The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa press

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Villa press - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa press

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Birmingham Mail: Tom Cleverley has completed a move to Aston Villa on loan until January. The 25-year-old joins from Manchester United after the Premier League finally approved the transfer this afternoon. Villa will be able to turn the deal into a permanent one in January with an £7.5m fee already agreed with United. The Red Devils also have the option to recall him in the New Year.

Express and Star: Aston Villa have finally managed to snap up Tom Cleverley on loan from Manchester United.

Manchester Evening News: Tom Cleverley has moved to Aston Villa on loan for the rest of the reason after the deal was given the green light by the Premier League. The midfielder looked set to stay at Old Trafford until at least January after proposed deadline day moves to Villa, Hull and Everton fell through. Villa were hopeful of signing Cleverley in a permanent £8m deal. But they appeared to end their interest on Monday before returning with a late loan bid.

Daily Mirror: The Premier League have ratified Tom Cleverley's loan move to Aston Villa. Villa made a last-gasp bid to sign the Manchester United midfielder on deadline day - but did not complete the deal before 11pm. They asked the Premier League to approve the move because the transfer was well advanced. And it has today been confirmed with Cleverley moving to Villa Park until the end of the season.

ESPN: Aston Villa have completed the loan signing of Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley after the Premier League ratified the transfer. The deal, which was announced 17 hours after the transfer window officially closed, appears likely to end the midfielder's United career as he has entered the final year of his contract at Old Trafford, although Sky Sports News reports that both parties have the option to cut the loan agreement short.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Birmingham Mail: Tom Cleverley is a Villa man after the Premier League finally approved his transfer from Manchester United. The 25-year-old has signed on loan until January and Villa will then have the option of making the move permanent after agreeing a fee, believed to be £8 million.

Birmingham Mail: Brad Guzan is the new USA No.1 and that's the way he intends it to stay. With Everton's Tim Howard announcing a year-long break from international football, the Villa man has been promoted by Jurgen Kilnsmann to first-choice goalkeeper.

The Sun: Tom Cleverley made a frantic personal call to Paul Lambert as the clock ticked down on Monday's transfer deadline - pleading to let him join Aston Villa.

Guardian: Tom Cleverley has been granted a season-long loan move to Aston Villa a day after the transfer deadline ended, despite the requisite paperwork being filed later than the two-hour deadline granted by the Premier League.

Daily Telegraph: Tom Cleverley completed a loan move to Aston Villa yesterday after Paul Lambert's late bid was agreed by the Premier League more than 16 hours after the transfer deadline. Cleverley, the Manchester United midfielder, has signed a season-long deal at Villa with the option of a permanent £7.5million move in January, following a remarkable 24 hours of frantic negotiations.

Sky Sports: Tom Cleverley is hoping his loan move to Aston Villa will boost his prospects of reclaiming his place in the England squad. The Premier League approved Cleverley's move from Manchester United on Tuesday after Villa had been unable to agree a permanent deal on deadline day. Cleverley is looking forward to his opportunity at Villa Park after suffering a dip in form over the past 12 months which cost him a place in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Hahahahaha! The Sun. What absolute shit they spout.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa press - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Trotters wrote:Hahahahaha! The Sun. What absolute shit they spout.
They were spot on. For once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:55 am

ClubCall: Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph insists he is enjoying his experience after being called up to the England senior squad this week. Delph has been included in Roy Hodgson's squad for the first time as the Three Lions boss looks to rebuild the squad following the retirement of some of the older players. The former Leeds man has been a mainstay in the Villa midfield for the past two seasons and admitted it was nice to finally get some recognition at international level.

Irish Examiner: Tom Cleverley has revealed the prospect of working with Roy Keane played a key part in his decision to join Aston Villa from Manchester United. The midfielder moved to Villa Park on a season-long loan from United after the Premier League sanctioned the deal.

Irish Herald: Shay Given believes that Aston Villa team-mate Jack Grealish has the ability to go on and win 100 caps - the Donegal man just prays that it happens in the green shirt of Ireland and not the white kit of England.

Guardian: Tom Cleverley hopes to play his way back into the England team following his move to Aston Villa on a season-long loan from Manchester United, a deal completed a day after the transfer window closed. The 25-year-old, whose loan was approved by the Premier League 16 hours after the transfer window shut on Monday, was omitted from the most recent England squad for Wednesday's friendly against Norway and the Euro 2016 qualifier against Switzerland.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:34 am

Irish Times: Shay Given is unlikely to have had a quieter halves in the 125 caps he amassed prior to last night's return to the international stage against Oman. The Donegal man had one save to make in those 45 minutes, there wasn't much to get the blood up, but he was clearly happy with his decision to reverse his retirement plans. "You could probably have played in goals," he told one reporter afterwards. "It was very quiet obviously, very little to do. I had more to do in the warm up. It was probably more about preparing for the mental side of the game again - coming here to the Aviva and rolling out playing for Ireland again. "It's a special thing to play for your country and it was nice to pull the jersey back on again."

Independent: Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill is remaining coy over Shay Given's chances of starting the opening Euro 2016 qualifier in Georgia on Sunday. The 38-year-old, who retired from international football after the Euro 2012 finals, won his 126th senior cap in Wednesday night's 2-0 friendly victory over Oman after returning to the fold. However, he will have to wait to see if O'Neill will retain him in Tbilisi at the weekend or stick with David Forde, who has been his first-choice goalkeeper to date.

Irish Independent: Having made his return to the international fold in Ireland's 2-0 win over Oman last night, Shay Given is ready to start in Sunday's Euro 2016 qualifier against Georgia. Given played the opening 45 minutes of Ireland's routine friendly win and despite being second-choice goalkeeper at Aston Villa, he is adamant that he is prepared to answer Martin O'Neill's call, should it come this weekend. "I'm ready of course - as we all are," Given said. "We played a lot of players who haven't had enough game time with their clubs, so trying to get their fitness levels up was important. "I would imagine that a lot of the lads who will start on Sunday were on the bench tonight. It's nice to get a win, of course we'll take confidence from that and the clean sheet. But there's obviously bigger tests ahead."

Daily Mail: Aston Villa striker Andreas Weimann has vowed to win his Austria place back after being axed for the first time in two years. The striker has been dropped for their opening Euro 2016 qualifier with Sweden on Monday. Coach Marcel Koller opted to give 1860 Munich striker Rubin Okotie his first call-up in five years and leave Weimann at home. But the 23-year-old, who scored his second of the season in Villa's 2-1 Barclays Premier League win over Hull last weekend, insists he will work to reclaim his spot.

Birmingham Mail: Kieran Richardson is enjoying working under Roy Keane again after admitting that the Irishman saved his career from spiralling out of control. The Aston Villa left-back signed for his former Manchester United captain when he was in charge at Sunderland but injuries soon hampered his development. Richardson became sluggish and put on weight until a motivational speech from Keane made him realise that he needed to shape up. Since then the 29-year-old has enjoyed a good run of form and working with the Villa assistant boss again has reminded him not to let standards slip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Sky Sports: Fabian Delph has revealed how he battled back from an injury nightmare to earn his England debut at Wembley on Wednesday night. The Aston Villa winger's fine early season form was rewarded with a senior call-up and he came off the bench in the second half of the 1-0 win over Norway on Wednesday. But Delph held little hope of an England call-up after a lengthy absence due to a knee injury, with the promising youngster unable to force his way back into Villa's first team.

The Guardian: Fabian Delph said he was delighted to complete his journey back from long-term injury to become an England international on Wednesday night. Roy Hodgson brought the Aston Villa midfielder on from the bench to give him his debut in the nervy 1-0 win over Norway. The England manager called Delph into the squad for the first time last week after he enjoyed a successful two-year run in the Aston Villa first team. But before that the former Leeds United player had struggled to regain his form and fitness following cruciate knee ligament damage, which kept him out of action for almost nine months.

Birmingham Mail: Fabian Delph became Aston Villa's 72nd England international when he made his debut for Roy Hodgson's team in Wednesday night's friendly victory over Norway. Villa have, in fact, provided more players to the national team than any other with Delph joining an illustrious list following his arrival as a 69th minute substitute.

Daily Mail: Fabian Delph's international debut means Aston Villa have produced more England internationals than any other club. Delph became the 72nd Villa player to be capped by England when he replaced Jack Wilshere in the 70th minute of Roy Hodgson's side's 1-0 win over Norway. Despite not having an English player capped since Darren Bent and Stewart Downing's respective call-ups in 2011, Villa lead the way with the most English internationals, closely followed by Liverpool who have had 68 players represent the Three Lions. James Milner - who also featured against Norway - appeared for England 12 times during his spell at Villa. However, Villa's most capped player at senior level is former England U21 boss Gareth Southgate who amassed 57 appearances between 1995 and 2004, scoring twice.

Express and Star: Aston Villa player-coach Shay Given has urged youngster Jack Grealish to reject England and pledge his allegiance to the Republic of Ireland. Grealish, who has been capped by Ireland at under-21 level, is undecided about his full international future and could still opt to hold out for an England call-up. But 38-year-old goalkeeper Given hopes the young Birmingham-born midfielder will reject the switch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm proud of the Villa/England contribution. Would hate to lose it to Liverpool.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:16 am

Express and Star: Aston Villa striker Callum Robinson is hoping to put himself in the shop window on his England U20 debut at AFC Telford United. The teenager's first opportunity to play for the age group comes at the New Bucks Head tonight, the game against Romania boss Aidy Boothroyd's first in charge. The 19-year-old Northampton lad, who is based in Sutton Coldfield, made his Villa debut in the Capital One Cup last season and made another four Premier League appearances. But Robinson has yet to feature for Paul Lambert's side this season and is hoping to impress his club manager - along with the scouts in attendance for a potential loan move.

Birmingham Mail: Fabian Delph was delighted to complete his journey from crock to England international. Delph's dreams came true when Roy Hodgson brought him off the bench to give him his debut in Wednesday's nervy 1-0 win over Norway at Wembley. The England manager called Delph into the squad for the first time last week after he enjoyed a successful two-year run in the Villa first team. But before that, the midfielder struggled to regain his form and fitness following cruciate knee ligament damage, which kept him out of action for almost nine months.

Daily Star: Fabian Delph claims spirits are high in the England team despite a dismal World Cup and a lack of support from the fans. England limped grimly to victory over Norway in front of the lowest crowd ever to watch them at the new Wembley on Wednesday. But new-boy Delph loved every minute of it on his debut as a late substitute, and insists nobody is downcast in the dressing room.

Birmingham Mail: Villa's senior stars reckon new-kid-on-the-block Jack Grealish is fast becoming the real deal. The 18-year-old is streets ahead of any other teenager at the club and is already pushing for a Premier League start. Grealish is now firmly part of the first team having featured in three of Villa's four fixtures this term. And his older and more experienced team-mates believe he has what it takes to succeed. Andreas Weimann, a Bodymoor Heath Academy graduate himself, said: "I think he's a really good footballer. In pre-season he has been heavily involved with us and he has done really well."

Daily Express: Aston Villa midfielder Kieran Richardson has revealed how Roy Keane weighed in to rescue his career. Richardson, 29, signed for Villa in the summer to link up once more with Keane, who is assistant manager at Villa Park. The two worked together at Sunderland in 2007-2008 when Richardson sustained a back injury that led to him piling on the pounds. But a heart-to-heart with Keane helped him get back on track.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is eager to agree a new long-term deal with Fabian Delph after the midfielder's impressive England debut.

The midfielder - Villa's player of the year last season - made a solid substitute's appearance in last week's friendly win over Norway at Wembley before continuing to impress in the European qualifier in Switzerland.

"I didn't see his first appearance against Norway because I was away watching a game myself," said Lambert. "But I saw his full debut against Switzerland and I thought he grew into the game and was excellent. As the game went on he was great.

"If you perform like that, then hopefully when the next squad is announced he'll be back in it again.

"He's been playing well for me for the last few years, so it's not something that has surprised me. I've always said that he wouldn't let anybody down and I'm delighted for him for the way he played."

Delph has one year left on his current deal and Lambert added: "There a few players who are going to be out of contract, to be honest, and we'll try to get around to talking to them. I spoke to Fabian early doors and we'll see how it goes.

"We've just got a new chief executive in (Tom Fox) which I'm certain will help. I'm pretty sure we'll sit down with Fabian. I'm not worried. When players get into the last year of their contract, it is what it is.

"It's not any great issue. Conversations will go on. I met Tom the other day, he's a really good guy and I'm pretty sure things will start to happen pretty soon."

Villa sit third in the table after an unbeaten start and Lambert takes his side to face Liverpool on Saturday night full of confidence.

"This is a really healthy place at the moment," he said. "The season's started well and we'll go to Anfield with confidence.

"Liverpool lost Luis Suarez, yes, but they strengthened over the summer and brought in a lot of good players to be prepared for competing in various competitions, including the Champions League so we know it won't be easy."

http://www.teamtalk.com/aston-villa/9466242/-
Green Villan
Green Villan

Villa press - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:29 pm

"...we'll try to get around to talking to them"

What the actual fuck?  I hope that's a mumble mis-translation and what he really said was "obviously we are really keen to keep our most valued players and we'll do everything we can to ensure their futures are with this great club....that's a really healthy place (whatever the fuck that means)".

Last edited by Trotters on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Trotters wrote:"...we'll try to get around to talking to them"

What the actual fuck?  I hope that's a mumble mis-translation and what he really said was "obviously we are really keen to keep our most valued players and we'll do everything we can to ensure their futures are with this great club....that's a really healthy place (whatever the fuck that means)".

Lol I just put it down to his mumbles, I feel a lot more confident with Delph signing a new deal with Fox doing the dealings instead of Faulkner.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Green Villan wrote:

Lol I just put it down to his mumbles, I feel a lot more confident with Delph signing a new deal with Fox doing the dealings instead of Faulkner.

Same here, i think Tom Foxes 1st priorities were to get all contract signed, Gabby's is done and if rumours are to be believed Grealish will follow suite, so then maybe Delph and Vlaar won't be long behind, also how long does Hutton have left, cos if he keeps up his perfromances for rest of season i'd sign him back up, Gotta give the lad credit, treated like crap for 2 season's and just rolled his sleeves up and got on with it, plenty of other players out there that would refuse to play or cause trouble. Also loved how he let Balotelli know he was there today Very Happy
CoE82
CoE82

Villa press - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:28 pm

CoE82 wrote:
Green Villan wrote:

Same here, i think Tom Foxes 1st priorities were to get all contract signed, Gabby's is done and if rumours are to be believed Grealish will follow suite, so then maybe Delph and Vlaar won't be long behind, also how long does Hutton have left, cos if he keeps up his performances for rest of season I'd sign him back up, Gotta give the lad credit, treated like crap for 2 season's and just rolled his sleeves up and got on with it, plenty of other players out there that would refuse to play or cause trouble. Also loved how he let Balotelli know he was there today Very Happy

I suspected the only reasons that Hutton got grief from fans was because he was surplus to requirements at spurs and a McLeish signing, I actually thought he was pretty decent for us when he played, couldn't get my head round why he got dropped to train with the kids but hopefully he instilled a bit of fight in our young defenders while he was there and last of all even when dropped Hutton never slagged the club or fans off, he kicked on and the only thing he said was he was disappointed that he wasn't in the 1st team.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Birmingham Mail: Paul Lambert insists it's far too early to start celebrating, despite Villa's fine start to the season. The Scot has guided his side to second place in the Premier League after the win over Liverpool extended their unbeaten run to four games. Astute business in the transfer market has helped improve the squad and it's expected that star man Christian Benteke will return to training today.

Birmingham Mail: Paul Lambert accepted the plaudits for his tactical masterclass at Anfield but stressed it would not have been possible with another group of players. He explained that while he may have found the right formula to see off Liverpool in their own backyard, his well worked system would have fallen face down had it not been for the energy of his inform performers. Inbetween his post-match celebrations, Lambert also thanked owner Randy Lerner for his help in the recent transfer market where he was able to bring in six new recruits.

The Guardian: Their fans sang of winning the league but Gabriel Agbonlahor refused to make predictions for Aston Villa. His reticence was understandable having witnessed several false dawns at Anfield but something more impressive than the dishevelled beards of Paul Lambert and Roy Keane is evidently growing at Villa. As the victorious manager put it: "They have become men".

Daily Mail: Aston Villa fans has been handed a boost by the news that star striker Christian Benteke is set to return to action before the end of the month. Benteke has been out of action for five months with an Achilles tendon injury, but personal physio Lieven Maesschalk revealed the Belgian will be back sooner rather than later. Maesschalk told Sporza: 'Over the past five months, Christian worked very hard. His rehabilitation was done in phases.'

Birmingham Mail Online: Aston Villa legend John Carew has predicted the team could battle for a Champions League spot after their sensational start to the season. The Holte End favourite was amongst a host of claret and blue stars to take to Twitter with words of praise after the side's stunning 1-0 victory over Liverpool at Anfield. The victory takes Villa to a heady second in the Premier League and Paul Lambert's men are now undefeated after four games. After the Liverpool match, Norwegian Carew tweeted to his 62,000 follows: "My Villans on fire. Champions League next season Very Happy"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:05 pm

The Sun: Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke is back in training for the first time in five months. Villa are unbeaten after four league games and sit second in the table after their 1-0 win at Liverpool on Saturday. Now Benteke, 23, has ended his injury hell and will return to the side in the next few weeks. Villa boss Paul Lambert said: "I'm delighted to get Christian back to fitness so quickly."

Daily Mirror: Christian Benteke has added to the feelgood factor at Aston Villa after returning to full training. Unbeaten Villa are flying high in the Premier League in second place after a stunning win at Liverpool. Benteke, Villa's top scorer for the past two seasons, has not played since April. He missed the World Cup for Belgium and has he has been sidelined for five months. But he returned to training yesterday with Villa's first team.

Daily Star: Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has warned striker Christian Benteke not to run before he can walk. Benteke has defied the medics by targeting a Villa return within three weeks - after five months out with a ruptured achilles. Lambert couldn't be happier to get his ace marksman back, especially with Villa in second spot after a great start. The Villa boss said: "Christian had a light session and obviously we will be monitoring him as we continue to build him up towards a return to the team."

The Times: Christian Benteke, the Aston Villa forward, has moved a step closer to making a comeback after returning to training. The Belgian has been sidelined for the past five months after rupturing his achilles in training and missed the World Cup as a result of the injury.

Daily Express: Aston Villa's Belgian striker Christian Benteke is close to a comeback after five months out with a ruptured achilles which forced him to miss the World Cup. "Hopefully, with no effects, he will train again today," said boss Paul Lambert.

Clubcall: Paul Lambert has confirmed that Christian Benteke is back in training and he hopes to have him in the Aston Villa first team soon. The Villa chief has been without the Belgium international striker since April after he picked up an achilles tendon injury. His absence almost proved costly at the end of last season when Villa just scraped over the line to ensure their Premier League safety. However, the side have enjoyed a fantastic start to this new campaign with three wins and a draw from their opening four matches as Gabby Agbonlahor and Andreas Weimann have each scored two goals to date, while Darren Bent has also been handed a fresh chance to shine for the club. But the imminent return of Benteke, who scored 23 goals in his first season at Villa Park before hitting 11 in an injury-hit campaign last term, will only add to the feel-good factor at the club.

Birmingham Mail: Gabby Agbonlahor has given his most honest and accurate assessment of his time at Villa. After a flying start to his tenth Premier League season, the Holte End hero reveals his frustration at not scoring more goals for the club, why his performances might have suffered at times and how he would never give less than 100% for the club he loves.

Birmingham Mail: Paul Lambert admits Ashley Westwood has had to take his game to a new level this season. The midfielder faces intense competition but has so far reacted with renewed fight and passion to keep his place. His early-season form is keeping Carlos Sanchez out of the team and boss Lambert believes he is fast becoming the claret and blues' unsung hero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:37 pm

Sorry chaps - since the new iOS 8 update I am unable to copy and paste on the forum and post press news - hopefully there will be a fix on the next update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum