The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in

+3
Villa Ranger
4BetLite
Trotters
7 posters

Go down

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in Empty Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:23 am

I've been thinking about something regarding our style of play. This might be a bit tedious, but please hear me out.

I like that idea that a style of play runs through the club. I don't have a whole load of examples, but Barcelona is one (an inverse diamond 2323), Rosenborg is another (with a very stricts 433 that focuses on deep runs from midfield and a strong targetman - my personal favourite). I suppose Ajax is a third (think they work a 334 diamond with anchor). And I think Southampton are doing this as well with a 4231. And by this I mean defining a certain tactic as the club tactic and having it played from the academy through out the first team. So when you change a manager, you're not in a position where you have to change the coaching, the ideas, the players etc. You simply get in a manager with the same football philosophy. It's cheaper, it's quicker and more likely to lead to success IMO, especially as success tends to go hand in hand with continuity.

So what's AVFC's style of play? I'm not as old as some of you farts, but I suspect we often have played counter attacking?? Anyway, seems RDM's and Xia's idea is to keep us playing 4231. It's a fairly modern approach and I think a lot of teams utilize this because of it's ability to perform as a 451, 442 and 433 when needed. RDM played this at Chelsea as well. Another interesting bit is that Steve Round, which is responsible for our football development in all aspects, he's worked for a managers that prefer 4231 as well, which leads me to think this is what he prefers.

So what do you guys think? Are we now creating a new philosophy at the club? Does anyone know what tactics are preferred in the academy? And more importantly, do you agree witha 4231 or do you want a different tactic for us?

Back to top Go down

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in Empty Re: Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:14 pm

Anyone who is playing in the GTC with an interest in tactics, keep your eye out. We've arrange another prize that you might like.

It'll be interesting that Xia will have hired a technical director to cement a style of play that will extend through out the club. But will he decide that? Surely not. Surely it's the manager's job and then the TD follows suit. But what if that had happened under some of our more recent managers? Jesus!!

Intersting times ahead, for sure
Trotters
Trotters

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in Empty Re: Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in

Post by 4BetLite Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:59 pm

I like the idea of having 5 defensive minded and 5 attack minded players, I prefer a flat back 4, so only 1 DM for me in the middle of 2 box to box men. Then maybe a No10 behind 2 hard working strikers................

Is that a 41212..............0r 433
4BetLite
4BetLite

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:05 pm

I can't add anything in respect of the Academy tactics I'm afraid, but I do think 4-2-3-1 gets the best out of our current first team players.

The defence picks itself, other than whether to play Amavi or Cissokho at LB and perhaps whether to rest Gollini for Bunn.

Similarly, Tish & Jedi will always be the first choice to sit in front.

Kodjia has to spearhead the attack, so the big question for me is whether Ayew makes the cut in the supporting 3. Or will he go with Grealish - McCormack - Adomah and leave Ayew on the bench to fill in anywhere across the three, when one of them tires or is out of form.

RDM must surely be tempted to do just this, cos Ayew needs to give his head a wobble and realise that he's part of a team.

Big call though, cos Ayew might just have a mega-sulk and down tools completely.

Last edited by Villa Ranger on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:59 pm

I'll expand this post later, but my main worry about 4231 and our current squad is the quality you need in central midfield. I think it's ideal for our attacking players, but only Jedi and Tshibola has sufficient quality as a CM. This is why I wanted another CM this summer. If Tshi gets injured and Jedi is suspended we're up shit creek.

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:33 pm

Villa Ranger wrote:I can't add anything in respect of the Academy tactics I'm afraid, but I do think 4-2-3-1 gets the best out of our current first team players.

The defence picks itself, other than whether to play Amavi or Cissokho at LB and perhaps whether to rest Gollini for Bunn.

Similarly, Tish & Jedi will always be the first choice to sit in front.

Kodjia has to spearhead the attack, so the big question for me is whether Ayew makes the cut in the supporting 3. Or will he go with Grealish - McCormack - Adomah and leave Ayew on the bench to fill in anywhere across the three, when one of them tires or is out of form.

RDM must surely be tempted to do just this cos Ayew needs to give his head a wobble and realise that he's part of a team.

Big call though, cos Ayew might just have a mega-sulk down tools completely.

My thoughts exactly, Ranger. I'm never going to question Ayew's work ethic, but he has been off pace lately and dropping him for Adomah might be the key to unlocking the goals we all know are in this squad.
KMitch
KMitch

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Trotters wrote:Anyone who is playing in the GTC with an interest in tactics, keep your eye out. We've arrange another prize that you might like.

It'll be interesting that Xia will have hired a technical director to cement a style of play that will extend through out the club. But will he decide that? Surely not.  Surely it's the manager's job and then the TD follows suit. But what if that had happened under some of our more recent managers? Jesus!!

Intersting times ahead, for sure

It's very likely the choice of TD and our style of play is agreed upon by RDM and others, but I don't think it's a coincidence that they all share the preference of 4231.

I think however, the TD will however decide of our style of play. I'd even go as far as saying it's the most important bit he or she does. Managers can get shifted quite frequently, and like I pointed out earlier it's much easier to keep moving forwards if the tactical philosophy is ingrained in the club despite what manager we have. It's also a far better financial strategy. But yeah I agree, since we are in the starting phase of AVFC's rebirth so to speak, RDM has probably spoken out about what tactic he finds favorable and why he thinks that's the tactic we should build around. It strikes me as a too big of a coincidence that we hire RDM that favour this tactic and we later get in Round that favours the same tactic. I think there has been some heavy discussions with RDM and Xia on how they should build this club from this point, and I wouldn't be surprised if every single candidate interviewed for the TD job favoured the tactic RDM favours.

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:24 pm

I think the main problem we have in selecting the front 4 now is that we have spent a lot of money on 4 players ... and we have Jack and Rudy too. And 6 into 4 doesn't go. I hope RDM is allowed to choose those in form and not pressured into playing those Xia has paid the most for.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Seeing as Xia has said that he was happy to get the players in that RDM wanted then i think a plan is already in place guys and girls.
Lots of time to train and gel before the next game, so i am expecting most of the new signings to start and that would be good.
Man on ground at BMH so we will know the First team that traines on Saturday morning with some good luck. UTV
I was sat in the local after work watching Strictly and X factor so feck me i am bored Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 1401410211 Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 1327487109 Bash I'll get my coat Flogging a dead hors
NARLA24
NARLA24

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:09 pm

Saw this on tweeteter. How's this for style of play? Richard Dunne on MON...

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in Img_2011
Trotters
Trotters

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:21 pm

I can imagine that to be a useful approach for loads of players. I've always thought any successful manager only needs two things. 1) a clear well defined formation 2) and the ability to motivate. Overcomplicating stuff is rarely a good idea. Especially for thick as fuck footballers.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:41 pm

"It sounds so basic, but it was effective. We finished 6th in the league".
Yeah, and the five fuckers that finished above us had proper tactics......... Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Our style of play - national break boredom kicks in 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum