The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off

+20
achilles
VillaBill
mefromhere
EbeneezerGoode
FoxyAV
De Kuip
thegaffer6
Cha Ching
KMitch
féliré
4BetLite
jeffvilla
Synopsis
Dions_Bald_Head
villajk
Thinman
NARLA24
The Utterer
Army villain
Villa_Dan
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What is this weekend going to bring ?

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_lcap21%Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_lcap21%Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 Empty Re: Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off

Post by VillaBill Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:32 am

I thought we would lose today, so this is a bonus point, but we are getting to a stage when 1pt isn't enough, didn't see the game except MOTD but heard Veretout played well.

One observation though, it is something I noticed last week, we are not putting a man on the near post when defending corners!

I don't want to be seen as wise after the event, but obviously we wouldn't of conceded the Saints goal yesterday, this is alien to me growing up in the 70s & 80s, get men on each post, simple!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 Empty Re: Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off

Post by achilles Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:42 am

VillaBill wrote:I thought we would lose today, so this is a bonus point, but we are getting to a stage when 1pt isn't enough, didn't see the game except MOTD but heard Veretout played well.

One observation though, it is something I noticed last week, we are not putting a man on the near post when defending corners!

I don't want to be seen as wise after the event, but obviously we wouldn't of conceded the Saints goal yesterday, this is alien to me growing up in the 70s & 80s, get men on each post, simple!

I really can't understand this idea of not putting players on the posts when defending corners, just because it is old hat doesn't mean that it doesn't work... it does!!!!! Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 1715320296
achilles
achilles

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:59 pm

achilles wrote:
VillaBill wrote:I thought we would lose today, so this is a bonus point, but we are getting to a stage when 1pt isn't enough, didn't see the game except MOTD but heard Veretout played well.

I really can't understand this idea of not putting players on the posts when defending corners, just because it is old hat doesn't mean that it doesn't work... it does!!!!! Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 1715320296

Ian Dowie was co-commentating on the broadcast I watched and he made that point a number of times and not just corners. He was saying we weren't covering that area at all for any set pieces into the box.

One thing that did disappoint me about how Garde went about his work yesterday was the subs. We rode our luck, got a goal up very much against the run of play, rode our luck again at the start of the second half and were still in front by the hour mark. That's the time we should have gone pro-active with our subs rather than let Koeman get his on first. Yes, it's armchair manager stuff but that's what I was urging from my armchair and I think I was right.
ember
ember

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:07 pm

I didn't think we would get anything against the saints but I'm pleased we got at least a point.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:36 pm

I think most would have taken a point before hand but as was said on the previous page by KMitch, anything but a win now feels like a loss.

Garde fucked up the substitutions royally. But I'm more disturbed by HOW we are playing; it's like watching a cup game with a lower league side against CL opposition and they know they've absolutely no chance so just sit back and wait for the inevitable.

Jesus, we could (and should) have been 5 or 6 down by 15 minutes. Southampton fans would have been dismayed at the number of opportunities blazed over, wide and straight at Guzan.

We need to build confidence in the Arsenal game by limited what could be a cricket score to maybe just one goal. Then go get some points in the next half dozen games. There are a couple of "6-pointers" in there...lose those and it's definitely all over.
Trotters
Trotters

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:57 am

Having watched Arsenal v Sunderland this morning I'm not as worried about them as I am about Leicester. They miss Cazorla and Sanchez and if it hadn't been for Ozil and Cech they would have lost. Maybe, just maybe - a bit of luck might go our way.
WendyOz
WendyOz

Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 5th December 3pm kick off - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum