The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Internationals

+9
DomAVFC
andrew24561
DelboyVilla
Saunders82
De Kuip
KMitch
VillaBill
4BetLite
UnclePanda
13 posters

Go down

Internationals Empty Internationals

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:48 am

I've been a bit cheeky starting this thread up to discuss the international games as there's an ulterior motive behind it. And that was to post this...

Internationals Image
Trotters
Trotters

Internationals 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Internationals Empty Re: Internationals

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:03 am

Trotters
Trotters

Internationals 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:26 am

Honestly I'd rather have Gueye than Delph and I don't care what Delph says or does, he's lost all respect we could ever have had for him.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Internationals 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Delph is history as far as I am concerned. I hope this is the last time he is called upto an England squad, and rots in Citeh reserves.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Internationals 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:41 pm

I hate international breaks, I wanna watch Villa, BORED!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Internationals 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:46 pm

I used to love watching England matches as a kid. Now I'm just cynicle about it all and the shitty FA.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Internationals 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:49 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I used to love watching England matches as a kid. Now I'm just cynicle about it all and the shitty FA.

I am exactly the same, growing up for me England and Villa were on a par for excitement and I would love to watch both as the years have gone on and money has ruined the game, I really couldnt give a toss about England and tbh find the international breaks boring and hideous and just can't wait for Villa to be playing again.

For Delph, I really think we need to let it go now, I'm not being funny but Delph was a good player in an extremely average outfit, the goals ratio he scored especially the freedom he had and the positions he got into was terrible and I think Gana will just keep getting better.
avfc85
avfc85

Internationals 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:32 pm

I think back to the 1990 World Cup semi, that was my best and worst time as a football fan, I don't know if we will ever get that close again, imagine if England ever did win the Euro or the World Cup, the whole country would come to a standstill!

As for the other, I see he has got used to sitting on his arse, Fabian who?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Internationals 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Ugh...  Am I the only one who hates the international break?  I don't mind watching international footy but it's just not the same as Villa...
KMitch
KMitch

Internationals 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:11 pm

I do as well but in this case it is probably a blessing in disguise given a couple of key injuries for us and tube newness of the team - that extra week might help.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Internationals 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:12 pm

The not tube stupid phone....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Internationals 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:06 pm

I don't even think about the snake now, lets keep it that way. Very Happy
Saunders82
Saunders82

Internationals 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Can't wait for the Leicester game
Saunders82
Saunders82

Internationals 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:37 am

Hate watching England now as it is a pointless exercise. They breeze through qualifying playing rubbish teams from the new Europe where they are not tested. Hodgson is an awful manager who only picks from the reserve sides of the Sky 4 and they play boring football under him.

When the actual tournament comes round we know England are going to lose to the first half decent team they play and will be catching the plane home weeks before the final.

It's a total irrelevance now day's as Delph et al should look at Milner. Didn't stay at Mancity to sit on the bench, he moved to a team that won't win the league for the foreseeable and gets to start the game. Winning a medal whilst providing zero contribution to the team must feel hollow?
DelboyVilla

Internationals 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Hodgson and Capello were awful picks by the FA, I don't think McClaren is a bad manager but I think the job was just too big for him.

Only when Hodgson's hand was forced by the retirements of Terry, Gerrard and Lampard did he start to freshen up the team.

I would rather give the job to someone younger up and coming that wouldnt be afraid to make changes but at the same time how much does the FA influence on squad picks especially when the same superstars get put in either when they've been dreadful for England year after year, especially in major tournaments.

Hodgson doesn't inspire someone like me, how is he going to inspire a group of professional football players that are tainted by money.
avfc85
avfc85

Internationals 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm no Snake fan, but I do think we should let it go now, I might even add that maybe were all wrong and he's being unfairly slated, stay with me on this, Delph turned down the move, Sherwoods transfer plans revolved around the Delph and Benteke money knowing Lerner was going to give him sweet f@!k all, told Fox/ Lerner that Delph had got to go and the snake carried all the baggage. Just a possible scenario worth considering.
andrew24561
andrew24561

Internationals 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:21 pm

andrew24561 wrote:I'm no Snake fan, but I do think we should let it go now, I might even add that maybe were all wrong and he's being unfairly slated, stay with me on this, Delph turned down the move, Sherwoods transfer plans revolved around the Delph and Benteke money knowing Lerner was going to give him sweet f@!k all, told Fox/ Lerner that  Delph had got to go and the snake carried all the baggage. Just a possible scenario worth considering.

That's certainly a possiblity! I agree that we should let it go now really. That said, he really ought to have refunded the kids who got shirts with his name and/or number on them after he initially said he was staying! Not that that would happen in modern football of course.

Internationals 1015550615
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Internationals 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:26 pm

andrew24561 wrote:I'm no Snake fan, but I do think we should let it go now, I might even add that maybe were all wrong and he's being unfairly slated, stay with me on this, Delph turned down the move, Sherwoods transfer plans revolved around the Delph and Benteke money knowing Lerner was going to give him sweet f@!k all, told Fox/ Lerner that  Delph had got to go and the snake carried all the baggage. Just a possible scenario worth considering.

If that was the case Delph would of gone in the first instance, the club wanted to keep Delph but he wanted to leave do you really think he would of kept quiet if that was the case considering the abuse he took, he wanted the money with the misses's blessing.
avfc85
avfc85

Internationals 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:51 pm

I actually care nothing at all why Delph left. I figured the move was stupid to turn down. 

But HOW he moved matters. He lied. To the club and the fans, when he made that statement about his loyalty and how much he wanted to stay at Villa. Maybe that statement was written by someone at the club but it doesn't matter, the words came out of his mouth. 

Also, didn't Sherwood say just a matter of days before Delph left just how important Delph was to him and the team? I'm all for TS lying to the press but making himself look stupid knowing he was going to force Delph out?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Internationals 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:47 am

I lost interest in England at the 2010 World Cup, the one where Heskey played. That was when Lambert and Lalana were having a lot of fun at Southampton and I seem to recall Ashley Young was doing alright for us too but wasn't selected. Hell, even Scott Sinclair was playing well and on his way to helping Swansea to promotion. A lot of the players seemed disinterested and it was as if we needed a big injection of younger and in form players and not just as has been already mentioned, ones selected just because they were in the top four.

Last edited by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too early to get sentences straight.)
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Internationals 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:17 am

Sinclair: if players are picked on merit.....
Trotters
Trotters

Internationals 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum