The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Gestede throws a wild party....

+4
FoxyAV
KMitch
mefromhere
Trotters
8 posters

Go down

Gestede throws a wild party.... Empty Gestede throws a wild party....

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:04 am

....outdoors for the homeless people.

He's just gone way up in my books. Gestede throws a wild party.... 3769219917

Gestede throws a wild party.... CgrZIAWW4AA3coW
Trotters
Trotters

Gestede throws a wild party.... 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Gestede throws a wild party.... Empty Re: Gestede throws a wild party....

Post by mefromhere Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:18 am

Knowing us we'll suspend him for being out the night before a game
mefromhere
mefromhere

Gestede throws a wild party.... 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:46 am

mefromhere wrote:Knowing us we'll suspend him for being out the night before a game

Or bench him because he doesn't have "Premier League Experience"...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:15 am

Good stuff.

I don't rate him much, but he seems to be fairly levelheaded.

Squad option next season. Let him taste crosses?

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:37 am

I like him as a player, he fights for the ball, looks like he gives a shit and it's not his fault the team has been set up specifically to not play to his strengths. And he's done nothing whatsoever to make me think we shouldn't try to keep him for next season and hope we end up with a manager who knows how to set up a football team.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Gestede throws a wild party.... 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:57 am

Oh we should keep him for the simple reason he's a proven Championship player. But I don't rate him on bit. Incredibly slow and just plain shit most of the time. If we are promoted again he'd be the first player I'd sell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:40 am

I think it was against Liverpool when Amavi whipped in a filthy cross at some pace and Gestede just went right over the defender and smashed it in with his head.

He's an absolute beast in the air and will score tonnes in the Championship PROVIDED we can get crosses in.

It would amaze me to see our managers throw Gestede on and then remove the wingers who would feed him. Or vice versa.

Play to his strengths and he's good. Don't and he may as well not be on the pitch.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:47 am

Good on him for his good deeds last night. But I wouldn't build a team around him for when we're in the Championship next season, as some people seem to suggest. He hasn't done enough in his career for that, basically had one good season. He'd might get a few goals but the style of play needed to create that scenario might prove to be a detriment to the rest of the team, I mean Blackburn had him scoring goals for one season, but that alone wasn't enough to get them out of the league. Teams who do well in the Championship these days tend to be the ones who play good football.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:00 pm

I can't underline how much I feel we miss proper wingers in this squad.

I really hope we sign one and Green gets his chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Oh we should keep him for the simple reason he's a proven Championship player. But I don't rate him on bit. Incredibly slow and just plain shit most of the time. If we are promoted again he'd be the first player I'd sell.

If we'd played him all season in a.4-4-2 with good wingers, we would still be in the premiership and probably selling him for +25m now.

I like him, he is proud to be a villa player.

well done Rudi
4BetLite
4BetLite

Gestede throws a wild party.... 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:52 pm

4BetLite wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Oh we should keep him for the simple reason he's a proven Championship player. But I don't rate him on bit. Incredibly slow and just plain shit most of the time. If we are promoted again he'd be the first player I'd sell.

If we'd played him all season in a.4-4-2 with good wingers, we would still be in the premiership and probably selling him for +25m now.

well done Rudi

Don't know about your valuation but I agree he'd have scored more had we been set up correctly. We signed a player known for his strength in the air and headed goals and , just because he's tall, tried to use him as we did Benteke. Stupidity at its worst.

Supply crosses and Gestede scores all day long . 33 goals in 66 games for Blackburn and 20 (I think) if those were with his head.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
4BetLite wrote:

well done Rudi

Don't know about your valuation but I agree he'd have scored more had we been set up correctly. We signed a player known for his strength in the air and headed goals and , just because he's tall, tried to use him as we did Benteke. Stupidity at its worst.

Supply crosses and Gestede scores all day long . 33 goals in 66 games for Blackburn and 20 (I think) if those were with his head.

Yup, optimistic valuation aside, we didn't see Rudi's version of Rudi.

We are renowned for not playing to players strengths, playing players out of position, not adapting our style within games, making incorrect substitutions and fielding the worst goalkeeper ever.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Gestede throws a wild party.... 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:44 pm

The thing is, you just know he's talking to the coaching staff/manager and telling them what he needs. So they've just been ignoring him. Or they've been listening to the cock-spanks with the iPads full of stats.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:48 pm

I don't like one trick ponies. Give me a solid allround striker any day

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Housebrick Bent was a one-trick pony - he just stood in the box and hoped the ball landed at this feet - and he saved our season.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:47 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I don't like one trick ponies. Give me a solid allround striker any day

I think most may agree, to a certain extent at least, but I'd personally rather see one-trick than no-trick which is sadly what we've had to endure for the most part. All "should'a-would'a-could'a" I guess.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I don't like one trick ponies. Give me a solid allround striker any day

I agree with you to a certain extent but we haven't seen much of what he can do with head or foot. Right now, thinking about players we should keep for next year around whom to build a decent team, we can chuck out N'Zog, Gabby, Lescott, Richards, Richardson, Bacuna and probably a few more. I don't really see the point of Sanchez either. Only players who want to play for Villa, and aren't dicking around. My exception is Grealish, but only if we get a manager capable of sorting him out. Gestede works his arse off and scores goals. Weimann worked his arse off and scored occasional goals, but was a striker in the Bent mold, and played out of position, and ultimately failed. That's a separate issue (we need to be able to attract players to the academy, and keep the good ones) though.

Gestede needs someone up there - like Ayew - with the fancy footwork, to pick up Gestede's knockdowns from long balls and crosses. I just can't comprehend why we didn't get to see them play together this season. Sure, Gestede is a blunt tool, but he seems to want to play for us and fights for the ball. It's not his fault he's not allowed to play and show us what he can really do.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:34 pm

I'd rather a good one trick pony whose strengths we play to than a mediocre well-rounded striker who scores less despite doing more.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum