The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

7 Days of Villa (4...and 5!)

Go down

7 Days of Villa (4...and 5!) Empty 7 Days of Villa (4...and 5!)

Due to Cheltenham related shenanigans, I wasn't around for writing last week - so enjoy a bumper issue! I'll try to keep it brief  Very Happy

Friday, 6th March

All the news today is about tomorrows cup game with the Albion. I can't help but be a bit nervous, they can't be that bad again, surely?

Saturday, 7th March

What a night! Albion were better than they were earlier in the week, which was to be expected. We were awful in the first half, which I believe was down to a late Benteke injury leading us to play differently than the way we had prepared. We were better in the second half, and overall deserved the 2-0 win and a place at Wembley.

There was also a pitch invasion; what I will say is I was disappointed to see fans running on before the final whistle, but I presume some fans thought it was over and others followed; the worst kick off time was always going to be Saturday evening, and I was amazed at a lack of police presence. Of course, the behaviour from the West Brom fans was far worse, but less visible. The attitude of the BBC declaring it was a return to the 'dark ages' was... disturbing. It almost feels irresponsible of a national TV station to portray such a garbage point of view.

Sunday, 8th March

There is more talk of the fans than the match. This has been covered plenty elsewhere so I won't carry on, but I will say that I am astonished at some of the reporting. Sensationalistic lies.

The ladies also progress in the FA Cup, beating Yeovil 2-1, with goals from Olivia Fergusson and Kate Wilkinson.

Monday, 9th March

Further nonsense is coming out about Saturday, with the odd piece of common sense scattered amongst all the trash.

More importantly, we draw Liverpool or Blackburn in the FA Cup semis.

The U21's beat Bolton 2-0; Graham Burke and Harry McKirdy get the goals.

Tuesday, 10th March

Other than more talk of the crowd on Saturday, there isn't a lot going on today.

Wednesday, 11th March

About the most interesting piece of news today is about Paul Lambert's home been up for sale. It costs around £3m. Maybe if I win Euromillions...

Thursday, 12th March

Big Libor Kozak is back in training. This is welcome news. I expect him to be more of a super-sub than a starter, but when it comes to having someone getting on the end of crosses when we're chasing a game - or helping out at set pieces when we're holding on to a lead for that matter - he's a handy option. Of course, he also offers a physical presence that we just don't have when Benteke isn't available.

Friday, 13th March

Nothing to see today other than previews for the Sunderland match.

Saturday, 14th March

Well that wasn't bad was it! A 4-0 win is always nice, a 4-0 win away is extra nice, and a 4-0 win when we hadn't scored 3 or more in a game all season is just ruddy lovely! I'll get my negatives out of the way; having been 4-0 up at half-time, I was a bit disappointed we didn't go for the jugular in the second half, but that's a small complaint. My other issue is no Carles Gil; seeing Andi Weimann come on ahead of him in midfield, well I find that a bit troubling. 

But it's hard not to concentrate on the good points; great performances from many of the players, a debut for a 16 year old, and being comfortable enough to bring on Carlos Sanchez to cover for Ciaran Clark at centre back - and that was a TACTICAL precautionary decision, NOT a forced injury! That's just a select few of the good points of this afternoon.

Today was a good day.

Not so much for the Academy side unfortunately, who lost 3-1 to Leicester. Anes Omerovic scored a penalty to make it 1-1, but it wasn't enough.

Sunday, 15th March

Just match reviews today. I read some though, which I haven't done for months!  Scarf Waving

Monday, 16th March

Another victory over Albion, this time for the U21 team. Burke, Grealish and Webb got the goals.

Reading beat Bradford in the FA Cup, so if we get to the final, there'll be no revenge against Bradford...! Blackburn in the semi, Reading in the final, that will do for me  :)

By the way; Reading fans ran onto the pitch. Apparently they were 'lovely scenes'. Shame on you, BBC, you hypocritical cretins.

Oh and Gus Poyet got the sack; you're welcome, Sunderland fans.

Tuesday, 17th March

Due to the FA Cup semi-final, our game against QPR will now be played on Tuesday, 7th April.

Wednesday, 18th March

The ladies lost 2-1 to Everton, with Abi Cottam grabbing the consolation goal.

Thursday, 19th March

Attention starts to turn to the Swansea game. We have to be confident on the back of 3 wins, and Swansea seem better at home than away. It seems silly to think we might lose 4 on the spin, but gosh darn it, I think we might!
kimbo
kimbo

7 Days of Villa (4...and 5!) 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum