The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa FC v Brentford FC

+5
De Kuip
VillaBill
FoxyAV
jeffvilla
Dazzle
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aston Villa FC v Brentford FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa FC v Brentford FC

Post by Dazzle Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Thank the lord for that get out of jail goal at the death, strike 2 against Bruce still stands as I don’t think the owners will be lifted by a face saving late leveller. Brentford produced the better chances, we produced the huff and puff for an hour.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Aston Villa FC v Brentford FC - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Two excellent goals from Kodjia.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa FC v Brentford FC - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:03 pm

The sooner Bruce has gone the better, this result does us no favors, means there's still a gap between us and the top two, but it's enough to keep the pressure of him for the time being... But two points against ten man Ipswich and then at home to Brentford is pathetic and not good enough, especially when it's to a large degree down to bad selections and tactics from Bruce... We're wasting another season with him in charge.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:11 pm

I'm seeing a lot of quotes like if we carry on playing like that we'll win plenty of games... We won't continue playing like that on anything like a regular basis, Bruce isn't going to suddenly change, we'll get the odd decent performance, but for the most part it will be Bruce's usuall brand of football.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:23 am

To be fair, it was a great game & although Brentford had the better chances second half, it was a game we didn’t deserve to lose, we bossed the game especially first half & this is with Jack a little off colour tonight.
Great to see the Kodg back in the goals again, really good match, enjoy it . UTV
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:08 am

I thought we played really well. What prevented us from likely going on to win it and concede fewer goals was for me not playing Tuanzebe at CB and De Laet at RB. Elmo worked hard and did well but if we have two new wingers coming in he's off, although knowing Bruce he'll appear at RB and Tuanzebe can sit on the bench. Whelan had a few wobbles but was ok, although as always I'd rather have someone with legs there. Tuanzebe maybe!

Still, two excellent goals from Kodjia. I really hope he's back and talk of another striker is as cover, not replacement.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:59 am

A decent performance at the end of the day. I still think our display was more about intensity and commitment rather than a measured and coherent display which I think Brentford produced. We were all about swinging crosses into the box from wide areas and, truth be told, didn’t really create any clear cut chances.Brentford had a bit of everything and created more clear chances, they soaked up a lot of pressure for an hour, did it well. Maupay should have been sent off, it’s incredible what referees don’t seem to see at this level, I assume there will be action taken against the player retrospectively as it was so clear.
I thought Grealish was off colour last night which was probably the difference between drawing and winning, and Green when he came on seemed completely out of sorts for some reason. Delighted that Kodjia seems back on track now and has his mojo back, I honestly thought we might have seen his best days but am thrilled to be wrong! Albert looked a different man last night, not sure why he was taken off unless he was knackered, which he didn’t look? All in all a decent performance given that when I saw the line up my heart sank. Brentford I expect to be right up there if they produce that level of football on a regular basis.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum