The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant!

+11
Lazarus
avfc85
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
DomAVFC
ErdingtonVilla
De Kuip
Trotters
ViewFromT2
NARLA24
KMitch
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! Empty Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant!

Post by avfc85 Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:30 pm

First off I'm absolutely sick of reading about this group, every other match day one of these clowns are being ejected from the ground for being aggressive towards stewards. They then decide to cry like babies about how the club is mistreating them and how they should be treated special as they are vocally supporting the team, It is in black & white for everyone to see "No Constant standing or you will be ejected from the ground". It's quite funny really I'm 30 years old and have been to VP plenty of times, yet have never had any confrontation or ever been ejected by a steward, how come the same group of people always seem to get into bother.

This group seems to be mainly made up of lads born in the 90's, who don't like to follow rules and feel they have an entitlement to act how they like because they follow Villa - unfortunately they obviously have never understood rules and the purpose of them.

When I am watching Villa, I fully engage in the game, singing, getting up when the ball is near the goal and the like but I do it in unity with other fans, I never ever believe I am more special than any other supporter and would never intentionally upset other fans by my actions its just who I am. I am 6'3 so there is not many times when my view is obstructed unfortunately my wife is only 5'1 and I have encountered many times where other fans have to constantly try to stand which ends up blocking her view it's just not right. I have had fans tell me if you don't like it then try sitting in Trinity etc, sorry no set of morons are telling me where to sit when it clearly states VP is a seated stadium and constant standing is prohibited.

I was quite amazed a woman on twitter has posted a letter from the club stating that her season ticket has been revoked for 3 games because of constant standing, she has told everyone that her son loses out now as he won't be able to go without her, Let's get real this woman can't follow simple rules and has now cost her son enjoyment just because her ego is bigger than her brain.

I would just like to say I am fully behind safe standing and will always encourage goods ideas of support but I will not agree with fans that constantly break rules which are clearly in place and abuse people who are trying to do a job, it's wrong!
avfc85
avfc85

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! Empty Re: Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Fucking ridiculous that you can't stand for 90 min at a football match. And people wonder why football is turning shit.

Really is no wonder people don't show up at Villa Park anymore. Swear all this commercial bullshit regarding the top flight football has ripped out the very essence of what going to a match is about.

Personally I find it utter moronic to go to a football match and complain about people standing up and singing.

Last edited by Joppe84 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! Empty Re: Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant!

Post by NARLA24 Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:19 pm

Safe standing asap please
NARLA24
NARLA24

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:00 pm

I'm a full advocate for safe standing and believe people should be standing and singing if sat in the Holte End or lower North next to the away fans. There's plenty of seats elsewhere if you want to sit and chill. 

THAT BEING SAID, I'm not a supporter of Brigada at all. They've purposely blocked the views of kids behind them, assaulted OTHER VILLA FANS in the Holte who've asked them to sit down or move so kids could see, and I've known 1 occasion where one of their rabble punched a woman who objected to their behaviour. They are wannabe football hooligan gobshites. I remember once threatening to launch a self-described member of the Villa Youth through a window if he didn't fuck off and stop being a cnut in a boozer in town. I imagine all the Brigada lot to be of a similar ilk. 

Safe standing and an atmosphere? YES!
Cunty Brigada woman-beaters? NO!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I'm a full advocate for safe standing and believe people should be standing and singing if sat in the Holte End or lower North next to the away fans. There's plenty of seats elsewhere if you want to sit and chill. 

THAT BEING SAID, I'm not a supporter of Brigada at all. They've purposely blocked the views of kids behind them, assaulted OTHER VILLA FANS in the Holte who've asked them to sit down or move so kids could see, and I've known 1 occasion where one of their rabble punched a woman who objected to their behaviour. They are wannabe football hooligan gobshites. I remember once threatening to launch a self-described member of the Villa Youth through a window if he didn't fuck off and stop being a cnut in a boozer in town. I imagine all the Brigada lot to be of a similar ilk. 

Safe standing and an atmosphere? YES!
Cunty Brigada woman-beaters? NO!

Just to add to this someone on twitter mentioned that quite a few people stand in the lower north but because they unite and haven't caused issues they have been able to do this, the problem in the lower holte is as you say members of the Brigada and the like are blocking children, woman and others view, then start to abuse others and stewards plenty of video's around to show this. The last home game I went to was Sunderland, I was sitting in the Trinity next to the lower Holte about 20-30 idiots constantly stood up singing blocking people's view when the stewards asked them to sit they just began to abuse them and the police, a couple were ejected.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:06 pm

I  think it's a tough situation really and not being next to them, I'm probably not really qualified to comment, but I will anyway!

I actually admire what they are trying to do - there's a growing network of ultras - not hoolies (although I'm not saying there aren't a few casuals dotted in these groups) who are seeing what goes on in mostly European clubs (although Palace's HF Ultras do a great job at Selhurst) and want to bring some of that passion and colour to English football.

The amount of times I've been to foreign matches in Europe and just looked at the madness of the ultras and thought "I'd love to be in the middle of that lot".

Brigada have genuinely tried to have a dialogue with AVFC to get moved to a place where they can do what they do with less disruption to those around them, but the club have refused to respond and in fact have tried to prevent more STs being sold in that area to prevent the growth of the Ultras.

VP is too often a mausoleum anyway - the more atmosphere there is, the more I like it - our away support is like day and night compared to some of our home support.

The problem is that they are trying to do what they do in an area where it previously didn't exist, next to people who don't want it. They are on a hiding to nothing though as by-laws (with regards to standing) and laws preventing things like pyro are never going to let them do what they want to do.

But, if you asked me would I rather VP be like Selhurst, the yes, fuck yes, I wish it was a tribal, intimidating, edgy fortress of a place for away teams and fans to visit.

I definitely don't condone any violence (and I'm disgusted to hear about that guy hitting a woman) because I know that part of most Ultras' mission statement (I mean wider than just Villa) is supposed to be a non-violent/non-political stand point, although as in everything you can't legislate for horrible little bastards attaching themselves to these groups.

It's also a problem because Brigada 1874 are so small a group in regards to the total number of supporters at VP, whereas when I go to watch Rapid, half the ground is made up of various Ultras, but the club works with them and any local laws about standing/pyro etc is either not in place or a blind eye is turned. In fact, even as a RV supporter, you can't just roll up and buy a ticket on the day for the "Fanzone", you have to go in the unrestricted areas where all the families are. Like them or loath them, the Ultras are a very big part of Euro clubs and I think they'll only increase here. I'm not saying they are a good thing in the wider scheme of family based support (that's why they are so separated abroad) and you may not like them, but the atmosphere and noise is something to behold when they have a critical mass of Ultras in the ground, as at Rapid.

I think in this country ultras groups are fighting against the atmosphere-vacuum of all seating - christ it's shit, and since the day it was introduced I've absolutely despised it and always will - problem is in this country it's all about the establishment telling us plebs to "sit down and shut up" in all walks of life - football just mirrors that oppression - problem is fighting against non-standing laws by, well, standing, just won't work, the system is too powerful. Next they'll be using anti-terrorism legislation to charge people for not sitting down, you watch, I wouldn't put it past the fuckers!

Rant over.

Edit note - I put those little Hitler emojis at the end of my rant but I'm changing them for a proper rant icon ha ha.............

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! 687474703a2f2f7275737369617472656b2e6f72672f626c6f672f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f323031312f30342f736f766965742d73706163652d70726f6772616d2d70726f706167616e64612d706f737465722d31302e6a7067

Last edited by De Kuip on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:53 pm

They have been going a fair while now but their numbers have not grown which says a lot about what people think of them. They could go in the North Stand and stand up in there. That area is built on a former terrace so has not got a steep angle. You have to stand. They make plenty of racket in there as well. That is my recommendation to Brigada.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:17 pm

A group of grown blokes calling themselves "Brigada" says it all to me...bunch of c-nuts!!!

Grow up ffs....avfc85 has it spot on in my view!

Bit sad really that the extent of their rebellion against society is standing at a football match!!!! and threatening the weaker ones around them that complain. I don't wanna be associated with these muppets, buncha bellends!!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:06 am

I agree with most, if not all, of the sentiments expressed on here to be honest.

I very much want to see safe standing, but standing up and punching women and intimidating anybody who disagrees with you in an area where families often sit is certainly not the way to do it! I've only really been going to football games since 2010, so have only ever known the all-seated system, but crikey, the difference that you can see in many continental games in terms of atmosphere is simply incredible!

As an aside, that rant picture De Kuip has used is a pretty good one. The text reads "Glory to the Soviet People - the Pioneers of Space!" At the top of the picture, the stars each represent Vostok rockets 1, 2, 3 and 4, launched in April 1961, August 1961, August 1962 and August 1962 again respectively.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:41 am

This is Dom and his missus...

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! FX_The_Americans_Keri_Matth
Trotters
Trotters

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:38 am

Trotters wrote:

Nah... This is them...

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! 1171768-boris_and_natasha_1
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9zIlkEsK-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Lqs1y4vXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc2lK4Vu8Ek
Just a couple of examples of how it should be done imv. Big debate about political ideals etc and i will do some more research before making an arse of myself but i would love to see this sort of thing at VP.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:01 am

Have to add...I'm all for an approved safe standing section at villa park...no problem with that, I spent most of my teenage years standing on the holte.....but until that day comes, they need to put up, or shut up. simple!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:11 am

Trotters wrote:

Nah lads, you've all got it wrong, this is my missus:

Brigada 1874 and Standing - The Rant! 7adf5ca0-df6f-11e4-b28c-a3acb8ad1c8a_Kelly-Brook-bikini
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:23 am

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:46 pm

DomAVFC wrote:As an aside, that rant picture De Kuip has used is a pretty good one. The text reads "Glory to the Soviet People - the Pioneers of Space!" At the top of the picture, the stars each represent Vostok rockets 1, 2, 3 and 4, launched in April 1961, August 1961, August 1962 and August 1962 again respectively.

Now if you'd have asked me I'd have told you ha ha - not because I'm fluent in Russian but because I spent 20 mins on Google translate with the Cyrillic keyboard translating it in case it was a mock-up and the russian words were something really bad! They weren't, they were as Dom says. Didn't know Vostok meant East or Orient either, maybe Leyton Orient should change their name to Leyton Vostok to sound a bit more interesting Laughing

Anyway, can this be our new rant icon pleeeeese?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by exiled brummie Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Glad that Villa are taking action against the so called Brigada 1874 who's main purpose seems to be acting as recruiting agents for the UAF and other left wing organisations , not supporting Villa.
Their real motivation is to try to become the vocal leaders of the Holte end , they tell you when you can sing , when you can't , when you can stand and when you can't , when you can leave the ground and when you can't , like they are some kind of Communist dictatorship .
They try to act as spokespersons for the fans to the club , designating themselves as the self styled and ridiculously sounding "SINGING SECTION" (thank God that bloody drum has gone!) we don't need instructions on how to support our club , passion is spontaneous and comes from the heart , you cannot plan to promote passion just as an artist cannot produce a master piece by painting by numbers , it's instinctive.
When political groups attempt to further their cause by subterfuge by using the club as a Trojan horse to further their political aims then they run the risk of their political opponents also bringing their influence into the ground and where does that lead ? Politics should be left outside the turn style and not brought into the ground.
exiled brummie
exiled brummie

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:55 pm

A disappointing by-product of Brigada has been I've discovered the MOMS blog on Facebook is heavily ingrained with Brigada, to the point where he screams down any and all criticisms of them - he happily ignores the rumours of violence towards other Villa fans and strenuously defended the incident where a Brigada member glassed another Villa fan who was unarmed and on his own (witnessed by multiple sources). 

I used to like his site but has definitely gone down in my estimations
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:14 pm

Welcome Exiled Brummie. Good to have your opinion.

I've noticed on twitter, Dan, that MOMS is very pro-brigada. There didn't appear to be a balanced view of them....just full blown support regardless of any off-colour events.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Trotters wrote:There didn't appear to be a balanced view of them....just full blown support regardless of any off-colour events.

Check out his facebook post about them being ejected from the ground and you'll see me replying to him repeatedly along with a handful of others. He demanded we provide evidence (on a Facebook comments section), then defended his losing argument with an example of a Brigada member being attacked at Wembley. He proceeded to block the lad who asked him if he's any evidence of that incident! Bit of a cnut
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by exiled brummie Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi lads , yeah I noticed to that MOMS and Brigada keep backing each other up and it's a typical left wing ploy to infiltrate other media in order to create the impression of populism for their cause . With only 20-30 members they seem to create more noise than they are capable of from their numbers , what with the flags , banners , web sites and organisation but then they have all of the far left umbrella groups helping them out .
Doing some research on the Brigada I read a news letter where they claimed that "Villa fans attacked the EDL in Birmingham" which gives the impression that all the Villa fans were involved instead of just maybe a dozen or so of these rentamob activists masquerading as Villa fans.
This is their real agenda , politicising football fans and guiding them in the direction which they want them to go , bringing in banners bearing slogans like "villa fans welcome Syrian refugees" which they tried to do at Leicester.
Now I don't know what peoples personal feelings are regarding Syrian migrants arriving into this country but I do not believe that Aston Villa is the place for such a discussion , Villa Park is where I go to to escape the world and indulge myself in my 58 year obsession with Claret & Blue and I despise anyone who tries to hijack our team for selfish political expediency.
exiled brummie
exiled brummie

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Christ! Wish I hadn't used the communist propaganda poster at the end of my rant now - that's me told!!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Some great posts, I must admit I won't be sitting in Lower Holte any time soon, I don't want the hassle I just want to support my team, I'm quite appalled that older generation fans on twitter are trying to defend actions of fans that have blatantly in sighted trouble it's truly sad.

I get the whole standing argument and the improvement in atmosphere and I really hope things change over the next few years, but if people are going to defend others breaking rules, being abusive, aggressive and deciding for themselves what they can do at VP then I for one do not want to associate or be any part of it.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:04 pm

exiled brummie wrote:Hi lads , yeah I noticed to that MOMS and Brigada keep backing each other up and it's a typical left wing ploy to infiltrate other media in order to create the impression of populism for their cause . With only 20-30 members they seem to create more noise than they are capable of from their numbers , what with the flags , banners , web sites and organisation but then they have all of the far left umbrella groups helping them out .
Doing some research on the Brigada I read a news letter where they claimed that "Villa fans attacked the EDL in Birmingham" which gives the impression that all the Villa fans were involved instead of just maybe a dozen or so of these rentamob activists masquerading as Villa fans.
This is their real agenda , politicising football fans and guiding them in the direction which they want them to go , bringing in banners bearing slogans like "villa fans welcome Syrian refugees" which they tried to do at Leicester.
Now I don't know what peoples personal feelings are regarding Syrian migrants arriving into this country but I do not believe that Aston Villa is the place for such a discussion , Villa Park is where I go to to escape the world and indulge myself in my 58 year obsession with Claret & Blue and I despise anyone who tries to hijack our team for selfish political expediency.

Another excEllent post. The letter that the club wrote to the Villa Trust was as good as anything that I have heard from them for years.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:19 pm

This discussion makes no sense to me.

At first some fans got bothered by the stewards cause they were standing and singing. At a football match.

Then people are making it into being about left wing nutters and EDL.

Confused doesn't even cover it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum