The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Dressing Room Bust up

+5
deadbuzzardalive
Dazzle
Dions_Bald_Head
The Utterer
smetro
9 posters

Go down

Dressing Room Bust up  Empty Dressing Room Bust up

Post by smetro Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Apparently there was a major bust up in the dressing room at half time V leeds. Smith layed into the players big time - but it seemed to back fire as some of the senior pro's shouted smith down - and the feeling amongst the dressing room was that what was said was a step to far - considering they will 2-0 up. It would seem that some players haven't forgiven smith and blame him for the 2nd half collapse.

Storm in a teacup ? maybe and of course the players don't have to like the manager. Surprising as I don't have smith down as a shouter.

Although the way he went for the ref and blasted the leeds celebrations did seem a little odd at the time.
smetro
smetro

Dressing Room Bust up  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Dressing Room Bust up  Empty Re: Dressing Room Bust up

Post by The Utterer Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:27 am

Oh goodness me! So that may explain the rubbish form since that 1st half against Leeds maybe? After all we have seemed like a different team since then and the attacking "loads of goals" style seems to have vanished. Although how much of that is down to Grealish and Tuanzebe getting injured i guess we'll never know now lol!

Where did you hear this Smetro?
The Utterer
The Utterer

Dressing Room Bust up  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:46 am

The Utterer wrote:Oh goodness me! So that may explain the rubbish form since that 1st half against Leeds maybe? After all we have seemed like a different team since then and the attacking "loads of goals" style seems to have vanished. Although how much of that is down to Grealish and Tuanzebe getting injured i guess we'll never know now lol!

Where did you hear this Smetro?

Sworn to secrecy im afraid.

Part of the reason I believe it - is that Smith post match comments he had a dig at leeds fans celebrations which seemed very odd - they were 2-0 down and scored the winner 3-2 in injury time - any supporters in the country would go wild ?

Now I might be reading to much into things - but did you see the goal celebrations v Preston ? - very muted - most of the team just chugged back to the half way line - with Hutton and I think I other congratulating TA. - It seemed most odd.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Bloody hell - is this because things were going too smoothly.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Dressing Room Bust up  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:31 pm

One or two things don’t really add up in that story. Firstly I’d say we came out in the 2nd half and were playing better than in the 1st half, more on the front foot and better possession. It was individual mistakes from Elmohamady that let Leeds back into the game. Secondly Smith’s post match comments were no different than what you’d expect any other manager to splutter out after losing deep into added time following another individual error. I seem to remember Smith saying something along the lines of the Leeds bench and supporters celebrating like they’d won the league, which is definitely the type of comment I could imagine Ferguson saying if he’d lost a game in a similar manner. Finally, the same set of players turned up at Swansea and won 1-0.
Our form and goal scoring drop off can be directly attributable to an injury list that contains Tuanzebe, Grealish, Taylor, Adomah, Lansbury etc. We simply aren’t the same flowing team with those players out of the side and Glenn Whelan in it! The Christmas period is when you need a fully fit squad to be able to rotate, we’ve had the exact opposite and to be honest we’re looking a little jaded. I’m expecting another sticky game against QPR because of the aforementioned reasons. We somehow have to battle through & get any type of win against QPR to then give ourselves a bit of recovery time until the next league match. Hopefully we might have an extra body or two in as well.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:47 pm

If there's any truth whatsoever to this story I'll eat my hat, and I haven't even got an hat.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:56 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:If there's any truth whatsoever to this story I'll eat my hat, and I haven't even got an hat.

I tend to agree with that DBA
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:11 pm

Dazzle wrote:One or two things don’t really add up in that story. Firstly I’d say we came out in the 2nd half and were playing better than in the 1st half, more on the front foot and better possession. It was individual mistakes from Elmohamady that let Leeds back into the game. Secondly Smith’s post match comments were no different than what you’d expect any other manager to splutter out after losing deep into added time following another individual error. I seem to remember Smith saying something along the lines of the Leeds bench and supporters celebrating like they’d won the league, which is definitely the type of comment I could imagine Ferguson saying if he’d lost a game in a similar manner. Finally, the same set of players turned up at Swansea and won 1-0.
Our form and goal scoring drop off can be directly attributable to an injury list that contains Tuanzebe, Grealish, Taylor, Adomah, Lansbury etc. We simply aren’t the same flowing team with those players out of the side and Glenn Whelan in it! The Christmas period is when you need a fully fit squad to be able to rotate, we’ve had the exact opposite and to be honest we’re looking a little jaded. I’m expecting another sticky game against QPR because of the aforementioned reasons. We somehow have to battle through & get any type of win against QPR to then give ourselves a bit of recovery time until the next league match. Hopefully we might have an extra body or two in as well.

This is where I am. We should really have had De Laet at RB but with Hutton covering Taylor we're screwed in defence. Actually, in the last two matches we haven't had anyone in their correct position across the back four. Now Elphick is back I wonder if we'll see Bree at RB?

I'm all for Whelan's effort but he's just not right for a full match and needs sorting ASAP. A 25-year-old Whelan in that position would be superb, here's to this month.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:54 pm

If try, we would find out very shortly, some players would be moved out, DS cannot lose the dressing room, lots of pressure on him at the moment with all the injuries, we just need to see what happens. Today's match will be interesting with the team he picks, UTV.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Coincidence ? or more fuel to the fire...with TA reportedly asking for his loan to be terminated
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:56 pm

smetro wrote:Coincidence ? or more fuel to the fire...with TA reportedly asking for his loan to be terminated

Reportedly. With no apparent evidence from either club or the striker himself.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:20 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
smetro wrote:Coincidence ? or more fuel to the fire...with TA reportedly asking for his loan to be terminated

Reportedly. With no apparent evidence from either club or the striker himself.

Indeed, let's just wait for some proof rather than hanging on the words of any Tom, Dick or "ITK" Harry, including the hacks in the papers and neighbours of the canteen staff at BMH.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:39 pm

The reporter who says that Abraham wants to leave, is the same reporter who broke the story that we're signing Kortney Hause, of course people were very dismissive of the Abraham story but not so much the Hause one... Lets hope he's not right about both.

To be honest, I really don't think we could complain if Abraham did want to leave, if he had a chance of Premier league football for the rest of the season, and that would be the reason for him leaving, not some so called bust up.

To be honest there's a part of me now that's thinking we're more than likely going to be in this division next season, so we to be playing with as many in the side as possible who will be with us next season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Rumours swirling now that JT and DS had heated words during todays game. I was there and didn't see this ? anyone else ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum