The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread

+18
Dions_Bald_Head
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
smetro
AstonThriller
Saunders82
The Utterer
achilles
De Kuip
FoxyAV
Jae1411
LVBrit
VTID85
Villa_Dan
mefromhere
Trotters
Boldfinger
avfc forever
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by achilles Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:26 pm

LVBrit wrote:Stream on periscope if anyone interested
https://www.periscope.tv/bally_auluk/1eaKbRlQNqqKX?

Only masochists need to tune in!
achilles
achilles

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Jae1411 Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:37 pm

at least blues are losing
Jae1411

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:41 pm

The referee is having a blinder for Cardiff.

Who are these Tshibola and Hepburn-Murphy players I hear about on the radio?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:56 pm

Wolves and Norwich have done us massive favours meaning the gap to 6th has only stretched by 1 point. 

Reinforcements needed ASAP
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:58 pm

For the first time since Bruce arrived Im doubting we will make the play offs. Most of all I just don't see where the goals are coming from.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:14 pm

We are utter shite.
Cannot believe just how shit our playing staff are. Apart from one or two at most, a lot of these useless sugarbags are showing that they can't even hack it as championship players, let alone any hopes of eventually being prem standard. We absolutely cannot afford to get up into the Prem unless we buy 11 players in this window better than what we have now and then replace most of them with 11 prem standard ones in the summer. Literally that is how far we are from a team that I could see getting and then staying in the prem.
Some of the playing personnel aren't good enough to push for top 6 in league 1, let alone the championship.
I think I'm the most depressed I've been in ages - definitely since we went down and that's because I can't see how £60 million has even got us close to competing in this division. The vast majority of our existing players are utter garbage, and with very very few exceptions, those we've paid a fortune for are garbage as well.
Fuck me Villa, you don't half make it hard to love you.....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:15 pm

smetro wrote:For the first time since Bruce arrived Im doubting we will make the play offs. Most of all I just don't see where the goals are coming from.

I've thought this for ages. We just don't have a game plan. No idea what we're trying to do. I won't slate Bruce too much though. He deserves a full summer window and pre season.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:20 pm

De Kuip wrote:We are utter shite.
Cannot believe just how shit our playing staff are. Apart from one or two at most, a lot of these useless sugarbags are showing that they can't even hack it as championship players, let alone any hopes of eventually being prem standard. We absolutely cannot afford to get up into the Prem unless we buy 11 players in this window better than what we have now and then replace most of them with 11 prem standard ones in the summer. Literally that is how far we are from a team that I could see getting and then staying in the prem.
Some of the playing personnel aren't good enough to push for top 6 in league 1, let alone the championship.
I think I'm the most depressed I've been in ages - definitely since we went down and that's because I can't see how £60 million has even got us close to competing in this division. The vast majority of our existing players are utter garbage, and with very very few exceptions, those we've paid a fortune for are garbage as well.

These are the same players that we give new contracts too as well, utterly unbelievable! Flogging a dead hors
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:53 pm

achilles wrote:
De Kuip wrote:We are utter shite.

These are the same players that we give new contracts too as well, utterly unbelievable! Flogging a dead hors

I've no idea how Gardner got his new deal. We have to pray that the owner is true to his word and gets in 5 players this window that are better than we have. We might then challenge for a playoff position.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:00 pm

I can't totally agree with lots of the above comments, we do have some decent players but they are held back by the total crap of some players around them. Until we have brought in players who can bring some quality then we are stuck with the crap. My thoughts are that despite Bruce stating we don't need a striker WE DEFINITELY DO, get one in ASAP Brucie. This squad do give you palpitations though, par for the course nowadays. Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Saunders82 wrote:I can't totally agree with lots of the above comments, we do have some decent players but they are held back by the total crap of some players around them. Until we have brought in players who can bring some quality then we are stuck with the crap. My thoughts are that despite Bruce stating we don't need a striker WE DEFINITELY DO, get one in ASAP Brucie. This squad do give you palpitations though, par for the course nowadays. Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 1327487109

Agree. Although I think he's referring to signing rather than loan & hopefully we'll see a striker come in on loan.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:20 pm

No way is this current squad good enough for promotion Laughing

Our only hope is one phenomenal transfer window but sadly cut adrift in mid table isn't that convincing as a selling point for the better players.

If it stays as it is with such a dire midfield we have no chance.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:39 pm

Saunders82 wrote:I can't totally agree with lots of the above comments, we do have some decent players but they are held back by the total crap of some players around them. Until we have brought in players who can bring some quality then we are stuck with the crap. My thoughts are that despite Bruce stating we don't need a striker WE DEFINITELY DO, get one in ASAP Brucie. This squad do give you palpitations though, par for the course nowadpremays. Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 1327487109
Thing is though mate, if we have any pretensions of promotion this season,  unless we shipped in loads this window, we'd have to ship masses in for the prem and we've all seen examples of clubs who have tried to build an instant team and failed, or at least struggled.
Seriously who in our team would do well in the prem?
Kodjia probably, Grealish probably, Baker probably, Amavi possibly. That's it as far as I'm concerned. So squad wise to compete in the prem I think we need 14 to 16 better players in 2 windows.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:40 pm

The Utterer wrote:No way is this current squad good enough for promotion Laughing

Our only hope is one phenomenal transfer window but sadly cut adrift in mid table isn't that convincing as a selling point for the better players.

If it stays as it is with such a dire midfield we have no chance.

That midfield is the problem we can all see it lets hope Brucie & Co can too & do something about it QUICK, I do so F***ing hate Lerner and his mob for putting us in this S**t. Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 1015550615
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:45 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:I can't totally agree with lots of the above comments, we do have some decent players but they are held back by the total crap of some players around them. Until we have brought in players who can bring some quality then we are stuck with the crap. My thoughts are that despite Bruce stating we don't need a striker WE DEFINITELY DO, get one in ASAP Brucie. This squad do give you palpitations though, par for the course nowadpremays. Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 1327487109
Thing is though mate, if we have any pretensions of promotion this season,  unless we shipped in loads this window, we'd have to ship masses in for the prem and we've all seen examples of clubs who have tried to build an instant team and failed, or at least struggled.
Kodjia probably, Grealish probably, Baker probably, Amavi possibly. That's it as far as I'm concerned. So squad wise to compete in the prem I think we need 14 to 16 better players in 2 windows.

Yep totally agree with that, IMO though lets give it a go in this window, if we can make it we can hopefully do something in future windows, once we get some momentum going who knows, FIRST lets get some FOOTBALLERS/GRAFTERS into this squad. Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 50815218
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:49 pm

De Kuip wrote:

Also depends on who we get in on loan. If we do get Johnstone and Jenkinson and they end up doing well then we might have a chance of signing them on a permanent basis. So all is not lost DK. Right now every defeat exposes deep issues we have in this squad. We must remember that nine of this squad were here during the worst season in the club's history!!..they must be weeded out and be replaced by those who aren't scarred by they experience.

I'd also say that this defeat really couldn't have come at a better time. The window is open, there's no more league games for two weeks and we're still only seven points off the play-offs!!..all is not lost yet but it's gonna come down to how much does Tony want to push the boat out? We'll see...spend 20m plus and I trust Bruce to bring in the adequate quality needed for us to win the battle of finish in the play-offs...but if we don't then it's just gonna be one long struggle.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:58 pm

As harsh at it sounds if these results continue the board might begin to wonder if they can trust Bruce with money. Or rather question if it's worth giving him anything now because if we're not in the play off places come the end of the season, they might fancy giving someone else a go.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Cheers guys for the dose of optimism!
I do genuinely think I'm normally an optimist and a positive thinker, maybe day 2 of a spectacular new year hangover allied to a return to work after a fortnight off has just destroyed my ability to get over the disappointment of imagining that total wanker Warnock grinning all week.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Say what you like about the current squad - but IMO they aren't performing to the maximum potential.

It worries me that once again we see the transfer market as the answer - when we are not getting the best out of what we have. Many teams in this division are assembled on absolute peanuts - yet our highly paid staff can't compete with them.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Gardner and westwood had 9 touches between them in 1St half! 9! That is a disgrace and neither of them should be anywhere near 1St team again. Centre mid is the engine room of a team and to be have 2 totally inept players starting for us we have no chance of getting anywhere near playoffs. Pathetic!!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:51 pm

We definitely should be doing better with what we have, and we aren't suddenly going to fix everything just by making signings. Things need to improve on the training ground. Not blaming Bruce, because our ability to be rubbish no matter which players we play, has been a problem long since before he arrived.

I've seen a few suggest that the poor performances are what you get with Bruce, but at least he gets results. But I saw Hull a few times last season towards the end, and they looked a lot better than we do, they weren't exactly Barcelona, but they did have a game a plan and you could see they had good interplay between the players. I'm hoping that's a sign that he can improve things.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:57 pm

danclare82 wrote:Gardner and westwood had 9 touches between them in 1St half! 9! That is a disgrace and neither of them should be anywhere near 1St team again. Centre mid is the engine room of a team and to be have 2 totally inept players starting for us we have no chance of getting anywhere near playoffs.  Pathetic!!

This is so significant - I really believe that if we get the 2 central midfield positions right then other players will magically come alive. Westwood & Gardner just aren't charasmatic enough regardless of any talents they may possess.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:47 pm

I listenend to the game on the radio as I headed home to Leeds after Chritmas break and luckily the WM signal died as the second half started.
I sounded like that twat Warnock has made a point to the ref that Grealish goes to the ground easily, then tells his players to kick the fuck out of him
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:57 pm

I've just posted on another thread that Tish had something like 5 times as many touches of the ball as Wayward and Gardner combined! Westwank made JUST TWO passes.

What the actual fuck?

Gardner was only very slightly better in the stats department so I'm baffled as to how he gets a new contract.

sugarbags the both of them.

We are so lightweight it's unreal. The finger of blame has to be pointed at Bruce here for starting with that XI knowing full well that sugarbag Warnock would send his players out to MMA us.

Kodjia, Chester and Baker are the only decent players we have.

Amavi seems a liability who runs hot or cold and I'm baffled that we didn't accept £25m for him. I'd be tempted to bring back Cissokho at the back and push Amavi up to left wing.

Hutton...well he tries but he's shit
McCormack and Gabby????
Albert seems to drift in and out of games.
Goalkeeper options are poor or potential.

Just how much did xia spend pre-season on this?
Trotters
Trotters

Cardiff vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:31 am

We desperately need a new midfield as I have been saying for a long time now and I don't care if AFW is a nice guy who has never acted unprofessionally as he is possibly the worst footballer I have ever seen in a Villa shirt over the past 40 years!!

We need signings that are going to lift the squad and raise morale as I worry that the playoff places just slipped away from us yesterday afternoon?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum