The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Arsene Wenger

Go down

Arsene Wenger Empty Arsene Wenger

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:29 pm

The Arsenal manager will clock up 1000 games in charge of The Gunners when they face Chelsea tomorrow, according to the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26641963

There are tributes in that article from, amongst others, our own Brian Little, but what are your memories, what are your impressions of Wenger?

I think he is a manager who is very loyal to his best players, too loyal in fact. When transgressions have occurred, Wenger's famous blindfold ("I deed not zee eet") has been all too in evidence.

That said, he's managed Arsenal to Christ knows how many successive Champions League campaigns (although only a single final appearance) in his time and he obviously needs to know what he's doing to achieve that over so many years.

He's also rumoured to have had a hand in the design of their Ashburton Grove home.

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger Empty Re: Arsene Wenger

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:31 pm

I like wenger and the football his teams play - not too keen on him in interviews when he fails to own up to wrong doing by his players but overall he is a good boss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:38 pm

He should have gone to Specsavers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:23 pm

I have always had a liking for Arsenal in that they are a club of tradition like ourselves. I used to argue that they are the one big club in the modern era that can claim to have always been a big club.

In the mid 1990s we were not a million miles away from them at all and had competed for titles around the time they were successful in the early 90s. 1994-1996, villa and Arsenal weren't separated by much, and they also had a brush with relegation in 1994-95.

To see where they are now compared to us just shows what a great manager Wenger has been for them. They have won a lot of honours (despite the recent drought), and have kept pace with City and Chelsea.

Whenever Wenger goes, I think they will miss him in the same way that United are a different proposition without Ferguson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:43 pm

There, I put a curse on him by giving him such high praise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Happy 1,000th game Arsene!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 12:26 pm

If they had invested of a few quid in last January's transfer window they could have won the league this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 2:31 pm

Aye. Do we think that Ozil has justified the hype and fee paid for him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Aye. Do we think that Ozil has justified the hype and fee paid for him?
not yet but he will do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 5:16 pm

I was always a huge Ozil fan but he has not set the world alight at Arsenal. 

They are a bit like the top four equivalent of us. Complacent, sauntering along, just about doing enough to avoid slipping out below that line that separates fourth from fifth. If they don't change things it will be only a matter of time before it happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Nauseous odious creature and MON had him right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum