The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread?

+3
De Kuip
smetro
ember
7 posters

Go down

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? Empty Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread?

Post by ember Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:25 am

Self-explanatory, really. There was a thread here yesterday discussing a serious current issue and associated issues and consequences. It's not here now, seemingly deleted. Who would do that and why? :?:
ember
ember

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? Empty Re: Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread?

Post by smetro Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:31 am

I was wondering the same....
smetro
smetro

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? Empty Re: Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread?

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:33 am

I thought Trotters was going to move it to off topic.

Maybe someone put something over the top so he's pulled the whole thing til it can be sorted?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:38 am

I thought it was a good thread - and I particularly liked - as said by Trotters - that despite varying opinions and points of view, people were brilliant in not ripping in to each other. A lot of the posts gave me food for thought, and although a non-Villa thread, it caused some lively debate.

That's why I only ever post on TBAR - very, very rare that someone directly slaughters someone else for a difference of opinion.

Anyway, don't want to recreate it by proxy, so I'll hang on and find out what happened Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:42 am

I think it was down to the fact it moved from a discussing about the refugee crisis from Syria to describing groups of people from a certain racial dynamic as "vermin" 

Can't really expect that to be just overlooked by the guys.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:52 am

As Dan said there were some, shall we call them, off colour comments that we just can't have on here for any number of reasons. Topic has been shelved.

A shame as there were indeed some interesting comments and a few opinions that warranted further investigation.

If anyone has any issues, please feel free to PM me directly to discuss. Ta.
Trotters
Trotters

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:10 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I think it was down to the fact it moved from a discussing about the refugee crisis from Syria to describing groups of people from a certain racial dynamic as "vermin" 

Can't really expect that to be just overlooked by the guys.

Exactly. The amount of rascist bile some of the guys came with there. Shocking.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:22 am

I was going to sit down and spend some time reading it but it was gone before I had a chance. I did flick through and see it was amusingly (and refreshingly) polite, in the sense that any other forum on any topic whatsoever would have people shouting at each other.

One thing that always confuses me about racism in football, with many teams now with a third or half black players, why does anyone with any kind of racist opinion watch?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:54 am

FoxyAV wrote:One thing that always confuses me about racism in football, with many teams now with a third or half black players, why does anyone with any kind of racist opinion watch?

Two reasons:

Cognitive Dissonance

They're Idiots.

MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Why happened to the "refugees welcome thread? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:15 am

FoxyAV wrote:I was going to sit down and spend some time reading it but it was gone before I had a chance. I did flick through and see it was amusingly (and refreshingly) polite, in the sense that any other forum on any topic whatsoever would have people shouting at each other.

One thing that always confuses me about racism in football, with many teams now with a third or half black players, why does anyone with any kind of racist opinion watch?

Yeah... is booing a black guy on one team, whilst cheering for a black guy on your own team really racism ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum