The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Revolution,when Evolution would have been better

4 posters

Go down

Revolution,when Evolution would have been better Empty Revolution,when Evolution would have been better

Post by big ming Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:03 am

Seems to me that our (probably terminal) problems this season are down to making wholesale changes to the squad intead of keeping our two best players (we didn't have to agree release clauses) and gradually introducing a couple of quality signings.
With a couple of exceptions( Richards and Gana) the new boys have not found their feet quickly enough and, even if they do, it will probably be too late.
Might as well consider trying some of the youngsters as substitutes (except Grealish who clearly has developed Billy Big Bollocks syndrome - aka Lee Hendrie) and at least get some ground work in for the Championship.
I hope to hell that the muffins currently running the club have arranged contracts with relegation clauses so that the mercenaries will quickly leave.
I don't post much anymore as my shrink says that my depression is "football related" and it is better if I can dis-associate myself from the shambles going on at VP!!!
As for Lerner....... where is there a skilled marksman with a deer rifle when you need one?
big ming

Revolution,when Evolution would have been better 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Revolution,when Evolution would have been better Empty Re: Revolution,when Evolution would have been better

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:25 am

By two best players I assume you mean Benteke and, er, Weimann? Vlaar was good in phases but was regularly injured and is in no way better than Richards, and I'd argue Okore either. Gana is a straight swap for Delph, with fewer rash challenges and yellow cards.

I know what you mean though, it's almost as if the club has bought carefully to replace the three main departing players that formed the backbone of the team (Vlaar, Delph and Benteke) but in failing to get Adebayor, only Richards came in with the kind of experience we need.

Having said that, failing to get Adebayor could be the defining moment of the season. Bring in an Austin, to play with Ayew and any from Gil, Grealish, Sinclair, Traore and so on and we have a good attack.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Revolution,when Evolution would have been better 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Revolution,when Evolution would have been better Empty Re: Revolution,when Evolution would have been better

Post by big ming Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:27 pm

I was really thinking of Benteke and Snake.

Even if we had a class striker, it seems to me that we have problems in slipping the ball through or getting good quality crosses in from wide areas.

The only real positive from yesterday (apart from the fact we didn't lose) is that they kept going for 97 minutes and looked a shade fitter. Perhaps Duverne will make a difference when we enter the post Christmas slog on heavier pitches.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Evolution, revolution....Lerner didn't care what it was as long as it didn't put a hole in his pocket.

This all stems back to MoN and how Lerner felt he had to bring in Faulkner to shake things up. That lad ballsed up everything. For sure MoN had to be roped in and was a snidey little sugarbag but once Faulkner stepped into his role, it was all downhill.

There would have been (probably still is) a lot of undoing that mess before any work of substance could have been implemented. But then, any efforts to right the worngs of the past and move forward hinge on the mighty dollar...and we don't have an owner willing to spend.

The last 5 years really have been a case of "whatever could go wrong, has" and the ultimate failure will happen at the end of this season.
Trotters
Trotters

Revolution,when Evolution would have been better 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:28 pm

In the summer the spine of our side was ripped out but not sure anything could have been done about that. Vlaar Delph and Benteke all wanted out and all had the upper hand between contracts expiring and release clauses. Whatever your view on those players they were the spine. Where we went wrong is replacing them. Benteke scored a daft % of our goals and none of the new players are able to replace that which is a part of the problem. We were a poor team before we lost those players and even if they stayed lots of investment was needed but we had a minimal net spend and the players were picked by Paddy Bloody Riley.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum