The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Friendlies

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: Friendlies

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 12:30 pm

14-05-2014
Villa head to Proact Stadium.

Villa have added a friendly clash against Chesterfield to the 2014-15 pre-season schedule.

The game will take place at the Proact Stadium on Wednesday July 30, with a 7.45 pm kick-off.

This is the latest fixture to be added to our summer schedule ahead of the 2014-15 campaign.

Villa are set to travel to the USA for a two-game tour in July.

The claret and blues will face Dallas on July 23 and Houston Dynamo on July 26 before heading to Holland.

There, we take on the former club of Leandro Bacuna, Groningen, on Saturday August 2.

Three days later, on Tuesday August 5, Villa make the short tip to the Banks's Stadium to take on Walsall.

Stay tuned for more pre-season news as it becomes available.

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas_Mike Thu May 15, 2014 2:16 am

PDC Lion wrote:
Texas_Mike wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I'm hooking up with a possie of other US based Villans to watch at least one of the Villa pre-season friendlies taking place here in July.

I can't get the time off (or find the readies) to attend both games, as there will doubtless be a considerable amount of frippery and general all-round drunken debauchery involved in same. However, I intend to go to the midweek game in Dallas (carefully avoiding riding past grassy knolls in open top limos) and look forward to renewing my acquaintance with Ian Taylor. I owe him a beer or seven.

Any other stateside Villans thinking of going, let me know where you are and, if needs be, I'll hook you up with your local AVFC enclave Wink Scarf Waving

There is a pub just outside the FC Dallas ground called 'The Londoner'. It is on the west side 5 minutes walk away. If any Villa fans are going then that is a good place to meet. I will be in there so would be happy to meet up with any one for a beer or two.
Hi Texas Mike. I would love to be there. Do they do a decent steak in the Londoner or is that a really daft question ? Texas being the home of everything Steaky and all. Very Happy 

No steak... it sells fish and chips, curry, shepherds pie. That sort of food. It also gets crowded on game day and so they dumb down the menu choices. Depending on where you are staying, when arriving, etc. there are other options before going to the ground. For example I live in McKinney (about 25 minutes drive from FC Dallas). It has a nice (small) downtown center with a few pubs, wine bars and restaurants - including a steakhouse. The downtown area also has a hotel. So a pre match drink and food in McKinney from say 4;30PM, followed by the Londoner at the ground could be an option. If you want the much busier and larger Dallas city center then that is another option.
Texas_Mike
Texas_Mike

Friendlies - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Fri May 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Mansfield away on 17th July been added now.
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3835570,00.html
whiteensign
whiteensign

Friendlies - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum