The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Unforgetable games

2 posters

Go down

Unforgetable games Empty Unforgetable games

Post by villa4ever52 Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Second leg first League Cup Final....climbing over the small rails from the Holte End and into the terracing of the old Witton Lane and into the stands. We watched the extra time from the seats.
Season 1959/60 the only home game I missed was the 11 (eleven) - 1 win against Charlton
Home v Liverpool in Div 2 We were 0 - 4 at half time and came back to draw 4 - 4
Home game v Liverpool we were 5 - 1 up at half time. I stood on the old Witton End that night with the Liverpool fans .They could not believe what was happening.
League Cup finals of 1977 Chris Nicholl's goal at Old Trafford
1982 Rotterdam. We went to the game just in case Villa did not get there again. Would love a repeat journey
Many other games but recently v Shamrock Rovers Aug 2013 Not for the game but Murray's Bar after the game. Wall to wall Claret and Blue in the pub. The craic was great
villa4ever52

Unforgetable games 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Unforgetable games Empty Re: Unforgetable games

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Some great memories there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Aye.

Welcome to TBAR, villa4ever52.

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:57 pm

I have been watching Villa since 1962/63 season and i have seen some great games over the years.Also seen some bloody awful one to.

As for unforgettable games,well two stand out for me. The one against Liverpool,where we were 5-1 up against probably the best team in Europe at the time and the other one was the 5-1 mauling of Small Heath a few seasons back
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:30 pm

pooligan wrote:I have been watching Villa since 1962/63 season and i have seen some great games over the years.Also seen some bloody awful one to.

As for unforgettable games,well two stand out for me. The one against Liverpool,where we were 5-1 up against probably the best team in Europe at the time and the other one was the 5-1 mauling of Small Heath a few seasons back

it's such a dreadful bloody shame there is no tv footage of that 5-1...History buffs like me crave that sort of thing.....Must be special to know you were there for what must go down as one of the great villa performances!

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Yes it is a shame that there is no tv footage of that game against Liverpool. I was lucky enough to be at the Witton End of the ground that night where Villa scored all their goals. I can still see the goals in my mind now.The other thing i remember about the game, was the Liverpool players blaming each other and arguing .Players like Ray Clemence,Emlyn Hughes,Alan Kennedy and Phil Thompson.
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:22 am

I was on the Holte End and remember discussing during the second half how Liverpool must have paid us to score no more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down