a new owner came in do you think results would improve?

I'm sorry Dan but my answer to that would be no.

Everyone acknowledges that Lambert hasn't had it easy here with a chairman more intent on recouping his money than furthering the interests of Aston Villa football club, hence the amount of patience shown by the fanbase.

However Lambert has had three seasons here and given approximately 50m to spend. That expenditure has been used to death to berate anyone criticising Lambert for our style of play on the pitch. I've read it time and time again 'you only get what you pay for' and 'he's had to shop in Tesco's instead of Harods.'

If you look at his signings though, those who still defend him more out of stubbornness than anything else, argue that under the circumstances he has bought well in the transfer market. If that is so then there before us lies a massive contradiction. If he has bought well then why are we still struggling?

Moreover as we've seen with Vlaar, Benteke, Westwood, Cissokho, Okore, Sanchez and more recently Gil you do not have to spend 10m per purchase to find good players which also negates the argument that we are playing badly due to lack of finance in the transfer market.

Since as far as we know Lerner has no influence on choice of player or tactics then who is ultumately accountable for the team's performances and if you include more recent performances you also can't blame the coaching because we haven't got a coach at the moment.

Additionally, are all aware of the records broken while Lambert has been at the club but to focus on that misses the overall point. The results and performances simply haven't been good enough over a long period of time and it is Lambert who is responsible for that.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by wiler Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:31 am

Morpheus is spot on, we'll said. I would love Lerner to go but ultimately Paul Lambert has failed in his position. He simply can't get the best out of his players- which he even says are good enough to stay up. He's had the funds, limited, but we have a decent squad. They need leadership and he is not a leader. Just look at the way he acts on the touchline, no passion, no fight. We need someone who bleeds winning and who can motivate the lads by example.
wiler

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:40 am

Morpheus wrote:Just a question.

If we kept Lambert and a new owner came in do you think results would improve?

I'm sorry Dan but my answer to that would be no.

Everyone acknowledges that Lambert hasn't had it easy here with a chairman more intent on recouping his money than furthering the interests of Aston Villa football club, hence the amount of patience shown by the fanbase.

However Lambert has had three seasons here and given approximately 50m to spend. That expenditure has been used to death to berate anyone criticising Lambert for our style of play on the pitch. I've read it time and time again 'you only get what you pay for' and 'he's had to shop in Tesco's instead of Harods.'

If you look at his signings though, those who still defend him more out of stubbornness than anything else, argue that under the circumstances he has bought well in the transfer market. If that is so then there before us lies a massive contradiction. If he has bought well then why are we still struggling?

Moreover as we've seen with Vlaar, Benteke, Westwood, Cissokho, Okore, Sanchez and more recently Gil you do not have to spend 10m per purchase to find good players which also negates the argument that we are playing badly due to lack of finance in the transfer market.

Since as far as we know Lerner has no influence on choice of player or tactics then who is ultumately accountable for the team's performances and if you include more recent performances you also can't blame the coaching because we haven't got a coach at the moment.

Additionally, are all aware of the records broken while Lambert has been at the club but to focus on that misses the overall point. The results and performances simply haven't been good enough over a long period of time and it is Lambert who is responsible for that.

Just cannot argue with that! #LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 3769219917
achilles
achilles

#LAMBERTOUT - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:52 am

Villa are like a car crash, you don't want to look (in fact you want to get as far away from the whole thing as possible) but you just can't look away. It has come to the point now where i don't just think we will be relegated i am CERTAIN of it. You can't go out every week thinking " We'll just keep doing what we're doing and hopefully the other team will be worse than we are this week" or "Fingers crossed with a bit of luck, a few deflections and the wind blowing in the right direction we might just score a goal" It's absolutely ridiculous.
Burnley will probarbly go down this year but at least they look like they give a toss. They have a weak team and most of their players are not Premiership standard but they battle and have a go and try and play the best football they can. Now look at Villa, we have players in our team who are PROVEN Premiership players and we have players who play for their national teams. The difference is half of our players really don't care.
I do blame Lambert for this culture of not giving a $hit and just collecting a wage as it seems to have become more preavalent under him. I also think he is a clueless tactician, plays players in the wrong position and has no idea what his best formation is which is demoralising for the players. However, in his interview after the Arsenal game last week he accused the players of giving up and basically called them bottlers - i was impressed. Don't get me wrong Lambert deserves 50% of the blame but their are players in that team who deserve the other 50% because they are lazy, spineless, money-grabbing divas who can't be arsed to try their hardest for 90 minutes to pick up their £30,000 a week. What i'm interested in seeing now is whether what he said last week was just empty words or whether he's going to do something about it. The ones who gave up need dropping against Chelsea (lets face it we're not gonna win) as a kick up the arse.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:15 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a team try to defend so high up the pitch when playing against Arsenal. There were a couple of occasions on Sunday when our back line was totally in the Arsenal half. Was that the manager or was it the players?

It might have been done to deny Arsenal's midfield space, but if it was deliberate it was clueless and suicidal.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:20 pm

What's quite telling is that we had more possession than Arsenal - yet they scored 5 goals and we scored none which clearly tells you that when we have the ball we are not putting it into the right areas. Possession football only works when you are scoring goals.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:19 pm

Fcuk possession statistics, the only statistic that counts is the final score !
Our best weapon is a centre forward who can be a beast in the air, cater to this strength by playing with pacey wingers who get to the byline & fling a cross in !
Feed the Beast & he will score !
Lambert will not revert from his 451 / 433 crap , is this down to ignorance or arrogance ? I don't know, what i do know is that our current tactics are NOT working , you would think after all this time , he would of at least tried 442 wouldn't you ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum