The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Bristol City match thread

+9
Dions_Bald_Head
UnclePanda
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
George
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
Saunders82
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa v Bristol City match thread

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 pm

It's bonkers but I'll take it. Destroyed Brizzle's goal difference as well.

Always nice to thrash a team with the initials BCFC.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa v Bristol City match thread

Post by Guest Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm

That was a huge win for us. You could see the confidence on the lads. Half of them looked 10 cm taller at the end of the match.

Two things though.

Snodgrass isn't a winger I'll tell you that much. He looks miles better when he moves in centrally in the pitch.

And our youths are fucking great. Give me RHM, O'Hare and Grealish every match. Their attacking mind set is so different than the cloggers we usually field. O'Hare got the ball and went straight on goal. RHM's assist was a quite technical strike to make. I'd play them more. Much more. With Davis.

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:26 pm

well I never saw that coming...............................not the emphatic win....Jope being silenced, enjoy your humble pie, go down well with our beer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
andrew24561
andrew24561

Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Bjarnason on. Why on earth would you bring him on and not O'Hare???

I guess that's why.

I'd much prefer that goal to come from O'Hare or RHM, so I'll stick by my guns on that. Bjarnason didn't do much at all.

Hutton however was superb. I gave him a lot of shit last season, but he truly has me eating pie. What a fucking lad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Bjarnason on. Why on earth would you bring him on and not O'Hare???

I guess that's why.

I'd much prefer that goal to come from O'Hare or RHM, so I'll stick by my guns on that. Bjarnason didn't do much at all.

Hutton however was superb. I gave him a lot of shit last season, but he truly has me eating pie. What a fucking lad.

Hearing you're happy makes me happy!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 pm

Apparantly we had 6 attempts on target and 5 goals. Not sure if it's correct, but if it is, we've been quite fortunate tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 pm

Well I think they made a statement tonight, to see us knocking it about at times was good to see, it even cheered Joppe up. lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Apparantly we had 6 attempts on target and 5 goals. Not sure if it's correct, but if it is, we've been quite fortunate tonight.
Yep 6 on target out of 13 shots in all.
I don't care if we only had 6 if we scored with 5 of them!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Tell you what though, apart from Wolves, the Championship is bloody inconsistent.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:40 pm

It's recipe for disaster though. Not only does it give Bruce another excuse, but people also think we have turned a corner now, when in fact we most likely will return to the shit hoofball next match, and then we won't be this fortunate.

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Apparantly we had 6 attempts on target and 5 goals. Not sure if it's correct, but if it is, we've been quite fortunate tonight.

or been very impressive with our finishing. Be positive about it!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Joppe84 wrote:It's recipe for disaster though. Not only does it give Bruce another excuse, but people also think we have turned a corner now, when in fact we most likely will return to the shit hoofball next match, and then we won't be this fortunate.

They could do BUT lets hope that Brucie sees that this could be the way forward and we have more of the same, lets just lap it up and hope he gets another striker in to help out. Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 1520050566 Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:48 pm

We can hope.

More of RHM, O'Hare, Grealish and Davis please.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:14 pm

LOL what a f#cking brilliant result that was huh? And I think I deserve some credit as ever since I stopped starting the match threads, results have picked up Very Happy . It's quite incredible how well our midfielders are doing this season with goals and assists, it really is staggering to see how that's changed this year. And is it a coincidence that we've been much better without Whelan in the team? Hourihane and Jedi are most certainly the way forward.

Really happy for Hogan to get the goal too. That's his fourth this season and I'd be inclined to play him on Saturday where he can hopefully get another goal to keep his form going. Grealish was class and Snoddy is showing why he was so good in the Premiership last season.

All in all old Potato Head has saved himself again!!!..not a fan of the guy but he just has that nack of getting results when he most needs them.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:28 pm

I've just got back in mate, no way we're any of the goals fortunate, good performances all over the pitch and in all honesty it could/ should have been more.
If jack grealish had a bit more confidence to shoot he may have a couple of goals but he chose to pass and came to nothing, good to see him running with the ball though.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 pm

I thought Grealish played really well tonight, with his skills he should be playing like that EVERY week, Elphick did well too considering how its gone for him, on the whole a solid performance all round by everyone, lets hope they keep it up. UTV
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Boldfinger wrote:
I've just got back in mate, no way we're any of the goals fortunate, good performances all over the pitch and in all honesty it could/ should have been more.
If jack grealish had a bit more confidence to shoot he may have a couple of goals but he chose to pass and came to nothing, good to see him running with the ball though.  

Not saying the goals were fortunate, I'm saying scoring 5 goals in 6 attempts on target is über efficient, and considering how poor we were before 2-0, I think we had a lot of luck this match.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Importantly that's another goal for a striker.

Two defensive midfielders (Onomah and Whelan) dropped presumably because of illness, just two players out of position (LB and RB) and it sounds like we did alright. How was Jedi? I would still rather see Onomah or Lansbury next to Hourihane but a) losing Whelan and b) giving Grealish what I assume was the number 10 role behind Hogan are two of the three things I think we need to stick with to allow this team to start winning matches.

The key here is to not bring Whelan back into the starting 11 and to only use Onomah as DM. What happens when they're back from illness is entirely down to Bruce but in the past he's stuck with the replacements and this could mean a starting place for Grealish which is exactly what we need.

From the little I saw of the match Hutton looked significantly better than Taylor on the left. I like the latter but Hutton isn't afraid to run with the ball and move it forward, and we need to start scoring more than our opponents rather than just being afraid of them.

Looking forward to the 10-minute highlights on YouTube tomorrow. Sky highlights here:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11192530/aston-villa-5-0-bristol-city
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:

Not saying the goals were fortunate, I'm saying scoring 5 goals in 6 attempts on target is über efficient, and considering how poor we were before 2-0, I think we had a lot of luck this match.
I don't agree, I don't think we had luck at all, Bristol got all the decisions and should have had a man sent off.
Credit where it is due. The lads played well tonight ALL OF THEM - NO IF'S AND NO BUT'S
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:23 pm

And I disagree. Imagine that. People don't have to agree with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Joppe84 wrote:And I disagree. Imagine that. People don't have to agree with you.
I know we don't have to agree, I just thought that since you were not there perhaps you never knew how the game played out.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:15 pm

You'd think as people comment on how we played they were either there or watched it on television.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Some people listen on the radio and then quote other people's views
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Grealish master class for me. Gone was the dilly dallying on the ball - direct and played to hurt Bristol ity - and he did. Though Bristol played right into his hands with the high back line - I doubt any other team will give JG as much space again.
None of the goals were goalkeeping errors - but if I were a Bristol C fan, I wouldn't be happy with the keeper tonight.
Take nothing away from us though, a chance to put a team to the sword presented itself - and we took it with both hands - will we play like that every week until may ? I very much doubt it - but with injuries easing for us and others clubs starting to feel stretched theres everything to play for......
smetro
smetro

Villa v Bristol City match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:34 am

Every time I watch the replay of Hogan's header it looks better and better - what a piece of skill that was and he nearly did it again when Snoddy followed up for the goal.
I'm so pleased for some of the lads who remained professional even when not picked regularly; Elphick, Hogan and Hutton in particular, and Grealish has obviously been working really hard to get back to fitness, meaning even after such a significant lay off he's effective already.
Really pleased - if we can just keep the right players in the right formations we might just do something this season.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next