The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Failed Academy Players

3 posters

Go down

Failed Academy Players Empty Failed Academy Players

Post by mickeywya Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:10 pm

Theres been a few players (more than a few actually) that have come through our youth system and have never made it with us.

Who are the players that you thought was going to make it but were disappointed that they didn't?
mickeywya

Failed Academy Players 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Failed Academy Players Empty Re: Failed Academy Players

Post by mickeywya Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:16 pm

The main one for me has to be Nathan Delfounso. I thought he was going to be brilliant when he first appeared and he didn't do too bad when he played for us in his first season or so. But he hasn't played for us since and has had a few failed loans too.

I also thought Osborne was going to make it, billed the next Patrick Vieira but again, just didn't work for him.

The Moore brothers were also a disappointment for me, always liked the thought of two brothers from birmingham being our front line for the next 5 years but wasn't meant to be.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornso Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:45 am

mickeywya wrote:
I also thought Osborne was going to make it, billed the next Patrick Vieira but again, just didn't work for him.

There's one I had completely forgotten about.
Hornso
Hornso

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotterdam82 Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:22 am

Michael Standing - I believe Sid himself said he is the closest he's seen to the complete midfielder.

Hard to believe the only reason we signed Gareth Barry was as a makeweight in the deal to sign Standing!
Rotterdam82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:43 am

Rotterdam82 wrote:Michael Standing - I believe Sid himself said he is the closest he's seen to the complete midfielder.

Hard to believe the only reason we signed Gareth Barry was as a makeweight in the deal to sign Standing!

Unbelievable isn't it?

Though to be honest, this is something that we should always keep in mind when dealing with young players. It's often not the ones with the ability who will make it, but those with the right attitude and determination. Not saying Standing had a bad attitude or anything, who knows, just that Barry somehow had something about him that meant he was built to last.

And sometimes a player will only come good around 24/25. That was certainly the case with Richard Dunne. In his early 20s he was seen as clumsy, overweight and probe to errors. Then almost overnight he became one of the best defenders in the Premiership and had a great international career. That's why I still think Clark will make a better player than Baker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum