The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

England

3 posters

Go down

England Empty England

Post by bruka Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:14 pm

In my opinion there are a multitude of reasons why England fail at every tournament.  Some of them are specific to this England team and Roy Hodgson and some of them have always been there. The first of which is that we have no world class players, we have some decent guys and a couple who are above average but there are no players like Ronaldo, Iniesta,  Pogba or Muller who can turn it on at the drop of a hat and rescue a game. "Well what about Italy, they've got no stars" you might say but that is made up for with tactical awareness and a will to win that no one in an England shirt comes close to having. Italy are a great example of a team being better than the sum of their parts. Part of this is down to a manager who has told them "you're the worst Italy team for 50 years" this had instilled a "we'll show them" mentality while taking all the pressure off.
A point I have made elsewhere on this forum and I believe it is a huge part of the problem is that their are no England players playing outside of the Prem. Every team in the quarters have players who play in different countries and it benefits them massively as they learn a different way of playing,  different tempos and even different lifestyle compared to what is normal for them. Off the top of my head France have Pogba,  Griezmann and Payet. Germany have Kroos and Ozil. Italy have Pelle and Giacherrini.  Portugal have Ronaldo.  Belgium have Lukaku, Hazard and De Bruyne. Wales have Bale and Iceland have pretty much all of em. Now from those players how many would get in the England team, it's a bleeding lot of em. Maybe we have to come to terms with thr fact that there are no English players who would get into a top team in Europe.
We can make our players better by just selecting those who are playing well, that way you have a competition for places that pushes players to be better. Wilshere over Drinkwater ? Then to take Barkley but insist on bringing on Wilshere or Henderson to try and change tgr outcome of a game ? Nah. Also I think in English football we have a tendency to be scarec to sub defenders and keepers when they are playing shit. Hart should have been dropped for Forster to start with and would have lkkef to have seen Clyne for Walker and maybe even Stones for Smalling at hakf time because it became clear pretty quickly tgat we can't defend.Would also have liked to have seen more of Rashford, he's young and enthusiastic - whack him on at half time with a free role and a few encouraging words and I bet he'd torment defences.
I think the only way to solve any of this is to drop anyone who underperformed last night for the next few matches at least so they can't tarnish any younger lads coming in. Rooney unfortunately has to go as he's been present for our last 7 tournament exits and the last 2 embarrassments in paricular. Also I think we now have to pick a system to play consistently and stick with it (even if we're losing) so it becomes "the England way" and young players or players who play for unfashionable teams who are selected under our new "play the playerswho play well" system can pick it up quickly. Apologies for the long post, good to vent lol. Ah well at least we can enjoy the tournament now.
bruka

England 0_star10

Back to top Go down

England Empty Re: England

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:30 am

Well said mate.

It's the same old story, club power, player power and media bullshit pressure.

When will they get it? It's a TEAM game and has less to do with individuals then what the media have brainwashed the establishment into thinking.

I also believe that the success of the premiership globally means that the big club/player sponsors apply a lot of pressure (bribes maybe) to have their product on display at all times.

Someone said the other day that you could let Argentina have Messi and Barca would beat them every time, that it's, the TEAM is everything.

The next manager can be anybody, it doesn't matter, as nothing will change and we will always be average, with a false world ranking because of game selection.

Screw everyone's ego's and start playing the best team with an effective strategy to beat whoever the opposition is, with a bench to allow a plan B or C depending on how the game is going. Be adaptable not predictable.

4BetLite
4BetLite

England 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Wales is making a mockery of the "there are no English players outside the Prem" argument.

I agree that Rooney could go.
Con
Con

England 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:48 pm

What i mean is there are no English players playing outside of England, that can't be good for our game. Plus Bale plays for Madrid.
bruka

England 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:13 am

Well after another round of internationals we see that England are still as shocking as ever. I just don't get it, if those players were to all sign for one Prem team they would be the scariest team in the league who everyobe would dread playing - put em in an England shirt and they go to pieces. Gotta be the way they are coached or something right ? Maybe i'm over-simplifying it ...
bruka

England 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down