The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Nathan Baker

+4
ember
4BetLite
Fpuppys
villabromsgrove
8 posters

Go down

Nathan Baker Empty Nathan Baker

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:56 pm

This is not the story you expected .... Nathan Baker signs new four year contract at Villa.

Now I know a number of fans don't reckon him, but he's one of my favourites. He reminds me a lot of Gary Cahill in that he's prepared to put his head .... body .... life on the line when he plays for Villa.

I know he makes mistakes, but I see an absolute monster of a CB for Villa for the next five years.

I'm guessing this will cause a reaction .... let's be having you!
villabromsgrove

Nathan Baker 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Nathan Baker Empty Re: Nathan Baker

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:07 pm

With you 100% on that one VB. Hard as nails and never shy of putting his body on the line, possibly why he picks up most of his injuries.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Nathan Baker 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:08 pm

Its constant injury niggles, rashness, bookings. But i'll give you that, he's got Victoria Cross levels of bravery.

Definite potential as with Clarke but needs refining, lets hope it works then, cos he ain't going nowhere now.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Nathan Baker 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:10 pm

I'd rather have him than fork out millions for Lescott, but we still need a quality CB.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:11 pm

4BetLite wrote:Its constant injury niggles, rashness, bookings. But i'll give you that, he's got Victoria Cross levels of bravery.

Definite potential as with Clarke but needs refining, lets hope it works then, cos he ain't going nowhere now.
He's not the finished article, but you just know that he'll bust a gut trying to become the real deal.
villabromsgrove

Nathan Baker 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:19 pm

Didn't see this one coming, I thought he was off to Burnley Laughing

I've always liked his robust approach to his job and I'm reminded of Big Ron's appraisal of Shaun Teale as being like John Wayne. Baker is in the same mould of hard as nails but unrefined CB.

Hopefully he develops a little more culture in his play and learns to put his boot where he sometimes puts his head! If he does he'll be a useful player for us, a tasty geezer who can keep himself off the physio's table.
ember
ember

Nathan Baker 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:22 pm

ember wrote:Didn't see this one coming, I thought he was off to Burnley Laughing

I've always liked his robust approach to his job and I'm reminded of Big Ron's appraisal of Shaun Teale as being like John Wayne. Baker is in the same mould of hard as nails but unrefined CB.

Hopefully he develops a little more culture in his play and learns to put his boot where he sometimes puts his head! If he does he'll be a useful player for us, a tasty geezer who can keep himself off the physio's table.

Nail on head Ember, he has to realise his limitations and put his boot through it when under pressure.
villabromsgrove

Nathan Baker 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:22 pm

I think we should loan him out to Burnley now with the option to buy @ £5m if they get promoted. Nathan Baker 498107619
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Nathan Baker 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Good news for me I didn't want to see him go. There's a great defender somewhere under that beard.
gdav
gdav

Nathan Baker 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:37 pm

Considering the mass clear-out, being offered a new contract is a huge stamp of approval from Tim.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Nathan Baker 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:39 pm

Well if it's anything to be about losing mentality and what not, I think Baker would rather lose a testicle than a last ditch header. He has bravery and effort in spades, he just needs to improve on basics.

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:41 pm

[quote="villabromsgrove"]This is not the story you expected .... Nathan Baker signs new four year contract at Villa.

I know he makes mistakes, but I see an absolute monster of a CB for Villa for the next five years.

Sorry Villabromsgrove but for me he's a liability, i'm normally a glass half full bloke but in this case i'm not being negative just calling it as I see it, he's one of our own so I hope he proves me wrong, but forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

andrew24561
andrew24561

Nathan Baker 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:47 pm

Great news! I'm very pleased with this. I always liked Baker, one of the few prepared to give it their all for the shirt.
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Nathan Baker 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:08 pm

andrew24561 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:This is not the story you expected .... Nathan Baker signs new four year contract at Villa.

Sorry Villabromsgrove but for me he's a liability, i'm normally a glass half full bloke but in this case i'm not being negative just calling it as I see it, he's one of our own so I hope he proves me wrong, but forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

That's fair comment, it's up to Baker to convince fans that he can become a future fixture. He may not succeed, but you can bet he'll be prepared to die trying.
villabromsgrove

Nathan Baker 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum