The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League

+4
gdav
avfc85
Trotters
KMitch
8 posters

Go down

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League Empty Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League

Post by KMitch Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:28 am

3 Red Cards and 41 Bookings have us at the top of the Premier League's disciplinary table.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-lambert-says-aston-villa-8364352

I personally don't think we're a dirty team, but when you defend for 65-70% of every match, you're bound to pick up more cards than teams who only defend for 50-55% of the match.
KMitch
KMitch

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League Empty Re: Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League

Post by Trotters Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:37 am

That's exactly right. Benteke's red was also a fiasco and, if you look at some other studs-up challenges, you could also argue that Delph's was a bit soft.

Weimann, Guzan and Gabby (??) have been booked for being too gobby (I'm sure there have been others) so, no, we're not a dirty team; just unlucky, disliked by refs and as you have pointed out KMitch, without the ball far too often.

Trotters
Trotters

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League Empty Re: Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League

Post by avfc85 Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:34 am

I can be unbiased when it comes to the Villa, I will say that we have had some poor refs especially at Villa park this season.

Sometimes Villa fans can use refs as an excuse for being poor but I have witnessed some right stinkers by refs got worse since Webb left.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 am

I think in genral the referees in the prem are a lot worse than they have been before. There have been some absouloutly shocking decisions this season for all clubs.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:52 am

I think Villa's indiscipline stems from the fact that we still tend to play as a bunch of individuals, rather than playing a tight team formation. That means that we constantly have players without support and out of position, which leads to them jumping in and making rash tackles to recover possession.
villabromsgrove

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:43 pm

We seem to be getting more red cards than goals.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Player discipline is down to the manager. Do the players fear the results of their rash behaviour, do they fear facing the wrath of an incandescent manager in the dressing room? Obviously not at Villa. Villa players often remind me of a bunch of unruly kids, and Paul Lambert is their ineffective soft doting dad.

Can you imagine Fergie's reaction! Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League 1715320296
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:00 pm

I think they look like kids with a substitute teacher, he's telling them to do things which have been written down and they know there's no point, they give him no respect, and they don't put any effort or work in.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:05 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I think they look like kids with a substitute teacher, he's telling them to do things which have been written down and they know there's no point, they give him no respect, and they don't put any effort or work in.
It certainly looked like that on Saturday against Leicester which is worrying.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Villa and Leicester have been charged by the FA for not controlling their players:

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30781463
achilles
achilles

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:04 pm

I thought Villa were trying to keep costs down, so far Villa have been fined £20,000 and £30,000 by the FA this season for failing to control their players against Tottenham and Man Ure respectively!

What will the FA dish out now... £50,000?
achilles
achilles

Worst Disciplinary Record in the Premier League 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down