The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

North Stand .. reflection on the club ?

+9
mDigital
smetro
mickeywya
avfc85
Synopsis
The Utterer
kimbo
Dgrizzle7
Withes Sweatbands
13 posters

Go down

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? Empty North Stand .. reflection on the club ?

Post by Withes Sweatbands Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:41 am

Just been down to VP shop and it struck me as I left just how horrible the North Stand looks from the outside .. dirty, actually disgustingly dirty, dated and tired. Doesn't give the best impression of the club and maybe reflects how the club is in general at the minute. It needs a good clean if not knocking down !!
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? Empty Re: North Stand .. reflection on the club ?

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Totally agree mate , needs knocking down or a serious refurb.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? Empty Re: North Stand .. reflection on the club ?

Post by kimbo Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:15 pm

Tom Fox did say at the Q&A that there are some amazing plans in place that are ready to go, it's just not the right time to do it - which of course it isn't because of attendances
kimbo
kimbo

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:05 pm

I totally agree! it really brings the place down, i mean Randy darling P...LEASE!! North Stand .. reflection on the club ? 3363484586
The Utterer
The Utterer

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:27 am

It really does look dated. Although it does always make me think it kind of represents Birmingham in the 70s for some reason. It wouldn't look so bad if they re-clad the exterior with composite panels like they use on modern buildings.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:27 am

Synopsis wrote:It really does look dated. Although it does always make me think it kind of represents Birmingham in the 70s for some reason. It wouldn't look so bad if they re-clad the exterior with composite panels like they use on modern buildings.

Exactly mate tidy the stand up with fascia boards would make the world of difference
avfc85
avfc85

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:30 pm

even if they just tidied up the windows would be a big improvement, looks like a shoddy office block. Dirty windows, half opened curtains, files and stuff on window sills all in plain view. A quick cladding job would be a good short term fix. Anything really.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 pm

mickeywya wrote:even if they just tidied up the windows would be a big improvement, looks like a shoddy office block. Dirty windows, half opened curtains, files and stuff on window sills all in plain view. A quick cladding job would be a good short term fix. Anything really.

Couldn't agree more - no need to spend millions - just a lick of paint and a good clean would help. The state of that stand is indicative of Lerners reign - I just don't think he can be bothered...
smetro
smetro

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mDigital Sat May 09, 2015 8:15 am

I like it. Each to their own. :)
mDigital

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Finally the North Stand is going to get another clean, although you may ask whats the point as it will turn out dirty again, how about we spend some money on it and clad the fecker!

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? North-Stand-Clean-up-copy
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:00 pm

At last .... i bet its never been cleaned from the day it was built. They just ned to sort out some nice new Villa curtains for the windows now, get em in Argos for about a tenner ..... Imagine the days and nights that all that grime has seen, Juventus and Barca in 82-83, the promotion season, Ajax, Bradford semi final .. feck ill leave it there shall i ..... Bash
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:51 am

I was there yesterday and can see how the clean up is coming along.
To be honest, it was so bad previously, that even with a steam cleam/jetwash, it doesn't look that much better. They have done most of it apart from the bottom right hand corner as you look at it.
Dirty windows, files and books are still there.

It still looks shabby (and I dont mean shabby chic !)

Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:11 am

Some claret and blue fascia panels would improve it. It would still be bloody ugly ..... just with a bit more style. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:34 am

Andyh wrote:I was there yesterday and can see how the clean up is coming along.
To be honest, it was so bad previously, that even with a steam cleam/jetwash, it doesn't look that much better. They have done most of it apart from the bottom right hand corner as you look at it.
Dirty windows, files and books are still there.

It still looks shabby (and I dont mean shabby chic !)

I was at VP today due to the Acorns abseiling, the right still has not been cleaned, the windows have old shite blinds, windows filthy and looks a mess - I was generally looking around and to think the money that is pumped into that club and the maintenance is shabby at best.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:08 pm

It's been cleaned before under Randy but there's not much that can be done to it. How much would it cost to knock down and rebuild? I actually believe if we had a new stand we'd increase our attendances as people do like going to new grounds. If we get up to a 40000 average again I'd hope the new owners wheeler that may be would sort it as a stamp of their ownership
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:52 pm

As said above, cladding would make a big difference, i was in a crappy building at Birmingham City University, they clad it and it looked brand new. Just clad the concrete parts, put black tinted one way windows in place of the windows that are there now. And maybe an electronic advertising board running along the second bottom strip of concrete, or a big villa badge in the centre of the stand. Can see that costing a few hundred grand max.

Wouldn't it be great if there was no roads around the sides of villa park and that the stadium, the church, the holte pub and aston hall was all in one park with a big brick wall running all round the edge.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:15 pm

avfc85 wrote:Finally the North Stand is going to get another clean, although you may ask whats the point as it will turn out dirty again, how about we spend some money on it and clad the fecker!

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? North-Stand-Clean-up-copy

Looks 1000% better.

North Stand .. reflection on the club ? Clzkes10
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum