The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Leicester City

+16
The Utterer
UnclePanda
KMitch
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
South London Villan
Dave Hall
Con
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Green Villan
kimbo
Trotters
mefromhere
FoxyAV
villabromsgrove
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will the non-losing streak continue?

Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_lcap19%Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_lcap38%Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_lcap6%Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_lcap12%Aston Villa v Leicester City I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Aston Villa v Leicester City Empty Aston Villa v Leicester City

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:49 pm

I couldn't bring myself to post on the Palace match thread after that lucky pile of shite that Lambert called a "deserved win" and "massive", so we go again at home to Leicester. It has to be better football on Sunday doesn't it? We can't play that badly twice in five days can we?  

Let's change the thread title to Benteke v Leicester shall we .... that sounds a bit more positive.
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Leicester City 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Leicester City Empty Re: Aston Villa v Leicester City

Post by FoxyAV Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm afraid I'll repeat myself here. We'll see 4-3-3 with Hutton, Okore, Clark and Cissokho in defence, Cleverley, Westwood and Sanchez in the middle and Gabby, Benteke and N'Zog (Wiemann picked up a fifth yellow yesterday) up front. Leicester will follow Palace's lead and keep our wing backs and Benteke quiet, thus cancelling out any attacking threat other than Benteke's individual genius. Cole will still be injured and Grealish - sorry, who? If Vlaar is off next month then Clark and Okore look to be doing a good job (is it me or are we seeing more offsides?) and Baker and Senderos might find themselves back from injury as third- and fourth choice.

I've just remembered Bacuna still plays for us. Could we see him on the right instead of N'Zog? At least he knows how to put in a decent cross and defend and IIRC it was Keane who had an issue with him.

I am in the camp that thinks we have a 10th-12th place Premier League squad directed by a very average to poor Championship manager. That could be an insult to the Championship though. Just as Delph looked a different player in an England shirt I think Westwood would too, and if Lamberts DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND Guzan kicks the ball to the opposition so we can DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND and repeat all match doesn't finish off our players or make them all leave I am clinging on to the hope that we'll get to see some of the current squad play for a different manager at Villa and find out whether they are actually any good or Lambert really can only play 4-3-3 because they really are too bad for anything else.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Defend, defend,defend and nick one Sums up Lambert's tactic perfectly Foxy. It's an insult to Aston Villa's name and to all the past teams that have gone out on the pitch and tried to win matches for the Claret and Blue.

However big (or small) the crowd is on Sunday, it deserves a better display than Villa put on last night.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:16 pm

We all know the team bar perhaps one player, we all know the tactics and we all know the performance.

Good effort in a clueless way, good goal but sat back and the inevitable happened. So I'm going for a 1-1 and my match report is above.

If we see a change of personnel or tactics I'll get back to you on Sunday at half 3
mefromhere
mefromhere

Aston Villa v Leicester City 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:08 am

I just looked at the table, 11 teams have conceded more goals than us, which considering how much of a battering our defence regularly takes isn't such a bad statistic. Now Benteke's back we can expect a few more goals but that doesn't mean we're going to enjoy any of it. I'm still annoyed at Lambert's performance on Tuesday.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:50 am

It's awful football and other fans must loathe us. I would. And I'd be wishing after stinking up this league for far too long, that we'd drop.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Leicester City 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:35 am

Trotters wrote:It's awful football and other fans must loathe us. I would. And I'd be wishing after stinking up this league for far too long, that we'd drop.
Definitely. I think for the neutral we are the team everyone must want to see disappear.
kimbo
kimbo

Aston Villa v Leicester City 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Nigel Pearson is a monumental bell end, we MUST beat the jumped up meat headed idiot, his fans are already on his back so they are going to loose it if Villa beat them, lets see some other mugs scrapping amongst their selves instead of Villa fans.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Aston Villa v Leicester City 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Right, I really must try to ignore Lambert and get some positive vibes going about the next two matches. Six points, I won't accept anything less!

Is that a bit too positive?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:58 pm

Bring those "positive vibes" baby, the more we get out there the better!!
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Aston Villa v Leicester City 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:01 am

I think anything we do well this season will be despite of the Lambert clown so maybe a win will boost the confidence and convince the players that they CAN win under their own steam and just go out there and do it.

I don't know which way this will go. We could win 2-0 or lose 3-0.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:05 am

Poll added. VB apologises for his lack of IT skills. Aston Villa v Leicester City 2881341339
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:33 am

We're missing Weimann against Leicester.

He has 3 goals and 2 assists this season. Our best forward. He also tackles so we are going to miss his tackling.

We're just not going to be able to replace that.

We should start Grealish and try to keep ball possession so we don't have to win it back so much.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:09 am

As stupid as it sounds to say Weimann is hard to replace, he is...in Lambert's stupid set-up.

Lambert needs another defender-striker/winger and, whilst Grealish ain't it (I don't think he's going to contribute as much defensively) he will hold the ball and help the team maintain possession a lot better thus negating having to do so much of that defending.

Christ I wish he'd give the 4-3-3 away. Where'd he get the idea from? Some Champions League side in Germany that he masturbates furiously to?

We need to stick to basic 4-4-2 or, if he does want to be all European-like, 4-3-2-1. A Christmas tree formation is apt, I suppose.

--------------------------------Guzan-------------------------------------

--Hutton--------That's Okore!----Clacker-------Stupid-hair Cissokho--

------------Westy----------Dirty Sanchez---------Richardson-----------

----------------N'Zog/Cleverley----------Grealish-------------------

----------------------------------The Beast-----------------------------------
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:13 am

Alternatively, try 3-5-2. It is only struggling Leicester after all. What can possibly go wrong?

--------------------------Guzan--------------------------------

-------Hutton-------That's Okore!------Clacker---------------

-N'Zog----Westy---Dirty Sanchez---Grealish---Richardson--

-------------------------The Beast------------------------------
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:15 am

Basically, anything except 4-3-shitting-3
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:32 am

Opta Stats: Aston Villa v Leicester City

It's a Midlands derby between two struggling sides as Aston Villa host Leicester. Opta are on hand with the vital statistics.

The last three meetings between Aston Villa and Leicester City in all competitions have ended as away wins. Leicester are 3.35 to win.

Aston Villa have suffered a defeat in just one of their last seven league games against the Foxes (W3 D3 L1). They are 2.42 to add another victory to that tally.

Leicester City have scored in each of their last nine league trips to Villa Park to play Aston Villa, but they have also conceded in eight of these games. Both teams to score is 1.9.

The last three Premier League games between Villa and Leicester have seen 13 goals scored (4.3 per game on average). Over 3.5 goals is 3.85.

Christian Benteke's goal against Crystal Palace was his first in the Premier League since March (versus Stoke). Benteke is 2.62 to score.

Since joining Villa, Benteke has scored 30 times in the Premier League - 14 more than any of his team-mates. He is 6.0 to score the first goal.

The Villains are the only side yet to pick up a point after falling behind in the league this season. Leicester are 5.8 to win half-time/full-time.

Just four players have scored a Premier League goal for Aston Villa this season (J.Cole, Agbonlahor, Weimann and Benteke); a lower spread than any other side. Under 2.5 goals is 1.83.

Overall in their 90 Premier League games under Paul Lambert, just three goals have been scored by an Aston Villa substitute. The odds of the first-half containing more goals than the second is 3.1.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:40 am

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/12/05/aston-villa-latest-delph-boost-albrighton-facing-strange-return/

Aston Villa latest: Delph boost, Albrighton facing 'strange' return, Okore finally comfortable

Delph injury boost

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has revealed that Fabian Delph could be back on the pitch in a fortnight after returning to training today.

The midfielder took part in a light non-contact session and is making solid progress in his bid to return from a dislocated shoulder suffered in October.

Captain Ron Vlaar could also be back in training tomorrow as Villa prepare for Sunday's home game against Leicester City, but the Dutchman isn't in contention to feature on the afternoon.

Lambert hopes to see fellow centre-back Philippe Senderos return this month, too, while Jose Cole is set for spend two weeks on the sidelines after being forced off within the first 10 minutes of Tuesday's 1-0 win at Crystal Palace with a hamstring injury.

“Ron will hopefully maybe do a bit of training tomorrow with the team. He’s more advanced than Philippe," the boss told the club's official website.

“Ron is coming on. Fabian is coming on too.

“Fabian trained with the team today. It was non-contact with Fabian at the moment. But he is doing really well. Slowly but surely we are starting to get them back.

“Philippe I think hopefully, things going well, we will maybe get him back before the end of the month.

“Joe has injured his hamstring. So I think it will be hopefully a couple of weeks, maybe. It’s not too bad. Hopefully he gets back quicker.

“Joe was excellent at Burnley but, to be fair, Carlos came on at Palace and was excellent for us. Joe’s misfortune gave Carlos that chance to get back in again.

“But Joe was fantastic against Burnley.”

Albrighton prepared for 'strange' return to Villa Park

Sunday's match will also mark a first return to Villa Park for Marc Albrighton, following the winger's summer move to Leicester City on a free transfer.

A boyhood Villa fan, Albrighton signed for the club at the age of eight, before going on to score nine goals in 101 total first-team appearances from 2009 to 2014.

The 25-year-old admitted it was a shock not to be offered a new deal by Lambert at the end of last season, but will not let sentiment get in the way on the weekend.

“It is going to be a bit strange going back to the club where it all started and facing my old team-mates and friends,” he told the Leicester Mercury. “I spent 16 years there in total.

“I am really looking forward to it but I have to treat it like any other game. It is a game we are looking to win and get those all-important three points.

“I have all my family going; my mum, dad, family and friends. Everyone has asked for a ticket, so it will be special. Hopefully I can get some game time and we can get a win.

“It is something I am looking forward to. I have never played against an old club before. It will be a new experience but I can’t wait for Sunday to come so I can get out there.”

Weimann happy out wide

Albrighton won't be lining up against former teammate Andreas Weimann on the weekend, however, after the Austrian earned a one-match suspension after picking up his fifth league booking of the season.

Had he been in the line-up, the forward would have likely been deployed out wide, where he insists he now feels comfortable, despite still believing that he can be more effective through the middle.

"It does feel natural now," he told the club's official website. "I've played there the last two seasons so I know what the manager wants in that position, defensively and attacking.

"I've played there the last two seasons and as I've always said, as long as I'm in the team I don't really mind where I'm playing.

"The manager knows that my favourite position is through the middle but he believes I can do a job on the wing," he added. "Even though it is not my best position I think I can do a pretty good job.

"I've got three [goals] now so hopefully I can keep going and get more. That was my plan - to get more than last year - and I've started off well and hopefully I can carry on.

"In a lot of the games I've played as a winger or a midfielder, so getting double figures is tough but I will try my best. I want to get as many as I can."

Okore finally feeling at home

Another player who's feeling comfortable in the Villa side is Jores Okore, who is set to make his fourth consecutive start against Leicester.

Signing from FC Nordsjælland last summer for around £4 million, the Danish centre-back made just four appearances during his first season before suffering a serious knee injury against Newcastle United just one month into the campaign.

Despite returning to action in pre-season, he found himself on the fringes of the first-team over the early stages of this term, but recent injuries to Vlaar, Senderos and Nathan Baker have seen him seize his opportunity to stake a claim for a regular place.

“I’m really happy at the moment to be back on the teamsheet,” he told the Birmingham Mail. "It was very hard last season especially coming to a new country and a new place.

“It has been a long transition because I haven’t been a part of the team.

“I’ve needed to get to know the lads better outside of football.

“I have tried to hang with them and get to know them a bit better outside and I’m starting to feel a part of it now.”

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:45 am

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/413929/Aston-Villa-Paul-Lambert-Nigel-Pearson

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert admits sympathy for Nigel Pearson after fan rant

ASTON VILLA boss Paul Lambert admits he has sympathy for Nigel Pearson after his midweek spat with supporters.

Lambert - whose Villa side face Leicester tomorrow - has given his support to the City boss following the controversial incident, which is set to land Pearson in hot water.

Pearson got into a row with Leicester supporters during Tuesday's defeat by Liverpool and is believed to have told one of them to 'f*** off and die'.

But Lambert believes that abusive fans are only damaging their own team.

Lambert is concerned that Pearson's situation is getting more common.

He said: "I don't know the situation, but Nigel's a good guy.

"It's not nice to hear what happened. I don't like the criticism managers get.

Aston Villa v Leicester City 548205eb198ce_pearson
SYMPATHY: Paul Lambert admits he understands Nigel Pearson's action

"It's okay for people to say 'don't react', but it's not nice."

"We try and do a good job."

Lambert says he does his best to ignore any insults that come flying his way from the crowd.

"You're not oblivious to it," he said. "You know exactly what's going on.

"But you just try and focus on the game as it can hurt the team and damage what happens on the pitch.

"You're at the forefront of it, that's the way it is.

"But things like this seem to be creeping into the game more and more.

"And you've got things like banners as well.

"I don't like see other managers get that either. But people pay their money and that's the way it is.

"You have to be big enough to get over it."

England midfielder Fabian Delph returned to training yesterday.

The 25-year-old dislocated his shoulder in October and was originally ruled out until the end of December.

Lambert added: “It’s non-contact at the minute but he’s doing really well.

“Slowly but surely we’re starting to get guys back.”
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:21 am

Trotters wrote:Alternatively, try 3-5-2. It is only struggling Leicester after all. What can possibly go wrong?

--------------------------Guzan--------------------------------

-------Hutton-------That's Okore!------Clacker---------------

-N'Zog----Westy---Dirty Sanchez---Grealish---Richardson--

-------------------------The Beast------------------------------
You're obviously confident, that's only 10 players

Aston Villa v Leicester City 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Aston Villa v Leicester City 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:38 am

Hahahahaha. You know I looked at that and it didn't look right but I couldn't work out why. Aston Villa v Leicester City 1662365926

Oh well....throw Robinson in then.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Guzan
Hutton Clark Okore Richardson
Grealish Sanchez Westwood Cleverley
Benteke Agbonlahor
mefromhere
mefromhere

Aston Villa v Leicester City 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Hall Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:54 pm

Green Villan wrote:Nigel Pearson is a monumental bell end, we MUST beat the jumped up meat headed idiot, his fans are already on his back so they are going to loose it if Villa beat them, lets see some other mugs scrapping amongst their selves instead of Villa fans.

That won't be the case. Villa fans will be fighting among themselves until the end of the season. Leicester fans will not 'loose' it or even lose it.
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Hall Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:54 pm

Trotters wrote:Basically, anything except 4-3-shitting-3

2-3-5 or don't you remember that?
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:04 am

I remember something akin to 2-0-8 in the final minutes against Bradford.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum