The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bomb squad - Yay or Nay

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bomb Squad - Yay or Nay ?

Bomb squad - Yay or Nay I_vote_lcap83%Bomb squad - Yay or Nay I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 10 ]
Bomb squad - Yay or Nay I_vote_lcap17%Bomb squad - Yay or Nay I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Bomb squad - Yay or Nay Empty Bomb squad - Yay or Nay

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Personally i wouldn't want any of em near the squad but as they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. So Bomb Squad players coming back into the squad - Yay or Nay ?
bruka

Bomb squad - Yay or Nay 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Bomb squad - Yay or Nay Empty Re: Bomb squad - Yay or Nay

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Hutton , nzogbia and bent would all start in my 11 at stoke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Zoggy and Bent I never wanted out of the squad!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Bomb squad - Yay or Nay 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:26 pm

If we dont play them then we cant sell them, and is there any economic reasoning in not utilising something you pay for every week?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Bomb squad - Yay or Nay 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Cheers Eastie ! N'Zogbia is the only one i would consider. I think Bent is past it (Lamberts doing of course) and doesn't do enough for the team when he plays - also if he couldn't play for Fulham who got relegated then that tells you something. I can't stand Hutton and think he is a disruptive influence and also a REALLY crap player. Shay i like but he wasn't the same player when he came back from Euro 2012 and i think young Jed should be brought through more as Guzans eventual replacement.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:29 pm

My Old Man wrote:If we dont play them then we cant sell them, and is there any economic reasoning in not utilising something you pay for every week?

That's not true, we could have sold Hutton to the Baggies but Lambert "Didn't want to sell him to a rival" WTF ??? Selling him to them would have been sabotage on their squad and we didn't do it !
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:33 pm

bruka wrote:
My Old Man wrote:If we dont play them then we cant sell them, and is there any economic reasoning in not utilising something you pay for every week?

That's not true, we could have sold Hutton to the Baggies but Lambert "Didn't want to sell him to a rival" WTF ??? Selling him to them would have been sabotage on their squad and we didn't do it !

I think he did it out of spite. I reckon there was an occasion where Hutton refused to go out on loan which pissed Lambert off and this was payback. Its just me guessing here, so no actual facts to that theory!

Last edited by My Old Man on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Desperate Villan Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Better than a majority of the squad at our disposal, have not done anything wrong just kept their heads down and done as instructed, not sure there is a question???
Desperate Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Hutton on form is a better right back than Lowton or bacuna , bent is better up front than gabby or Weimann and nzogbia has the flair we lack .

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Desperate Villan wrote:Better than a majority of the squad at our disposal, have not done anything wrong just kept their heads down and done as instructed, not sure there is a question???

Hutton and Bent have both publically criticised the manager and the club so no they haven't "Just kept their heads down and done as instructed"
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Eastie wrote:Hutton on form is a better right back than Lowton or bacuna , bent is better up front than gabby or Weimann and nzogbia has the flair we lack .

Don't agree that Hutton is a better player than Lowton when Lowton is getting regular football and being better than Gabby or Weimann isn't really saying much is it ? Besides i think Bents goal return this season will probs match Weimanns from last so i'd say they're on a par.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Bent will put more away than Weimann for me , he would be my choice while Kozak and benteke are out.
Lowton has lost his way badly and was a real disappointment last season - I'd give Hutton the shirt and see how he does - if we go with wing backs Hutton is very useful.

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Eastie wrote:Bent will put more away than Weimann for me , he would be my choice while Kozak and benteke are out.

Would you play Bent when they're fit ? I'd like to see Robinson given a chance, couldn't be any worse than Gabby but it doesn't look like it's going to happen this season.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:52 pm

When fit benteke and Kozak would both be ahead of Bent - he is a finisher and nothing more , but a better one than gabby or Weimann.

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Dunno whether i would play them both at the same time - i don't think we have the wingers for it - would play a pacey player up fron with either and use the other as an impact sub (Read use Kozak as an impact sub)
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Benteke up front and cole in the hole and nzogbia given a free role - a quality holding midfielder is needed though.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Lets not forget how good Hutton was when we were playing him Embarassed 

Bacuna for me, and using his performance against Chelsea as proof, has the potential to be a very good attacking fullback.

Bent does not have the work rate which is needed with the system Lambert likes. As an impact sub, then yeah.

Zoggy is to good to be leaving out anyway. Even when he is struggling, he has the capability of doing something that can turn a game around.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:06 pm

Thats true although where we'll get one from is anyones guess - Don't think Westwood is good enough to play the holding role and i don't think Delph could be persuaded to stay back.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:11 pm

My Old Man wrote:Lets not forget how good Hutton was when we were playing him Embarassed 

Bacuna for me, and using his performance against Chelsea as proof, has the potential to be a very good attacking fullback.

Bent does not have the work rate which is needed with the system Lambert likes. As an impact sub, then yeah.

Zoggy is to good to be leaving out anyway. Even when he is struggling, he has the capability of doing something that can turn a game around.

Bacuna for me is not a right back - right sided midfielder but would be on the bench - although the beauty of football is opinions .
This is how id line up at stoke

Guzan

Hutton Senderos Vlaar okore. Richardson

New signing

Nzogbia. Cole. Delph

Bent

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:17 pm

Swap Hutton for Lowton and Weimann for Bent and i'd agree (I know, i know Weimann's crap but so is Bent and Andi's work rate is (marginally) higher)
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Desperate Villan Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:23 pm

So what did Hutton & Bent say that was so bad???

Surely they are entitled to be a little miffed with the way they were treated???
Desperate Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Well Hutton said he "would never play for Aston Villa again" and made some rather disparaging remarks about the manager - I don't agree that he is entitled to do that, he was dropped for playing crap - footballers do get dropped when they play crap. He should have worked his arse off to get back into the team rather than having a tantrum in the press. Same goes for Bent and his "Horrible time at Villa"
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:32 pm

You think it's a good idea to have a player who has publically slagged off the manager in the media (more than once in Huttons case) around the young players in the squad ?
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:45 pm

bruka wrote:Well Hutton said he "would never play for Aston Villa again" and made some rather disparaging remarks about the manager - I don't agree that he is entitled to do that, he was dropped for playing crap -  footballers do get dropped when they play crap. He should have worked his arse off to get back into the team rather than having a tantrum in the press. Same goes for Bent and his "Horrible time at Villa"

Hutton has not played for him  during lamberts 2 years in charge , he , along with several others were bombed out and if lambert says it was on lerners instruction then he is as weak as piss - what other manager would let a chairman tell him who to pick.

Also lambert has described Huttons conduct in his time out as exemplary .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Fresh start for all - give the bomb squad a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum