The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton

+9
gdav
VillaBill
Green Villan
Wigteke
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
avfcjoe
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton Empty Gardner & Bennett at Brighton

Post by avfcjoe Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 am

Being from Brighton, I occasionally take a trip to the Amex to watch them play,

Last night, Bennett was brilliant, by far and away their best player, up and down the wing defending and attacking well for 90 minutes!

Gardner also played 90 mins last night, and look a class above anyone in Brighton and Cardiffs midfield! His range of passing is incredible and has a fierce shot on him!

Seems to me we have 2 very good players there! Hopefully they can bring that form back to Villa when their loans finish!
avfcjoe

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton Empty Re: Gardner & Bennett at Brighton

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:12 am

Gardner's problem was never ability, he's got talent in spades. But he is injury prone and needs to prove he is physically up to the rigours of being a professional footballer
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:35 am

Gardner can do it in the Premiership if he stays injury free (that's a big "IF")

Bennett is good technically but is too risky and not consistent enough for top class football Imo.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:18 pm

I don't honestly think we can classify Gardner as injury prone. That suggests that he's usually match-fit with the occasional break-down. As such I'd say he was match-fit prone.
Trotters
Trotters

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:08 pm

As stupid as it may sound, Gardner may be okay because his injuries have generally being bad ones. What I mean is, he doesn't have loads of little niggles that keep him out for spells here & there. He has had proper big long-term specific injuries, and if he can have a bit of luck, he may be fine for years to come. Steven Gerrard, Alan Shearer, Ryan Giggs - all examples of players that had some very bad injuries in their younger days then went a long time in their careers just fine.
kimbo
kimbo

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Not really seen gardener play much! Although I saw him on a plane to Malaga and he was surprised I recognised him!

Bennet on the other hand Im unsure about.... He has ability there is no doubt but sometimes I find his positioning catching him the wrong side of the defender which inevitably can cost goals!
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 am

Yeah, I think Bennett can be a decent left midfielder to avoid his defensive lapses, not sure he can do it in the Prem though.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:19 am

I watched Gary Gardner play for the reserves as a young lad and he reminded me so much of a young Steve Gerrard. I really thought he was going to be a great player.

This is his last chance to establish himself or forever regret what might have been.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:30 am

Just read he had 93% passing accuracy on Tuesday night.... I think this 4 month spell at Brighton could well be the making of him! Come through that fit, and continuing to play well, and he could quite easily slot into the first team in the near future!
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:45 am

villabromsgrove wrote:I watched Gary Gardner play for the reserves as a young lad and he reminded me so much of a young Steve Gerrard. I really thought he was going to be a great player.

That echoes my thoughts exactly - my mother doesn't really follow what happens in the youth set up and relies on me to pass her info. When GG first started cropping up in conversations she asked me about him and I said "top draw, he's the future Steven Gerrard." She then met him and told him this was my opinion on him!

Obviously this was before his injuries really hampered his progression.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:46 am

avfcjoe wrote:Just read he had 93% passing accuracy on Tuesday night.... I think this 4 month spell at Brighton could well be the making of him! Come through that fit, and continuing to play well, and he could quite easily slot into the first team in the near future!
I hope so. He has the talent and will benefit from playing a couple of dozen consecutive games. Checking his stats at Brighton he's still not playing regularly (three starts, couple of sub appearances and an unused sub) Let's hope he gets a run of games soon.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:59 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
avfcjoe wrote:Just read he had 93% passing accuracy on Tuesday night.... I think this 4 month spell at Brighton could well be the making of him! Come through that fit, and continuing to play well, and he could quite easily slot into the first team in the near future!
I hope so. He has the talent and will benefit from playing a couple of dozen consecutive games. Checking his stats at Brighton he's still not playing regularly (three starts, couple of sub appearances and an unused sub) Let's hope he gets a run of games soon.

I suppose he may have turned a corner last night. He hasn't played regularly anywhere for a while now so it will have taken him a few games to get up to speed, and maybe last night shows that's where he's now at.

He'll probably have a stinker next game, two own goals and a red card now I've said that.... Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 1662365926
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:00 pm

avfcjoe wrote:Being from Brighton, I occasionally take a trip to the Amex to watch them play,

Last night, Bennett was brilliant, by far and away their best player, up and down the wing defending and attacking well for 90 minutes!

Gardner also played 90 mins last night, and look a class above anyone in Brighton and Cardiffs midfield! His range of passing is incredible and has a fierce shot on him!

Seems to me we have 2 very good players there! Hopefully they can bring that form back to Villa when their loans finish!

Joe I meant to add, cheers for that, please keep it coming if you go to any more of their games Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 3769219917
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:12 pm

kimbo wrote:
avfcjoe wrote:Being from Brighton, I occasionally take a trip to the Amex to watch them play,

Joe I meant to add, cheers for that, please keep it coming if you go to any more of their games Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 3769219917

Not planning on going anytime soon, but have lots of friends who go week in week out! Will keep you informed!
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:29 pm

Great stuff bud, cheers. Will be interesting to hear their views really, obviously you're a Villa fan so it's easier for you to focus on our lads whereas they will have a different perspective. Much appreciated anyway dude.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 pm

I really want to see Gardner in action for us, I was glad to see him do well in pre-season and can't wait to see him in a competitive capacity for us :)
Green Villan
Green Villan

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Gotta say I agree, thought he looked good in pre-season. Such a cliché but he really could be like a new signing for us.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Best left back performance I saw last season was Bennett V Chelsea, I think there may be a player in there ( Lambert then subsequently dropped him for Bertrand the next game ) !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:17 pm

The first game I saw Bennett in just after we signed him he was by far the best player on the pitch. Would never of imagined then that things would turn out the way the have for him.
I think he has absouloutly massive potential but he needs to gain more confidence.
gdav
gdav

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:53 am

gdav wrote:The first game I saw Bennett in just after we signed him he was by far the best player on the pitch. Would never of imagined then that things would turn out the way the have for him.
I think he has absouloutly massive potential but he needs to gain more confidence.
Boom I think you just hit the nail on the head!

"Bennett, a player with great potential and skill just lacking confidence"

Quoted Wigteke 2014.
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:36 pm

I think bennetts biggest problem was he was moving up in leagues when he signed, and expected to play in a defence that was a shambles, but I do think that he's more an attacking fullback and if played in a formation that allows him to attack and not have to worry to much about the defensive side, we'd see a better player. The same goes for Lowton, if we say played 3 centre halves with 2 wing backs like in the big Ron era, the both would thrive.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:18 pm

CoE82 wrote:I think bennetts biggest problem was he was moving up in leagues when he signed, and expected to play in a defence that was a shambles, but I do think that he's more an attacking fullback and if played in a formation that allows him to attack and not have to worry to much about the defensive side, we'd see a better player. The same goes for Lowton, if we say played 3 centre halves with 2 wing backs like in the big Ron era, the both would thrive.

Not to be pedantic but we never played that under Big Ron. Taylor played it before him, Little/Gregory played it after him, but Big Ron never played 3 at the back.

I agree with the rest though, both Bennett and Lowton are definitely more wing-backs than full-backs.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Hall Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:02 pm

These players will have to be recalled soon due to the continuing injuries and suspicious non-selection of certain players.
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 am

Does anyone know how the loans are going?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Gardner & Bennett at Brighton 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Gary Gardner scores again, that's twice in a few days.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next