The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa

+16
Mazrim
andrew24561
B62 Villa
The Utterer
TED
Chicken
Fpuppys
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
danclare82
Thinman
KMitch
smetro
4BetLite
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
villabromsgrove
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa

Post by James_Curtis Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:17 pm

You should never read into pre season games- I understand why people are but the fact is we have only won 2 out of the last 10 final pre season friendly games- but generally Villa start the season well.

Remember United beat Real Madrid last pre season and started the season poorly. It is nothing but fitness gains.

Richards may look shaky at the back but until tested in a competitive scenario with real pressure to determine his mind set he cannot be fully judged in my opinion. O
James_Curtis

Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Saw this on a Forest forum and thought I'd drop it here as the away support today was good.

Forest fan wrote:Plenty of positives here, we were mustard first half hour & played with real positivity, but seemed to take our foot off the gas & revert to a more defensive style allowing Villa take over. Thought Swansea were better than Villa. Although the Villa away support was fucking impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:27 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Saw this on a Forest forum and thought I'd drop it here as the away support today was good.

Forest fan wrote:Plenty of positives here, we were mustard first half hour & played with real positivity, but seemed to take our foot off the gas & revert to a more defensive style allowing Villa take over. Thought Swansea were better than Villa. Although the Villa away support was fucking impressive.

Should act as a hint that we want to play friendlies infront of a home crowd!
James_Curtis

Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Very excited now for the new season, of course Tim has been trying things in pre season and has no doubt learned a fair bit about certain players.

Defence remains a concern and i have to say i would like to see Senderos back to add some solidity back there. He was a mainstay during our purple patch at the start of last season lets not forget and he adds height and experience in abundance. I would like to see a Richards, Senderos/Okore, Clark, Amavi defence personally but hey ho lets see how it goes against Bournmouth which will be a BIG test.

Midfield is really exciting and there looks to be huge potential there for sure with tons of options for Tim to try out. This will take time of course and i don't expect us to see the full potential emerge for a good portion of the 1st half of the season.

The Striking department is an unknown too as it appears we may have another signing inbound and of course we have yet to see Gestede play so excited to see what come about once all signed, fit and up to speed.

Overall exciting times...I wonder if these fresh takeover rumours are true?! Popcorn

The Utterer
The Utterer

Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:08 pm

The Utterer wrote:Very excited now for the new season, of course Tim has been trying things in pre season and has no doubt learned a fair bit about certain players.

Defence remains a concern and i have to say i would like to see Senderos back to add some solidity back there. He was a mainstay during our purple patch at the start of last season lets not forget and he adds height and experience in abundance. I would like to see a Richards, Senderos/Okore, Clark, Amavi defence personally but hey ho lets see how it goes against Bournmouth which will be a BIG test.

Midfield is really exciting and there looks to be huge potential there for sure with tons of options for Tim to try out. This will take time of course and i don't expect us to see the full potential emerge for a good portion of the 1st half of the season.

The Striking department is an unknown too as it appears we may have another signing inbound and of course we have yet to see Gestede play so excited to see what come about once all signed, fit and up to speed.

Overall exciting times...I wonder if these fresh takeover rumours are true?!  Popcorn  

Of Course ..Senderos - Id forgotten about him - in his very few games last season he did look good. Sadly though I don't think he will get anywhere near our starting 11 in the near future.
smetro
smetro

Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4