The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Stan Petrov

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stan Petrov

Post by TheVillansOfAston on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:18 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10507571/aston-villa-opt-against-offering-stiliyan-petrov-playing-deal?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Can't say i'm surprised, and to be honest i feel it's for the best, he was never going to be the player he was, and after getting his health back he should just concentrate on his family and this second chance he's been given, and enjoy his retirement.
TheVillansOfAston

Back to top Go down

Re: Stan Petrov

Post by UnclePanda on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:20 pm

It is the best decision imo. Im very happy Stan is back in a position to have talked about this, but I think it is too much now. Hes 37! No way would he have got back to a required level for competitive Championship footy.
But give him a coaches role!
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Agree with all above. A valiant effort Stan and good luck with whatever you decide to do, hoping you stay on at the club.
Scarf Waving
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Will always be a legend. Didn't need to come back to prove that. Hope he takes up the new role as he's someone we need at the club, just probably not as a player at his age. Especially considering the fight his body went through over the last 5 years
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Time for a rethink on the decision not to give him a short term contract. an old head to sit in front of the back 4 - even just for the next few games ? - Some of the players we are after are 32 ? - short term answer could be on our doorstep ?
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:21 pm

We as a club owe this bloke some sort of position within side the club. Youth coach, player advisor. God knows the man has been to hell and back and we should not shun him now. 19 mins should carry on until he has a safe and secure future. He deserves that at least.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:25 am

Surely he's financially secure?

And as much as I'd love to see him run out in front of a home crowd and listen as the roof blows off the place, if he's not up to the standard we need then the love the fans have for him will quickly tarnish.

Back room job? I hope so! Who better to keep players totally motivated and on script than Petrov?
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:51 am

It would break my heart if we gave him a new contract, he didn't perform and idiots started slating him. He's done. He is turning 38 and has been seriously sick with cancer. Keep the memories and let him have a role with us or others as a coach or similar.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:57 am

He's an absolute champion for even trying to make a comeback.

I'm not overly into the American thing of "retiring" shirts for legends but in this case, the last 19 top he wore should be put in a glass display case and that number never used again.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:02 am

Gabby couldn't even be arsed playing when he was fit, Stan was told he'd his place at the club would still be there for him if he could get up to fitness and he worked his arse off to get there, even if only for a pre-season friendly. He's a club legend. Stan, that is, Gabby's just our top goalscorer.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum