The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

7 Days of Villa (12)

Go down

7 Days of Villa (12) Empty 7 Days of Villa (12)

Friday, 1st May

It's May! Big big big big month. Like, BIG month!

We could stay up.
We could go down.
We could win the cup.
We could fail.
We could have new owners.
We could still have Randy.

It's all HUGE, and will undoubtedly have an effect going into June as the new owner saga may or may not carry on, and of course we will find out about retaining or losing certain players.

As for today, the only news of note is the U21 side lost 1-0 away to Reading. Other than that, it's all about tomorrow.

The massive month begins!

Saturday, 2nd May

Great start. GREAT start! A very important 3-2 win over Everton and yet another two goals for Christian Benteke - I love that man - and amazingly, Tom Cleverley got his second goal in two games. I'll tell you something now, the difference between him under Paul Lambert and him under Tim Sherwood is absolutely phenomenal. Shay Given started ahead of Brad Guzan; that was the type of situation that had no win for Sherwood if it went wrong, so all's well that ends well.

Sunday, 3rd May

Yesterday Sherwood spoke about hoping Cleverley and Benteke stay. That's about it on the news front.

Monday, 4th May

Happy Star Wars Day... 7 Days of Villa (12) Smiley10
7 Days of Villa (12) 498107619

As it is, other than the media seemingly hoping Benteke will leave us, that's about all there is to say about today.

Tuesday, 5th May

Gary Gardner and Joe Bennett will apparently know if they have futures with the club in the next 10-14 days. Gardner, I certainly hope so. Bennett, I'm less bothered about, truth be told.

Darren Bent however has been told he can spend it on the beach. That's sort of a compliment though, as Sherwood is simply saying he knows all about him already. Which of course he does.

Vlaar says he understands and accepts the decision regarding Delph being captain. If he's off, then I guess he wouldn't care anyway.

Wednesday, 6th May

Roy Keane writes words and that is all I care to say about that.

Apparently Arsenal are showing the FA Cup at the Emirates. Not that I'll necessarily attend, but I hope that Villa follow suit.

Thursday, 7th May

There's talk of a takeover bid from Tony Adams (hang on, let me explain) along with Paul Smith, former chief executive of Chelsea.

The initial stories suggest that they need to borrow a lot of money, and that Tony Adams is to have a 'football role'. At the same time, it's also suggested that they're the least likely of 3 bidders.

Later stories suggest that the money is there with backers in place, that Paul Smith has been working on this for a year, and that the role of Tony Adams is only one of a consultant, whatever that means. The general consensus also seems to be that they are actually the only official bidders.

The latter version ties in with rumours of Azerbaijan. But overall, while there seems to be *something* in this, there are too many conflicting reports to know what is true. You can read more about it all in our Takeover Thread.

Personally, if the suggestions that Adams is to have a football role, or that they need to borrow money, are true, then that's not good. If the suggestions that there are big money people involved and there'll be links to some top academies around the world are true, then that becomes much more interesting. Like I said though - there is a heck of a lot of conflicting information; so really, who knows?!

Right then, that's it for the week. It's my birthday on Saturday; oh how I hope that the Villa give me the best birthday present possible!  Scarf Waving
kimbo
kimbo

7 Days of Villa (12) 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

7 Days of Villa (12) :: Comments

Post Fri May 08, 2015 6:14 pm by villabromsgrove

Nice one Kimbo, happy Birthday Eve. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

kimbo

Post Sat May 09, 2015 12:08 am by kimbo

villabromsgrove wrote:Nice one Kimbo, happy Birthday Eve. Very Happy