The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!!!

4 posters

Go down

LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!!! Empty LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!!!

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Norwich away when we lost 1-0

Bruce said: "We've got no excuses, we are disappointed after getting out of jail at the weekend. We certainly didn’t take part in the game. On days like today, you apologize to people who have traveled. It was pretty pathetic stuff.

"We didn’t do the basics. We never got hold of the ball and we kept giving it away."

"We cannot be any worse than that. In the 10 games I’ve been here, we haven’t put in a worse performance than that."

Cardiff away when we lost 1-0

Bruce: " We've thrown that hand grenade in and I won't accept it.

"So they can either man up to it and say we've got to to do it his way or alternatively I'll find a team eventually that will play my game.

"Most people will tell you the way I've managed over the last 20 years.

"I want a team that epitomises what I stand for. I cant stand looking at the first half because we didn't do enough.

"The sheer lack of quality to do the basics right was simply not good enough. You apologise because, listen, it’s up to.

Wolves away when we lost 1-0

Bruce: "I thought there were shoots of recovery and then all of a sudden you go away from home and they throw the hand grenade in.

"Some of the stuff we did was just unacceptable. As I’ve said over the years I’m never ever going to criticise any individual.

"But as a group and as a team, what we’ve produced is not good enough to get a result in this division, let alone win a local derby."

Brentford away when we lost 3-0

Bruce: "That's three or four or five now away from home that I've come out and had to apologise.

"That's arguably the worst in my short tenure here and sometimes in your career you feel embarrassed.

"That ranks alongside them. We were totally abject. We were so easy to play against. I can only apologise.

"The new faces I'm convinced will make a difference, but they will be scratching their heads going back thinking 'dear oh dear what a debut that's been'."

Barnsley at home when we lost 3-1

Bruce: "Of course there is going to be a few chants and rightly so.

"That’s what playing for this club is all about. There have been accusations of myself that I’m not bothered, that couldn’t be further from the truth.

"I’m determined that I’ll turn it around, given time, but we have to question the team both individually and collectively.”

"I’ve been accused of not caring, my body language is supposed to be c***.

"It’s the best club and biggest club I’ve had for 20 years but it’s arguably the toughest to turn around.

"Given time I know for a fact I’ll get it right."

Reading at home when we lost 3-1

"I think we made more mistakes [in the game] than we did in the past two months.

"We’ve been punished. We’ve given really, really bad goals away.

"We had good opportunities ourselves but if you make the mistakes that we have then rightly so you are going to get punished.

"Especially when the spotlight is on at a big club like ours. We didn’t handle that.

"It was one of those awful afternoons when every mistake did get punished and you just want to get the hell out of there."

Blackburn away when we lost 1-0

Bruce: "I’m not going to hide it. I didn’t enjoy it one little bit.

"I didn’t see us take part in the game. I didn’t see us create a chance, beat a man, win a challenge.

"I didn’t see us do anything. "We ****** around with it and got what we got which was a defeat.”

"I’m disappointed, angry, upset. It doesn’t really matter does it.

"What does matter is that they’re supposed to be my team and they’re supposed to mirror the manager a little bit.

"Certainly what I witnessed today isn’t good enough."

Cardiff away when we lost 3-0

Bruce: Everything - apart from the first 20 minutes where I didn’t think there was anything in it.

The first goal, we made a poor mistake and after that it was, I have to say, on the edge of embarrassment, if I being brutally honest.

So it is a rude awakening to us, very, very early again.

That’s the biggest ‘doing’ I think I can remember having in the Championship.

We simply didn’t do enough of the basics.

Once Elmohamady went off we looked fragile every time they broke on us.

I don’t know how many times my goalkeeper pulled us out of mire.

It was a wake-up call to everyone concerned, especially away from home.

It was a difficult afternoon.

“The centre-half bullied us all day long and unfortunately the longer it went on the worse we got and the more we unravelled,”

“We have to address that if we are going to try and succeed.

“It’s still our Achilles heel since I arrived, and I have to be brutally honest with myself too, I haven’t been able to address it in the six months I have been here.

“But we have to be honest with each other and, collectively and individually, we are nowhere near it.”

Brentford when we drew 0-0

Bruce: “I was conscious of the fact that almost the whole team had been away on international duty.

“I don’t want to make excuses but in hindsight it wasn’t ideal with them all being away.

“The young ones have all had to come off.

“Keinan was sore yesterday and complained of a hip problem.

“Greeny and Josh have picked up muscle injuries and all three had been away with England.

“I blame myself.

“They’ve been away for 10 days and with my experience I should have done better.

“I take a bit of responsibility because there was no real freshness.

“We were as flat as we could have been,”

“It’s arguably the worst we’ve been since I’ve been here.

“I’ve been here for nine months now but we today we didn’t have any spark.

“We didn’t do anything with the ball or without it.

“We look jaded.

"Embarrassed", "The worst it's been since I've been here", "Didn't do the basics", "Not good enough", "I apologise", "Away form is poor" etc etc. Over and over again we hear the same tired excuses so when will this sh/t show come to an end? Why are the board accepting this sh/t when they sacked RDM despite us playing better football and deserving way more points than we got? It's madness.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!!! 5_star11

Back to top Go down

LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!!! Empty Re: LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!!!

Post by big ming Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Don't worry. When Traore (with something to prove) rips us a new one on Tuesday, it will be the end for Bruce and you won't have to listen to his crap again.
big ming

LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!!! 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:19 pm

big ming wrote:Don't worry. When Traore (with something to prove) rips us a new one on Tuesday, it will be the end for Bruce and you won't have to listen to his crap again.

Loving your optimism @big ming

But like Wyness said Bruce is honest? In all the quotes @AstonThriller put up he consistently admits we are not good enough, we aren't doing things right and he never seems to put it right so he apologizes for it! If I walked into my boss and made those admissions with the regularity that Potato Head has I am fairly sure I would have either resigned or been fired after the first time!

It is embarrassing for Xia surely by now?
DelboyVilla

LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!!! 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:49 pm

The groundhog day feeling will continue as the club do nothing about it and we continue to do poorly as a football team, will probably get a win soon that will save his job, then go on a bad run, before getting another win that will save his job, and so on.
deadbuzzardalive

LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!!! 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum