The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Alan Hutton

+6
GadgetMan
USVillan
Mr_Spadge
Trotters
Villa_Dan
GodzoneVilla
10 posters

Go down

Alan Hutton Empty Alan Hutton

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:49 am

official site wrote:

Alan Hutton is over the moon about his fresh Villa opportunity and has vowed to "grab it with both hands".

Hutton marked his pre-season resurgence with the winning goal in Tuesday night's 1-0 win over Walsall at the Banks's Stadium.

The Scottish full-back hasn't played a competitive game for Villa since a 1-1 draw against former club Tottenham in May 2012.

But he has been back in the fold during the pre-season campaign, turning in a string of impressive performances.

And Hutton - who has had loan spells at Nottingham Forest, Real Mallorca and Bolton since his last Villa appearance - says it is great to be involved again.

"I am over the moon - I never thought I'd be putting on a Villa strip again," said the 29-year-old.

"To be fair I thought those days were passed. I came in during pre-season and the manager said we would be starting from scratch again.

"He's given me the opportunity to come in and show my worth.

"To have that opportunity to come around again and try again was great for me. Hopefully I can grab it with both hands.

"It's a great feeling to be involved and hopefully I can pay the manager back with good performances.

"You want to train every day to play at the end of the week. It's just one of those things.

"Football is really up and down. Hopefully I can go back on the up now."

Hutton was pleased to bag a rare goal in Villa's penultimate friendly against the Saddlers.

"I don't normally get into those sort of positions," he added.

"I think it came off Gabby and happened to fall to me. I was in the right place at the right time and put it in.

"It was going everywhere. It just happened to fall at my feet. It was harder to miss. It was good to score."

Back to top Go down

Alan Hutton Empty Re: Alan Hutton

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:01 am

Eastie wrote:
official site wrote:

"I don't normally get into those sort of positions," he added.

"I think it came off Gabby and happened to fall to me. I was in the right place at the right time and put it in.

"It was going everywhere. It just happened to fall at my feet. It was harder to miss. It was good to score."

Well there you go - our scoring problems solved just get Hutton to stand some near gabby. His shots go anywhere, law of averages dictates a few will even hit hutton and end going in.

Fair play to hutton though, his attitude makes a refreshing change to the stagnant cess pit that Villa seems to have become in the last couple of years.
GodzoneVilla

Alan Hutton 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:05 am

Behaved nothing short of professionally, and has put a shift in during preseason. Can't fault the man.

Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Alan Hutton 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:25 am

He's certainly been the surprise package so far.
Trotters
Trotters

Alan Hutton 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 am

I really hope he turns in some great performances... Great professional attitude to behave like this after the way he's been treated. Not the best right back in the world, but hope he can be solid...
Mr_Spadge

Alan Hutton 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Mr_Spadge wrote: Great professional attitude to behave like this after the way he's been treated.
Totally agree--the way he's managed to not disparage Villa fans (after the insane amounts of abuse they gave him 3 years ago) is as professional as it gets.

Good on ya, Alan!
USVillan

Alan Hutton 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Need to add my appreciation of how he has handled himself, been a true professional. I hope he know grasps the opportunity with both hands
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Alan Hutton 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:26 pm

I agree with everyone, he's certainly hushed his critics up (including myself).
Green Villan
Green Villan

Alan Hutton 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Reminds me of the attitude shown in this week's episode of Commando yet the biggest test is yet to come for Hutton when the season starts.

One thing he will bring to the team though is a lot more grit and a bit of nastyness which we have missed and maybe that will rub off on some of our other players?

Over the last two seasons all over the park we've just been too nice so taking bets how long it will take against Stoke before Hutton receives his first booking?
Morpheus
Morpheus

Alan Hutton 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:49 pm

Probably during the warm up.
Trotters
Trotters

Alan Hutton 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:47 am

Hands up...who EVER expected to see this?

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/lionel-messi-and-cristiano-ronaldo-in-european-team-of-the-week-after-hat-tricks-155628836.html

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in European Team of the Week after hat-tricks

The two superstars were joined by two unexpected names from the Premier League.
Dec 8, 2014 15:56

Hat-trick heroes Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi were unsurprisingly named in Opta’s European Team of the Week, but they were joined by two Aston Villa defenders.

After Ronaldo put three goals past Celta Vigo on Saturday night, reaching 200 Liga goals in the process, Messi was not to be outdone just 24 hours later?

The Barcelona superstar grabbed a treble of his own in a 5-1 win over local rivals Espanyol.

Including friendlies, the first of his strikes on the night was his 400th for Barcelona – but who counts friendlies?

What was significant, though, was that it was his third hat-trick in four games.

Three of Messi’s team-mates also made Opta’s selection with Xavi, Jordi Alba and Gerard Pique all included for their role in the Catalan derby.

A Midlands derby also saw two unexpected names from the Premier League make the XI with Alan Hutton and Ciaran Clark representing Aston Villa.

Both scored in a derby win over Leicester City to justify their place alongside Alba and Pique in a rather bizarre-looking defence.

Alan Hutton Image61

Trotters
Trotters

Alan Hutton 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:48 am

That's... awesome!
kimbo
kimbo

Alan Hutton 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:32 am

Well deserved! Great turn around in form and fortunes. Love the guy right now
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Alan Hutton 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:18 am

Mr_Spadge wrote:I really hope he turns in some great performances...  Great professional attitude to behave like this after the way he's been treated.  Not the best right back in the world, but hope he can be solid...

Time for me to eat my words. Can't believe I ever thought Hutton wasn't the best right back in the world. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mr_Spadge

Alan Hutton 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Hutton from Zero to Hero either than I thought he was a scapegoat under AM's reign!
avfc85
avfc85

Alan Hutton 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:58 pm

avfc85 wrote:Hutton from Zero to Hero either than I thought he was a scapegoat under AM's reign!

He was and I said it from day one and was met with the usual "no it's not because he's a McLeish signing" bile.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Alan Hutton 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum