The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Something happening at end of this season ??

+9
GadgetMan
UnclePanda
Mazrim
gdav
avfc85
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
villabromsgrove
Withes Sweatbands
13 posters

Go down

Something happening  at end of this season ?? Empty Something happening at end of this season ??

Post by Withes Sweatbands Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:08 pm

The way Tim Sherwood said the philosophy of the club this season will be different in the future once survival has been confirmed what is going to change ... Takeover ... Major investment ... Something is about to change from the way he was speaking .. What do you think ...
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Something happening  at end of this season ?? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Something happening  at end of this season ?? Empty Re: Something happening at end of this season ??

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:15 pm

The club will be back in profit and will start generating transfer funds from income. That will be a big change, but it won't make much of an impact this summer. I'm guessing Sherwood will have money to spend but he will be limited by a wage cap.
villabromsgrove

Something happening  at end of this season ?? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Something happening  at end of this season ?? Empty Re: Something happening at end of this season ??

Post by Withes Sweatbands Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:31 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:The club will be back in profit and will start generating transfer funds from income. That will be a big change, but it won't make much of an impact this summer. I'm guessing Sherwood will have money to spend but he will be limited by a wage cap.

Quite probably right hadn't thought of self generated profits .... It was just like he was saying get through this season with this group of players and then it's all change both staff and philosophy wise ... Poor coverage of the press on sky though I thought ....
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Something happening  at end of this season ?? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Sherwood turned down the QPR job because of salary and transfer kitty. I suspect he has been given assurances that there will be money to spend this summer.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Sherwood turned down the QPR job because of salary and transfer kitty. I suspect he has been given assurances that there will be money to spend this summer.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a sizeable bonus for keeping us up, written into his contract.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:45 pm

If the club's in profit and works within Financial Fair Play, plus Lerner has decided it might be a good investment after all, then the manager absolutely has to have cash available to spend. To sound very harsh, at the moment we're still attracting management at the bottom end of the pile, very much like Lambert's policy of buying young untried players or ones left on the sideline by other clubs, Sherwood has very little experience as manager and the fact that he's been out of work for nine months and took the Villa job suggests he's just as much a gamble as buying in one of our lower league players wanting to prove themselves in the PL. In one way Lambert succeeded, he kept us in the PL on a relatively low budget. It was time for him to go and the club to move on, the target after survival must be the top 10, and then as long as the money is there we can try to attract better management. That relies on Sherwood getting us there, and who knows, if he does maybe we'll all be happy with him at the helm. Hopefully the problem will be that he's so good we have trouble keeping hold of him but one thing I've learnt from supporting the Villa is not to expect much!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:46 pm

Tom Fox kept going on about the importance of the club generating as much revenue as it's potential will allow and also I believe with the new deal coming in and the wages being dramatically lower we will gradually see Sherwood who is the appointed man be able to bring in some quality.
avfc85
avfc85

Something happening  at end of this season ?? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:37 pm

Think we could see some investment in the summer, aren't the kit & sponsorship deals both up for grabs this year?? I'm also expecting the naming rights to villa park sold, not sure why it's just a hunch.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Massive corporate investment courtesy of Fox's wheeler dealings + improved league money + the club being in the black = big spending power.
A takeover might happen to boost things further. We'll see. Just have to survive.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Something happening  at end of this season ?? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Mazrim wrote:Massive corporate investment courtesy of Fox's wheeler dealings + improved league money + the club being in the black = big spending power.
A takeover might happen to boost things further. We'll see. Just have to survive.
Your last four words are massive!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:32 pm

A win on Saturday will be massive, a loss will be devastating & take away all the positivity of the managerial change.
This for me is the biggest game of the season & we must win it to start a confidence building, points gathering run. 
UTV
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Naa. Hes probably talking about how he wants to change the club. He will want to put his own stamp on things
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:22 pm

gdav wrote:Think we could see some investment in the summer, aren't the kit & sponsorship deals both up for grabs this year?? I'm also expecting the naming rights to villa park sold, not sure why it's just a hunch.

Just the Shirt Sponsership, but we could see naming rights too, plus the new TV money 100m for finishing 20th, add that to the 17m projected profit and we will have scope to take the reigns off a little with regards to spending.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:26 pm

I don't imagine that naming rights will be sold for a couple of seasons, and only then if we are making good progress up the table. You only get one shot at this so if we want to maximise the price, we have to be far more impressive.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Yep. Glad to see that Fox knows how critical it is to stay up. We aren't that bad of a squad overall, we just need to trade up a few deadweight midfielders/forwards for some real quality ones, get a manager (hopefully this is Sherwood) who can get them playing together as a unit, and we'll be pushing for a Europa League spot next season.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:07 am

gdav wrote:A win on Saturday will be massive, a loss will be devastating & take away all the positivity of the managerial change.
This for me is the biggest game of the season & we must win it to start a confidence building, points gathering run. 
UTV

Exactly right. At the moment it's about form and, more importantly, momentum. We have neither. A couple of good results and we'll have a different mentality. A loss though would be hard as I think this team is mentally fragile after the negativity instilled into it by mumbles.
Trotters
Trotters

Something happening  at end of this season ?? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:27 am

I predict 5 wins from the next 5 games. Just saying. UTV
NARLA24
NARLA24

Something happening  at end of this season ?? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:39 am

NARLA24 wrote:I predict 5 wins from the next 5 games. Just saying. UTV

You'll do for me mucka!!!

I think we can win 8 of the remaining 13 games in all honesty...why not?

If we can get this snowball effect going....get to Wembley aswell....be amazing!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum