The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

November Positivity Metre

+5
FoxyAV
DelboyVilla
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
Trotters
9 posters

Go down

November Positivity Metre Empty November Positivity Metre

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:51 am

So, we've a new manager in who very quickly decided on the best side to put out...a side that (pretty much) all of us wanted to see.
Not only that but he actually had them keeping possession of the ball like it was a useful part of the actual game and killed enough time to prevent the best team in the league from scoring.

You know, tactics. It's been a while, huh?

On the flip side, we were all quite happy with Sherwood when he took over too, so maybe it's all a bit flash-in-the-pan.

The one thing I'm REALLY hopeful about is that Remi has negotiated with Lerner to spend a bit of money come the opening of the next window. I just cannot believe he'd come to a club that was a shadow of its former self (which was already a shadow of its former self) whilst at the foot of the league without a promise of money being made available. He just doesn't strike me as a manager with no other options.

Given that we have an international break and a bit of time for our new manager to work with his players, how do you feel about the weeks leading up to Xmas and our overall chances of survival?
Trotters
Trotters

November Positivity Metre 5_star13

Back to top Go down

November Positivity Metre Empty Re: November Positivity Metre

Post by NARLA24 Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:08 am

Feeling very positive for some strange reason. I think that is partly to do with the breath of fresh air that has blown in since Garde arrived. His demenour is one of a quietly confident man, not a brash gungho wideboy.
The extended international break will give Garde a good long time to work with the different players and find out who he wants and who will never wear the Claret and Blue shirt as long as he has a crack in his arse.
Promising times ahead and yes, i feel a lot more confident of survival now he is with us.
Big risk for him to come here, put his reputation on the line only to fail miserably and put a black mark against his name. He knows what he is doing but he will not do it with any attitude. Calmly and effectively going about his business, keeping the mainstream media as far away as possible. Off course, he is duty bound to give pre match pressers and i expect these to be very straight and to the point. Media over here is a different animal to most other countries and not one that i think Garde will have much time for.
The future is bright and Garlic and Bread is the way forward, i've seen it.
UTV
NARLA24
NARLA24

November Positivity Metre 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:36 am

My confidence in our survival went through the roof on Sunday, a few days later and I'm still feeling a glimmer of hope. 4 points out of Everton and Watford and I will be buzzing, even 3 points with a close loss at Goodison and I will still fancy our chances.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

November Positivity Metre 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:05 am

We have to pick up 3 wins from this point to the turn of the year, imo, to give ourselves the chance of survival. We have to get to something around 15-17pts for the start of the new year and cannot afford to lose anymore games to rivals around us at the bottom. Every game should be targeting a win, but special attention has to be placed on winning games against Watford, Newcastle, West Ham, and Norwich. It's imperative we do not lose the Newcastle game. January looks like being a huge month for us with the games in that month and any signings coming in. If we're not out of the bottom 3 by end of February I think we've had it.
Dazzle
Dazzle

November Positivity Metre 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:12 am

The first game of the Garde era has given us hope. If we can pick up some wins and keep in touch with the teams around us by Xmas then I think we have a great chance of surviving. This hope will be raised further if in January we can pick up a goal scorer and a keeper.

Positivity is on the way up however there is still lots of work for Garde to do but he gives the impression he is well aware of this which is more than the last guy ever did.
DelboyVilla

November Positivity Metre 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:27 am

I'm quite positive, and despite most statistics going against us I think we can survive.

But for that to happen I think a few signings, keeper and striker is imperative. I'd like a RB as well

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm much more positive. It was clear from the end of last year Sherwood was trying to learn as he went along, and the team selection, formation and substitutions left a lot to be desired. I've not been a fan of N'Zogbia but Garde giving him a chance shows he's willing to field players on merit, not just experience.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ayew play as the main striker, and against lesser teams than ManC we might see him do better. I also wonder if we'll see Gabby back as a sub on the left side, where he can use his pace and strength towards the end of a match. If Kozak doesn't make an appearance soon we'll know there really is something up, I hope he is able to play though.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

November Positivity Metre 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Apart from 'Orrible October I'm as positive as ever - so much potential in the team (with an addition or two come January). Of course we're only ever a few serious injuries away from disaster but the important thing is that seems to be a positive air - or as Remi would say; there's less sadness.

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Anyone know if Okore has seen any reserve team action? Slight digression, but whatever

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:29 am

Joppe84 wrote:Anyone know if Okore has seen any reserve team action? Slight digression, but whatever
Dunno. Seems to have gone into the shadows Joppe
NARLA24
NARLA24

November Positivity Metre 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:20 am

Wink meter

Andyh
Andyh

November Positivity Metre 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:04 pm

With Amavi our for the season I'm not so confident about survival anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:57 pm

Time so see Crespo or Ilori in at emergency left back
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:11 pm

I think this means we need a left back in January. If Richardson get injured we're fucked. Get a left back in to be backup for Amavi and replace Richardson in the long run.

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:16 pm

Ilori has played there for Portugal apparently. Better thank Clark Lescott or Richardson for me. Give the guy a chance!

We've also got Bennett and Cissokho out on loan we could recall.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Apart from 'Orrible October I'm as positive as ever - so much potential in the team (with an addition or two come January). Of course we're only ever a few serious injuries away from disaster but the important thing is that seems to be a positive air - or as Remi would say; there's less sadness.

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

Me & my big mouth..... November Positivity Metre 226846862
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum