The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

£300 million loss for Lerner

+8
EbeneezerGoode
Trotters
Synopsis
NARLA24
ViewFromT2
Villa_Dan
KMitch
Sky
12 posters

Go down

£300 million loss for Lerner  Empty £300 million loss for Lerner

Post by Sky Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Sky
Sky

£300 million loss for Lerner  0_star10

Back to top Go down

£300 million loss for Lerner  Empty Re: £300 million loss for Lerner

Post by Sky Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:09 pm

How has Mr Lerner list £300 million on us?
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:27 pm

How? Randy Lerner is an idiot, that's how.
KMitch
KMitch

£300 million loss for Lerner  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Worst Businessman ever. His family must hate how he has shat all over his father's legacy
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

£300 million loss for Lerner  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Personally I hope he loses another £ 300 million.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:47 pm

I stopped reading that shitty article after it said we have 9 games to go!!!

I wouldn't believe a word contained therein on that basis!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:19 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:I stopped reading that shitty article after it said we have 9 games to go!!!

I wouldn't believe a word contained therein on that basis!!
Bullshit article, bullshit.
NARLA24
NARLA24

£300 million loss for Lerner  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:39 am

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/aston-villa-lost-in-supermarket.html

I thought it was interesting, is a lengthy read though
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:16 pm

That's a long article that I skim-read and it is interesting.

In a nutshell, we're pretty average across the board:
average attendance.
average sponsorship income
average TV income
average wages
average spent on transfers (yes, it appears that Lerner has been putting money in).
average everything.

So the only reason you could really say with absolute certainty is that with all that average-ness going on, you'd expect so see average performances: some years good, some bad, some...average.

Yet we're bad. Stunningly bad. Absolutely shit in fact.

And that has to be put down to the fact that there is the board and then there's the manager and since Lerner took over, there's been no-one in between with a clue about football.

So the board sign the cheques blindly for the manager and then hope the manager has a short term goal, a medium term goal and a long term goal. Which they have not.

McLeish was a stupid appointment. Lambert was held on to for far far too long. Captain Bell-End was just inexperience and shit. And that leaves Garde who seems ok with the shitty tools he has to work with.

But if he leaves (and I think we're all pretty sure that's a distinct possibility) then it will be once again up to a clueless board to find a manager.

And around we go again.

Lerner is a fuckwit who simply cannot see that you need a long term Director of Football type person, a man with a footballing brain that can see what players have value, what players will fit in regardless of manager, what the footballing future holds and who will work with the manager for the betterment of the club.

As said above, I hope the dick loses another 300 mill. And I hope it hurts.

Oh, here's a comparison of how much income the club will make next season. We are fucked!

£300 million loss for Lerner  11%2BAston%2BVilla%2BRelegation%2BImpact%2B2014
Trotters
Trotters

£300 million loss for Lerner  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:31 am

I cannot believe we are making a loss especially not one of that size. Hundreds of millions of TV income over the Lerner era and transfer spending has been well down following the initial splurge. And we have been continuously cutting the wage bill for five years. You could run this club in a self sustaining fashion and be more successful. Something does not add up.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:16 am

Would it be cynical of me to suggest that Lerner is taking money out of the club into his own pocket and this is why the club is making a loss? Or would that be going toon far
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Would it be cynical of me to suggest that Lerner is taking money out of the club into his own pocket and this is why the club is making a loss? Or would that be going toon far

Wouldnt be surprising.. Hes probably expecting to sell for a loss now (especially with relegation a certainty) and so is keeping so much himself so he does somehow break even
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Would it be cynical of me to suggest that Lerner is taking money out of the club into his own pocket and this is why the club is making a loss? Or would that be going toon far

That is exactly what I think has gone on.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:58 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:

That is exactly what I think has gone on.

Cmon guys. We have known for at least 5 years that Lerner has tried to recoup the money he lost up until MON left. We know this. Ofc. he has pocketed what he can pocket. Why do you think he's hired a dozen accountants and bankers. It's there for all to see, nothing to even debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Do not have full accounts but heres some back of a fag packet calculations
£300 million loss for Lerner  Lerner10

I have probably missed out some expenses and revenue sources but theres no way that could bend that from a 44million surplus to a 300million loss. Perhaps irregularities have been noticed and resulted in the negative due diligence that has been mentioned.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:49 pm

I do fear that this is going to get worse. The longer Lerner doesn't sell the further we will fall.
tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:25 am

When your have one company that owns another company is it easy to make your money disappear, asset management fees, administration charges and factor fees for paying utilities handling contracts etc.

I still don't believe the club is up for sale anymore.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Synopsis wrote:When your have one company that owns another company is it easy to make your money disappear, asset management fees, administration charges and factor fees for paying utilities handling contracts etc.

I still don't believe the club is up for sale anymore.

Exactly this. I don't believe the club has seriously been on the market, evidence points to something else. We've mostly all been scratching our heads as to why a club of our previous standing and history has somehow been unable to attract potential new investors/owners. The time to sell was end of last season upon premiership status being secured. The very fact we heard no names linked and proceeded to sell/move on the better players at the club points directly at the owner doing it on the cheap and extracting as much as is possible whilst maintaining premiership status, it's no surprise he's fucked that up this time around, his luck ran out. I said years ago that this was an irreversible spiral that Lerner had started, this spiral will continue for as long as Lerner is owner and his accountants remain at the club. Next season could be a bloodbath for the club. I've no idea why people keep putting money in Lerners pocket by continuing to attend games, only when the ground is near empty and adverse publicity is aplenty will Lerner even contemplate moving on. Fans would serve the club better by starting an Aston villa supporters investment club and putting all their match day money into a fund to buy the club.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Dazzle wrote:I've no idea why people keep putting money in Lerners pocket by continuing to attend games, only when the ground is near empty and adverse publicity is aplenty will Lerner even contemplate moving on. Fans would serve the club better by starting an Aston villa supporters investment club and putting all their match day money into a fund to buy the club.

I agree about attending games, but then I'm not a shining example since I couldn't come up that often even if I could afford it. I'm not sure the last time I saw us win at home but I think it was a cup match a couple of years ago. I like away matches, the atmosphere's great compared to a Villa Park I've rarely seen full. There's rarely much to sing about and even when there is, most of us don't seem to know the words.

If Garde can get a team playing as well as they can - ignoring for now that's probably not enough to avoid relegation - and showing proper fight I think that's reason enough to turn up whenever possible. It's when the players let us all down, that's when the problems start. If Garde can find that starting 11 in the senior and Academy players available then they need all the support they can get. I wonder if Gestede might be a fighter for us. He's not set the PL alight so no one's going to be buying him, and if he's looking for a Championship team he doesn't have to look far. We'll get some attacking players back soon, in the shape of Ayew and Traore. Without an effective attack and a return to the goalie giving the ball straight back to the opposition whenever he gets it, our defence is screwed.

There's a difference between supporting the club and supporting its owners. I think if everyone really thought that by not turning up for two matches - season ticket or not - Lerner and the press worldwide would sit up and pay attention, but I can't see that happening.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum