The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday

+4
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
VTID85
big ming
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday Empty Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Just seen the line-up.
OK. Riddle me this. Three weeks ago, Bruce was happy to let Adomah go to Middlesbrough on loan. Now he is a first choice starter over his new loanees. He wouldn't have even been here to select. WTF?
Is it because he wants him to mark Forestieri (suspended) out of the game.
Prat.
big ming

Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday Empty Re: Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Was El Ghazi a choice of Bruce's or like Moreira was it a signing that Bruce didn't want? I can't remember now. That might explain it, Bruce perhaps kicking back at "interference" with his real man's choices?

Anyway... UTV, pop another 3 points and 2 or 3 goals-to-the-good on the board please, third place is up for grabs today and we have to be masters of our own destiny, can't rely on every one around us getting poor results.
VTID85

Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday Empty Re: Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Insipid again so far. Meanwhile, the noses are 2 - 0 up at Leeds. Signs have been there for some time. Monk has got the noses at it.Reason is that he is a much better Coach than Bruce with much fewer resources.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Old Kodger just cannot make the ball stick whenever he needs to hold it up. McGinn caught out in midfield a couple of times giving them a breakaway.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Grealish non-commital, McGinn spinning his wheels, Kodjia and Abraham barely in the game, Jedinak back to his clumsy self. Fortunately Wednesday have troubled Nyland as little as we've troubled Dawson. The officiating is utter dogshit too.

The good news is hopefully we're 45mins closer to Bruce's departure.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm

After the Bruce team talk we will come out full of ideas, plus putting the boots on properly, ready to kick off.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Absolutely woeful performance, no urgency, can't keep the ball, can't create anything, almost feels like as a team we're not even that bothered, you'd think it was a friendly. We're lucky that Wednesday aren't that good, but even then they've still managed to be better than us.
deadbuzzardalive

Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:03 pm

On the whole, I'm not sure Wednesday have been better. It's a bang average (at best) display from everybody involved, both sides.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:12 pm

.... and there it is again. Goal down.Bruce being outclassed again by a superior tactician.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:16 pm

OH MY ABSOLUTE FUCKING McGrath !!!!!!!!!! MCGINNNNNNNNNNN!
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:17 pm

I now officially forgive McGinn for getting caught on the ball in the first half.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Defensively we are crap!
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Nyland is fucking horrific! Aaaaaargh.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:29 pm

1 -2. Bye bye Bruce.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:29 pm

I was just about to (sarcastically) praise what sounds like an impressive return to form for Jedi but they've just scored again. Bruce blamed the team for failing to defend as a whole in the lead up to Rotherham, how's he going to explain having to come from behind (at least) twice, at home, without a single shot on goal in the first half? Meh.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Notable that Sheffield Wednesday make attacking substitutions when they are winning.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Just fucking abject, dreadful, dreadful dirge.

Fuck off "Fake news" Bruce, just go now. Can't believe I'm still saying this after 100 games.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Match Thread - Villa v Seffield Wednesday 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Outfought and outclassed by a team who were better in every area of the pitch, set up by a TALENTED coach who made Bruce look like the dinosaur he is.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Indefensible. This is ALL on Bruce, no more "he's the man for the job" - any fan of this club who is still regurgitating that mantra is contributing to the continual ruination of Aston Villa.

John McGinn, I am so sorry. Your undeniable talent will rot and waste away under this absolute fraudster.

BRUCE OUT.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:12 pm

I'm not getting my hopes up that he'll get the sack after this, feel like I've seen it all before, and he always survives. Very frustrating.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:13 pm

VTID85 wrote:John McGinn, I am so sorry. Your undeniable talent will rot and waste away under this absolute fraudster.

Bearing in mind how much our squad cost to build, it's telling that the only three players we were expecting to sell under FFP were Grealish, Chester and Kodjia, with only Chester likely to go for a profit (although we didn't pay anything for Grealish).

That's a good turnaround for all the players bought in and managed by Bruce over his first two seasons.

Would it be fair to say we relied on individual brilliance and in general couldn't defend and couldn't attack? I can't wait to hear what Bruce has to say. I'm guessing he's going to have a pop at the players for not making any effort or doing what he told them to do and the fans for not being patient with him while he completely rebuilds the squad after the one he took to the playoff final was decimated in the summer. And how he's been promoted four times.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Whilst not the most conclusive barometer, the full-time result post on the official Facebook page has 230+ comments, of which it seems to be unanimously in support of BRUCE OUT. This is quite a significant shift from the usual "you fickle fans are part of the problem, name someone who is better that we can replace him with" arse-kissers.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Anticipating Bruce's post match comments:
"It was that Forestieri than done us" "Wor pulled our boots on and rolled wor sleeves up so that's my job done. "I don't do tactics"
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:22 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
VTID85 wrote:John McGinn, I am so sorry. Your undeniable talent will rot and waste away under this absolute fraudster.

Bearing in mind how much our squad cost to build, it's telling that the only three players we were expecting to sell under FFP were Grealish, Chester and Kodjia, with only Chester likely to go for a profit (although we didn't pay anything for Grealish).

That's a good turnaround for all the players bought in and managed by Bruce over his first two seasons.

Would it be fair to say we relied on individual brilliance and in general couldn't defend and couldn't attack? I can't wait to hear what Bruce has to say. I'm guessing he's going to have a pop at the players for not making any effort or doing what he told them to do and the fans for not being patient with him while he completely rebuilds the squad after the one he took to the playoff final was decimated in the summer. And how he's been promoted four times.

I'm not sure what we were relying on. It certainly wasn't any kind of tactical management or strategic planning.

Kodjia I think, despite his ability when he's on it, can be quite a negative force in the team - I know this won't be a popular statement but he he plays for himself and really needs to up his game. Having said that, this could well be down to the way he and the rest of the team are managed and until we see a manager who can set up a team to leverage the individual strengths and talent that we've got, I can't be too critical of any one individual. Even Jedinak - not his fault he's being picked over Tuanzebe, for example.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:34 pm

STEVE BRUCE: "I will stay with it, I'm never going to walk away from a challenge. Given time we'll have a very decent team, I'm convinced of that."
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum