The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Time added on

+4
4BetLite
avfc85
villabromsgrove
VTID85
8 posters

Go down

Time added on Empty Time added on

Post by South London Villan Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:10 pm

I thought it might be usefull to analyse the time added on and see if there are any trends,

yesterday against Bournemouth we had an additional 1 minute in the first half which was fair enough no incident of note but in the second half there was 5 minutes. I don't remember the physio coming on for either side, half a minute per sub and goal gives 3 minutes.

Just watched the Liverpuddle game against Stoke and they had 3 minutes time added on yet in the 2nd half quite a nasty clash of heads that took up a couple of minutes at least, if we got 5 minutes that game should have bern equal to or more.

Any thoughts or observations? Especially as we are so vulnerable in the final few minutes.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Time added on 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Time added on Empty Re: Time added on

Post by VTID85 Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:17 pm

I thought it odd at the time, the cynic in me said there was interest in Bournemouth having a bit of time to equalise.....
VTID85

Time added on 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:22 pm

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england_2015&teamid=36

Last season, 33 goals conceded in the second half, 18 of which were in the minutes 76-90.

We cannot afford too much added on time.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Time added on 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Wasn't Richard Scudamore sat next to the Bournemouth Chairman cheering them on? Hasn't there been a Premier League love in with the Cherries?

Even Sky were counting on us losing .... their Goals on Sunday programme had pre booked two Bournemouth players (Elphick and Francis) for this morning's show, obviously to chat about beating Villa.

That 'five minutes' added on was an attempt at giving Bournemouth at least a chance of drawing.

Bloody Villa went and ruined it .... we will probably be fined for the fat bloke falling over the barrier!
villabromsgrove

Time added on 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Well it's a strange one. There was 6 subs, so that's 3 minutes. Where the two remaining came from I don't know. There was one minor injury where the medic came on.

Didn't make much sense.

The biggest problem for me is consistency. I don't mind them giving 30 seconds per sub as they are supposed to do according to the rules. I don't mind clocking extra time if there's injuries. But then they have to be consistent about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:18 pm

I expected 3mins max as was mentioned goal and subs but 5 was just a joke as no incident happened.
avfc85
avfc85

Time added on 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:27 pm

I'm sure that the process of intimidation of a referee so that his time piece will become confused during a game was invented by a Scotsman circa 1986.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Time added on 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:54 pm

It wil be interesting to see how this develops throughout the season and how costly it could be.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Time added on 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:45 pm

South London Villan wrote:It wil be interesting to see how this develops throughout the season and how costly it could be.

There definitely is a bias with regards to extra time in this league. Media darling teams will get more extra time than the others.
KMitch
KMitch

Time added on 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:54 pm

South London Villan
South London Villan

Time added on 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:17 am

Bournemouth can't even scratch the surface of how big Villa are so it's not so much BIG clubs, more"Flavour of the month" (although I grant you that, for the most part, these groups are one and the same).

When I saw the 5 flash up on the 4th referees board I concluded that Scudamore had a hand in it, seeing that he and the Bournemouth chairman looked very buddy-buddy.

So to that end, just where the fuck was our owner and CEO at the time?

We've got a London manager, a London assistant manager with links to the biggest clubs dahn sahf and a well connected American CEO so I'd like to think that we're thinking like a big club and are trying to influence the decision makers to the benefit of this club.

We were the founders of the football league and the most influential club in the country. Now we're being overshadowed by the suits at AFC Bournemouth!!!!

I sent an email to Tom Fox when I'd finally run out of patience with Lambert and illustrated to him how we were once the light that showed the way and he was courteous enough to reply that he was fully in agreement and that he'd recently pointed out my exact words to a potential sponsor.

It would seem, however, that the board still hasn't come to grips - despite the oft-repeated comments that this is a massive club - of just how influencial Aston Villa should be in the world of football.
Trotters
Trotters

Time added on 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:13 pm

I think we've become a nothing team in the eyes of the football world. The media, fans in general, Administrators and officials have this subconscious reaction .... "it's only Aston Villa". It makes us an easy target.
villabromsgrove

Time added on 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:59 pm

I don't think there's an agenda against where by a referee is corrupt enough to add time so the other team has a chance to score. Surely if we take a step back we can all see that's a little far fetched? Right? Or do we think it actually happens?

I'd like to see it added in real time, ie as the ref stops his watch and time is then allocated, I'd like to see it on the scoreboard as it adds up for every stoppage. Surely easy to do and very transparent? Also give the job to someone else other than the ref. He has enough to do in today's over analysed footie.

The naive/innocent person in me wants to think it's just one man's interpretation of events by his own watch (amongst all the madness a game offers) and not some elaborate ploy to cheat.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Time added on 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Man Utd at home.

Goal conceded, no incidents requiring medical attention, no real stoppages, 1 minute added to 1st half
South London Villan
South London Villan

Time added on 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:35 pm

Lots of time wasting, 5 subs, 3 minutes added on.
4 would have been fairer.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Time added on 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Could have added on 70, Mike Dean would still not give us a free kick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum