The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The PM forgets he's a Villa fan

5 posters

Go down

The PM forgets he's a Villa fan Empty The PM forgets he's a Villa fan

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:37 pm

http://www.espnfc.com.au/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2416444/david-cameron-temporarily-forgets-which-team-he-supports

UK PM David Cameron temporarily forgets which team he supports

Being the nephew of former Aston Villa chairman Sir William Dugdale, UK Prime Minister David Cameron has always identified himself as a Villa fan.

In fact, Cameron has even gone on record as saying that he's supported Villa since childhood after being taken to see his very first live football match at Villa Park as a 13-year-old boy.

However, just like the rest of us ordinary, hard-working football-loving folk, it seems he is also prone to forgetting which football club he's been a lifelong fan of from time to time -- you know, like you do.

Indeed, while discussing his vision for a multi-cultural Britain at a political event in Croydon on Saturday morning, the Prime Minister momentarily forgot where his club allegiances lay.

"We are a shining example of a country where multiple identities work, where you can be Welsh and Hindu and British, Northern Irish and Jewish and British, where you can wear a kilt and a turban, where you can wear a hijab covered in poppies," he told the audience.

"Where you can support Man Utd, the Windies and Team GB all at the same time. Of course, I'd rather you supported West Ham."

An easy mistake to make -- both teams do play in the same colours, after all.

Asked to clarify just which team he'd prefer we all support after his gaffe, Cameron explained he had simply experienced "brain fade" while up on the podium before reassuring us all that he is Villa through and through.

"I'm a Villa fan ... I must have been overcome by something this morning," he said. "But there we are -- these things sometimes happen when you are on the stump."

We're sure (actual) Aston Villa fans the world over are positively thrilled to hear it.
Trotters
Trotters

The PM forgets he's a Villa fan 5_star13

Back to top Go down

The PM forgets he's a Villa fan Empty Re: The PM forgets he's a Villa fan

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:43 pm

I'd rather he was a west ham fan
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The PM forgets he's a Villa fan 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I'd rather he was a west ham fan
Ditto. I despise the fact that the shiny faced sugarbag identifies himself with us.
kimbo
kimbo

The PM forgets he's a Villa fan 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:06 pm

I wish he'd just fuck right off.
VTID85

The PM forgets he's a Villa fan 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Imagine the headlines if a labour geezer had made this mistake....
smetro
smetro

The PM forgets he's a Villa fan 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down