The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

scott marshall

+3
KMitch
Trotters
lukevilla
7 posters

Go down

scott marshall  Empty scott marshall

Post by lukevilla Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:02 am

sorry about making a thread about this but im sure the other day i saw him say in his press conference that he would ask Lambert what players to pick?! but i watched it twice since on avtv and i couldnt see him say it! :shock: scott marshall  1662365926 So just want to know that he did say it and if anyone got a link to where he says it! Cheers Scarf Waving
lukevilla

scott marshall  0_star10

Back to top Go down

scott marshall  Empty Re: scott marshall

Post by Trotters Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:21 am

If he has said it then it's gob-smackingly stupid on every level.
Trotters
Trotters

scott marshall  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:32 am

Also said the players don't "have anything to prove on Sunday".

I hope the players are up for it, and if they aren't, Tim Sherwood makes his way down to the touchline for the 2nd half to break his foot off in their asses.

Hope the players know what's at stake and play their hearts out for the badge, at least this once.
KMitch
KMitch

scott marshall  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:59 am

kimbo
kimbo

scott marshall  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:23 am

I think we're all being unnecessarily harsh on Scott Marshall. All he says is that he's sure he'll have a conversation with him (Lambert) before the game. It doesn't say he's consulted with him about preparing the team or anything significant at all.

It's a list of quotes that could easily be out of context. The juorno could have asked, "Has Lambert told you how to prepare the team for Sunday?" Scott Marshall answers no amd the journal then asks if he'll speak to Lambert and he says he's sure he'll speak to him before the game. They're ex work colleagues, shock horror they're going to speak on the phone! This is a massive thing for Marshall which he's taken on to help the club, it's not a thing he's comforta with or is particularly enjoying.

People need to get out of the habit of desperately searching for things to be outraged by and using as excuses to hurt abuse. Give the fella a break!
DaveAV1

scott marshall  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Scott Marshall will almost certainly have a 100% successful management record for the rest of his career!
villabromsgrove

scott marshall  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:56 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Scott Marshall will almost certainly have a 100% successful management record for the rest of his career!

If I was being harsh I'd say it was 0% he had no involvement in that SH display imo, but as I said that's a little harsh of me 8) He seems like a nice guy, but my word dull. I expect/hope he won't be around much longer. His Post match interview today was very awkward, but then he's a coach, with seemingly no aspiration to be a manager and face the media etc!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

scott marshall  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:01 pm

I think the defence has improved while Marshall has been here, which is what I believe he was brought in to do, but I am sure Sherwood will want to stamp his own authority on the club.

Of course the issue is that the team he had before are all at QPR, so it will be interesting to see who joins him.
kimbo
kimbo

scott marshall  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:32 pm

kimbo wrote:I think the defence has improved while Marshall has been here, which is what I believe he was brought in to do, but I am sure Sherwood will want to stamp his own authority on the club.

Of course the issue is that the team he had before are all at QPR, so it will be interesting to see who joins him.

It's not like he doesn't know anyone else in the football world. I don't think it will be an issue at all.
KMitch
KMitch

scott marshall  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:38 pm

As I said yesterday, I think Ugo Ehiogu would be a good shout as an assistant manager and coach. Good football man, talks well and has a good feel for Villa.
villabromsgrove

scott marshall  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:14 pm

KMitch wrote:
kimbo wrote:I think the defence has improved while Marshall has been here, which is what I believe he was brought in to do, but I am sure Sherwood will want to stamp his own authority on the club.

It's not like he doesn't know anyone else in the football world.  I don't think it will be an issue at all.  
I just mean issue as in he is starting again with that. I don't doubt it'll be nothing like the rudderless ship of the past few months.
kimbo
kimbo

scott marshall  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:24 pm

KMitch wrote:Also said the players don't "have anything to prove on Sunday".

I hope the players are up for it, and if they aren't, Tim Sherwood makes his way down to the touchline for the 2nd half to break his foot off in their asses.

Hope the players know what's at stake and play their hearts out for the badge, at least this once.  

That first sentence smacks of Lambertism. I can just imagine him following up his "we go again" with "you've nothing to prove lads. You're playing well and a goal will come soon. Just get out there and enjoy yourselves". And it seems that rubbed off on Marshall.
Trotters
Trotters

scott marshall  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum