The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A list of great escapes in the premiership era!!

+3
Terry Derry
Trotters
ViewFromT2
7 posters

Go down

A list of great escapes in the premiership era!! Empty A list of great escapes in the premiership era!!

Post by AstonThriller Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:53 pm

Saw this on another forum..

EXAMPLES OF TEAMS WHO HAVE BEATEN THE ODDS AND SURVIVED!!

Portsmouth 2005/06 HERE

Played= 28
Won= 4
Lost= 18
Draw= 6
Points= 18
Points behind 17th= 8

SURVIVED

West Brom 2004/05 HERE

Played= 27
Won= 2
Lost= 13
Draw= 12
Points= 18
Points behind 17th= 8

SURVIVED

Sunderland 2013/14 HERE

Played= 32
Won= 6
Lost= 19
Draw= 7
Points= 25
Points behind 17th= 7

SURVIVED

Fulham 2007/08 HERE

Played= 33
Won= 4
Lost= 17
Draw= 13
Points= 24
Points behind 17th spot= 6

SURVIVED

Leicester 2014/15 HERE

Played= 29
Won= 4
Lost= 18
Draw= 7
Points= 19
Points behind 17th= 7

SURVIVED

Bradford City 99/2000 HERE

Played= 33
Won= 6
Lost= 19
Draw= 8
Points= 26
Points behind 17th spot= 6

SURVIVED

West ham 2006/7 HERE

Played= 29
Won= 5
Lost= 19
Draw= 5
Points= 20
Points behind 17th spot= 10

SURVIVED

There's a lot of our own fans writing us off as if it's already over which i find very disappointing. The stats above prove that nothing is over until it's over. West Ham's position was as grim as it gets and yet they got out of it so why can't we?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

A list of great escapes in the premiership era!! 5_star11

Back to top Go down

A list of great escapes in the premiership era!! Empty Re: A list of great escapes in the premiership era!!

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Beer
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

A list of great escapes in the premiership era!! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

A list of great escapes in the premiership era!! Empty Re: A list of great escapes in the premiership era!!

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Great great post...has give me renewed hope....good man!

come on you villa bastards.....do it for us fans!!!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:48 pm

I wish we were facing games against the top sides until the end of January when we have fresh faces in.

If we blow the next 4 games then that's it, what we do in January won't make a blind bit of difference.

But, get 9 points from those four games and we have momentum and belief on our side*

Great bit of research, AstonThriller!

* I'm clutching at straws.
Trotters
Trotters

A list of great escapes in the premiership era!! 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Trotters wrote:I wish we were facing games against the top sides until the end of January when we have fresh faces in.

If we blow the next 4 games then that's it, what we do in January won't make a blind bit of difference.

But, get 9 points from those four games and we have momentum and belief on our side*

Great bit of research, AstonThriller!

* I'm clutching at straws.

The key is being within six or seven points of 17th by the time the window opens. Then we'll have a chance to add some quality and really make a push for things in the second half of the season. So while these next four games are important...the key is staying within touching distance until reinforcements arrive which remember should make us a stronger proposition moving forward.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:59 am

While those in power at the club aren't treating this as a situation that we can get out of, what fucking chance do we stand? The only solution is serious protests.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

A list of great escapes in the premiership era!! 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:45 am

Nothing I've seen suggests we'll get 4 points from 4 games let alone 9. There are no straws left to clutch and the fat lady his humming away, ready for her rendition of Rudolph the Fucking Useless Billionaire.

I'd love to be proved wrong... to have these words rammed down my throat by the players and manager, but, to be honest, I'm not even sure this set of players are capable of ramming scutters at Snobs let alone enough goals to get us 3 wins.
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:00 am

Rawlie wrote:Nothing I've seen suggests we'll get 4 points from 4 games let alone 9. There are no straws left to clutch and the fat lady his humming away, ready for her rendition of Rudolph the Fucking Useless Billionaire.

I'd love to be proved wrong... to have these words rammed down my throat by the players and manager, but, to be honest, I'm not even sure this set of players are capable of ramming scutters at Snobs let alone enough goals to get us 3 wins.

So basically you haven't read the evidence above where teams who were in worse positions than us have escaped? OK then Laughing
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:50 am

Surely protesting at this point is only going to aggravate the problem for the players. Shouldn't we be trying to inject a wave a positivity into the ground?
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Terry Derry wrote:While those in power at the club aren't treating this as a situation that we can get out of, what fucking chance do we stand? The only solution is serious protests.

Its useless looking at how other teams have survived if the club itself have written us off.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum