The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Yohan Cabaye

+3
Trotters
smetro
ViewFromT2
7 posters

Go down

Yohan Cabaye Empty Yohan Cabaye

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:36 am

Did anyone hear the papers review on TalkSPORT just now?
The guy said something about Tim Sherwood missing out on his target...Yohan Cabaye....who has decided to join Oalce (cos of Pardew presumably).....for £10m!!!!

If there is any truth in this...not sure what paper it's in....then I guess we do have money to spend, and Tim does have a plan.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Yohan Cabaye 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Yohan Cabaye Empty Re: Yohan Cabaye

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:16 am

According to The Sun, we wanted him on a year long loan with an option to buy....he turned us down, electing to play for Pardew again and living in London.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Yohan Cabaye 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:34 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Did anyone hear the papers review on TalkSPORT just now?
The guy said something about Tim Sherwood missing out on his target...Yohan Cabaye....who has decided to join Oalce (cos of Pardew presumably).....for £10m!!!!

If there is any truth in this...not sure what paper it's in....then I guess we do have money to spend, and Tim does have a plan.

Similar to last season re the funds - TS will have to get his free transfers in first, until Lerner concedes we aren't been sold - he will then release nominal funds for the manager IMO
smetro
smetro

Yohan Cabaye 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:35 am

Him and Cleverly know they'll only be bench warmers in our new-look team anyway. Wink
Trotters
Trotters

Yohan Cabaye 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:41 am

:moon: :moon:
Trotters wrote:Him and Cleverly know they'll only be bench warmers in our new-look team anyway. Wink

Yep - Gardner and Sylla are gonna kick some serious ass next season ! !!
smetro
smetro

Yohan Cabaye 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:46 am

I can see Gardner doing brilliantly. He'll make the step up no problem.

Sylla...well if it was MON that bought him he'd still have 8 years to run on £45k/week and going nowhere. Thankfully.... etc and so on.
Trotters
Trotters

Yohan Cabaye 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:34 am

I'm impressed by the fact we even went in for Cabaye, it shows ambition. We have had a mentality at the club in recent years where we don't even attempt to bring in players of this calibre and i've always wondered why.
On a side note i don't think Gardner is the great white hope that many think he is but thats just my opinion.
bruka

Yohan Cabaye 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:56 am

I'm often amazed that people are so strong one way or the other about Gardner, purely because they are judging him without a whole load of evidence. I like him and I'd love him to have an injury-free run to prove himself one way or the other. But I do feel like people who are completely convinced that he'll be great are being overly optimistic, and likewise anyone completely writing him off is being a dick overly negative. He was always a class above in the reserves, he's had some decent performances in the first team (I have wondered, if he'd scored that header in the first minute against Wolves, how it may have boosted him) and the couple of Forest fans I know both absolutely love him. So if he can stay injury free, he may well be very capable of doing a job for us.

But anyway, I digress....

I suppose the ultimate optimist in me is hoping that Sherwood went for a loan because takeover talks are ongoing, he can't spend a lot because of it, and knows that Cabaye would certainly improve our midfield so decided to go for it before he got snapped up.

Of course that feels massively unlikely but hey, what's life without a bit of optimism? :)

With that said, equally on the flip side, we don't *actually* know that we even went in for him. I mean, it's not like papers to lie now is it?

Last edited by kimbo on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimbo
kimbo

Yohan Cabaye 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:17 pm

When GG was in the youth ranks I was convinced he would be one of the best players to have come through our ranks, I described him as a young Stevie G with a better header on him.

But the injuries have massively curtailed my faith in him. I think he's got the talent but not sure on the physical attributes.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Yohan Cabaye 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:35 pm

kimbo wrote:I'm often amazed that people are so strong one way or the other about Gardner, purely because they are judging him without a whole load of evidence. I like him and I'd love him to have an injury-free run to prove himself one way or the other. But I do feel like people who are completely convinced that he'll be great are being overly optimistic, and likewise anyone completely writing him off is being a dick overly negative. He was always a class above in the reserves, he's had some decent performances in the first team (I have wondered, if he'd scored that header in the first minute against Wolves, how it may have boosted him) and the couple of Forest fans I know both absolutely love him. So if he can stay injury free, he may well be very capable of doing a job for us.

But anyway, I digress....

I suppose the ultimate optimist in me is hoping that Sherwood went for a loan because takeover talks are ongoing, he can't spend a lot because of it, and knows that Cabaye would certainly improve our midfield so decided to go for it before he got snapped up.

Of course that feels massively unlikely but hey, what's life without a bit of optimism? :)

With that said, equally on the flip side, we don't *actually* know that we even went in for him. I mean, it's not like papers to lie now is it?

Didn't mean to be a dick about him, just haven't seen a lot from him - he's hardly set the championship alight during his loan spells but having said that he hasn't been given too much opportunity. I think this season will be make or break for him. If he gets injured again i can see him being sold to a championship team.
If the papers and gossip columns are to be believed then we have been turned down by three transfer targets already (Cabaye, Cleverley, Trippier) and Benteke is trying to join a club who are in Europe. Of course, that's if the papers are to be believed (Personally think CB wouldn't go to Liverpool, they're in Europa league and i can't see him settling for less than CL. Also there would be a huge amount of pressure on him to bang in 30 goals a season).
bruka

Yohan Cabaye 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:38 pm

I didn't say you was being a dick dude. I mean people who have completely written him off already with hardly seeing him play. It's more of a Twitter thing if I'm really thinking about the people I had in mind when I wrote that.
kimbo
kimbo

Yohan Cabaye 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:47 pm

Ah ok no worries, really hope he does come good as that will save us some cash on a new midfielder that we (currently) don't have to spend.
bruka

Yohan Cabaye 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:50 pm

bruka wrote:I'm impressed by the fact we even went in for Cabaye, it shows ambition. We have had a mentality at the club in recent years where we don't even attempt to bring in players of this calibre and i've always wondered why.
On a side note i don't think Gardner is the great white hope that many think he is but thats just my opinion.

Totally with you on Gardner...to have the kind of impact some people think he is going to have, he would have been ripping the championship apart week in, week out. He never. Did score one wonder goal though.

When does a player stop being a 'youngster with potential'...he's 23 at the end of the month....another championship standard academy grad I'm afraid.

edit: I want to add in light of comments coming in as I was posting...would love the kid to do well...but just can't see it.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Yohan Cabaye 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:54 pm

He scored 4 in 18 actually, which is a pretty decent ratio for someone who was playing in the defensive midfield role.
kimbo
kimbo

Yohan Cabaye 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:32 pm

I too am on the fence about Gardner. I'm hopeful that he will come good for Villa. In my opinion, GG will be a quality squad player for us (occasional starter) and nothing more. From what I have seen- it appears he is not mobile enough to be a 1st11 player. The mobility is most prolly directly related to his numerous injuries.

Which is why if/when TC leaves we will need a 1st11 quality CM to fill the void. Then GG can be a backup/squad player. On that note I think we need a 1st11 quality DM also... GG/Westy/Sanchez as bench/squad players would be very promising to see.
ejs1111
ejs1111

Yohan Cabaye 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum