The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods

+5
GadgetMan
rosco77
kimbo
Mazrim
Withes Sweatbands
9 posters

Go down

Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods Empty Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods

Post by Withes Sweatbands Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Totally agree that there is a lack of communication coming out of villa nowadays and I think that the concern and frustration amongst TBAR members is replicated around other forums so I have a sensible suggestion .... Could the MODS put differences aside (if there are any of course) and contact the MODS from other fOrums and supporters groups with the view to a joint request to Tom Fox to meet a representative of the cOmbined forums to air our frustration at the lack of communication coming out of the club and other concerns such as investment etc .... Doesn't have to be a multitude of people he meets just 1 or 2 or maybe even someone like Ian Taylor acting on our behalf ..... Just an idea .... What do you think ... I think may just entertain the idea
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods Empty Re: Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods

Post by Mazrim Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:41 pm

I have no problems with this personally. I also agree that communication from the club has been and is, total garbage. My main gripe is the amateur nature of what is communicated. AVTV is cack, for instance.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods Empty Re: Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods

Post by kimbo Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm not sure that will work; Villa forums are all a bit Peoples Front of Judea, Judean Peoples Front, etc - it's all a bit mad. Also I think Tom Fox may well point to various things they have done with fans as a reason to not do it.

I'm sure the other mods will all see this and we'll have the conversation, I'm just letting you know not to have high hopes  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:54 pm

What if it was done in a courteous and professional manner. .. a proper fans representative like Taylor Collymore even someone like Tom Ross if they don't fancy meeting someone from the forums themselves .. It's just an idea that i think would put some of the nonsense to bed once and for all of we actually had an idea of what was going on .. No specifics required just the principle of what we are trying to do as a club to move forward ..
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:56 pm

If it's not courteous or professional, I wouldn't want anything to do with it anyway.

... Fackin' splitters!
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Withes Sweatbands wrote:What if it was done in a courteous and professional manner. .. a proper fans representative like Taylor Collymore even someone like Tom Ross if they don't fancy meeting someone from the forums themselves .. It's just an idea that i think would put some of the nonsense to need once and for all of we actually had an idea of what was going on .. No specifics required just the principle of what we are trying to do as a club to move forward ..
I'll speak to the others dude, I'm up for trying.... something!
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:57 pm

Mazrim wrote:If it's not courteous or professional, I wouldn't want anything to do with it anyway.

... Fackin' splitters!
Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods Splitt10
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:31 pm

kimbo wrote:
Withes Sweatbands wrote:What if it was done in a courteous and professional manner. .. a proper fans representative like Taylor Collymore even someone like Tom Ross if they don't fancy meeting someone from the forums themselves .. It's just an idea that i think would put some of the nonsense to need once and for all of we actually had an idea of what was going on .. No specifics required just the principle of what we are trying to do as a club to move forward ..
I'll speak to the others dude, I'm up for trying.... something!

Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods 3769219917 defo .. We do need to try something ..
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:45 pm

+ 1 for the above. The one thing I do feel the club lacks is communication. be great to see TBAR lead some of that.
rosco77
rosco77

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:54 am

kimbo wrote:I'm not sure that will work; Villa forums are all a bit Peoples Front of Judea, Judean Peoples Front, etc - it's all a bit mad. Also I think Tom Fox may well point to various things they have done with fans as a reason to not do it.

I'm sure the other mods will all see this and we'll have the conversation, I'm just letting you know not to have high hopes  :)

Kimbo just re read your answer, i was thinking one representative representing all forums putting questions from those forums (agreed by the Mods as being acceptable and not nonsense) to TF and feeding back the answers. The answers we may not want hear but answers non the less and at least we will know where we stand .. If it gets turned down by the club then i think we may as well give up ... Scarf Waving
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Withes Sweatbands wrote:Totally agree that there is a lack of communication coming out of villa nowadays and I think that the concern and frustration amongst TBAR members is replicated around other forums so I have a sensible suggestion .... Could the MODS put differences aside (if there are any of course) and contact the MODS from other fOrums and supporters groups with the view to a joint request to Tom Fox to meet a representative of the cOmbined forums to air our frustration at the lack of communication coming out of the club and other concerns such as investment etc .... Doesn't have to be a multitude of people he meets just 1 or 2 or maybe even someone like Ian Taylor acting on our behalf ..... Just an idea .... What do you think ... I think may just entertain the idea

Good post this WS and a really important concern for us fans. I'd personally be all up for it and happy to take part. I think we need to gauge the views of other members too (hopefully this will give the thread a bump) let's talk communication and what can be done? Beats moaning and waiting for a takeover.

Is WS right? A multi forum approach to the club to seek answers? (The Trust exist for this, but appear to never want to be seen as rocking the boat IMO)

There's the obstacle of getting different forums working together (we're open minded enough and don't have a problem chatting to other forums)

Re personalities, love or hate him Howard Hodgson does get to speak to those that matter, maybe some kind do initivatbe behind him? Or Jonny Gould? Or a few realistic and approachable people?

What would be the aim? Simply better ongoing communication? (The club could point towwars the Supportes consultation groups as evidence it does communicate) maybe try to get a spot on here for our forum?

All thinking out loud and for discussion?? Scarf Waving UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Lack of communication from VP .. An idea to the Mods 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:53 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Withes Sweatbands wrote:Totally agree that there is a lack of communication coming out of villa nowadays and I think that the concern and frustration amongst TBAR members is replicated around other forums so I have a sensible suggestion .... Could the MODS put differences aside (if there are any of course) and contact the MODS from other fOrums and supporters groups with the view to a joint request to Tom Fox to meet a representative of the cOmbined forums to air our frustration at the lack of communication coming out of the club and other concerns such as investment etc .... Doesn't have to be a multitude of people he meets just 1 or 2 or maybe even someone like Ian Taylor acting on our behalf ..... Just an idea .... What do you think ... I think may just entertain the idea

Good post this WS and a really important concern for us fans. I'd personally be all up for it and happy to take part. I think we need to gauge the views of other members too (hopefully this will give the thread a bump) let's talk communication and what can be done? Beats moaning and waiting for a takeover.

Is WS right? A multi forum approach to the club to seek answers? (The Trust exist for this, but appear to never want to be seen as rocking the boat IMO)

There's the obstacle of getting different forums working together (we're open minded enough and don't have a problem chatting to other forums)

Re personalities, love or hate him Howard Hodgson does get to speak to those that matter, maybe some kind do initivatbe behind him? Or Jonny Gould? Or a few realistic and approachable people?

What would be the aim? Simply better ongoing communication? (The club could point towwars the Supportes consultation groups as evidence it does communicate) maybe try to get a spot on here for our forum?

All thinking out loud and for discussion?? Scarf Waving UTV

I think getting Ian Taylor on board would be great IMO Scarf Waving
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Out of interest what information are you looking for? Is it anything other than takeover updates? I agree we need to be kept informed on this or at least something along the lines of Randys statement last year I don't mind not being sold just want clarification do we have bidders or not? Apart from that though I'm happy with the communication the club gives out and so far I'm pleased with the new AVTV.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:27 pm

DN1982 wrote:Out of interest what information are you looking for? Is it anything other than takeover updates? I agree we need to be kept informed on this or at least something along the lines of Randys statement last year I don't mind not being sold just want clarification do we have bidders or not? Apart from that though I'm happy with the communication the club gives out and so far I'm pleased with the new AVTV.

Think today says it all really ... a simple statement saying prick head had gone for a medical would have stopped a lot of conjecture rumour ridicule and bad press and us having to rely on tweeted pictures to find out our captain had done a u turn ... Again
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:54 am

Its not even a statement to say he is going. What would be nice is the club coming out and saying yes he is going but we want to use this as an opportunity to build bigger and better things. At the moment it feels like the club is happily going to accept another season of relegation battling such is the lack of any sound bites coming out of the club and this is reinforced when our best players leave. The media free to draw up their own conclusions about our apparent lack of ambition and see us as a joke, what happened to our beloved club that we suddenly fell behind the baggies in status. At the start of the RL administration there was talk about a five year plan where we were aiming to compete with the top five now there is nothing which leaves the press free to draw on their own conclusions based on the previous season and the apparent mass exodus. The clubs silence is deafening and the fans are being treated with utter contempt. I had kind of hoped with Fox now running things we would see more of a plan but at the moment it feels very much like we are in limbo and the lack of any communication only compounds the fans anxiety. For me its not about telling us yes we are or are not being taken over as frankly I'm tired of all that, what I want is a clear indication of what my clubs ambitions are or do they not have any ambition except for staying in the league because as fans we deserve better than this..
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:06 pm

I think this needs to be brought to the attention of the club.

Losing 3 key players in Vlarr, Benteke, and Delph the club has not come out with any detail or communication about how the will address or move forward. This to me a clear sign, unintentionally or intentionally, they they do not care or have no desire to get feedback from the fans. This is one of the greatest issues the club has and might be the case for low season tickets. Can we bring this issue forward to the club?
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum