The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998

+2
GadgetMan
HH 8166
6 posters

Go down

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 Empty HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998

Post by HH 8166 Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Anyone who hasn't heard this chat with Jonny Gould from yesterday, I post a link here.. We need 5 wins from 15 games..
Does anyone truly think that is likely when we have 2 wins from 19, 0 wins from 8, 0 goals from 6?? The only way this happens now, in my opinion is if Lambert is replaced with immediate effect. Remember when Brian Little (I man I admire greatly) simply ran out of steam back in 1998.. We had been spanked at Blackburn 5-0 and Savo had spat at the fans.. We had 27 points from 27 games and were sliding towards the drop.. In came John Gregory who went on to win 9 games from 11 and doubled our points tally! We ended up in Europe with the SAME group of players who had looked like they would be relegated a few weeks earlier..
I am not saying that level of transformation is possible with this group but I have no doubt a new manager could get far more out of this group than 2 wins from 19 and 11 goals from 23 games. Suddenly 5 wins from 15 doesn't look like Mount Everest and nor should it, but if Paul Lambert remains, I fear its a mountain that just won't get climbed!
Time to re think the "False narrative" statement Mr Fox otherwise a true narrative will be Aston Villa in the Championship next season.

https://audioboom.com/boos/2856697-hodgsonhoward-and-jonnygould-sleepwalking-towards-relegation
HH 8166

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 0_star10

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 Empty Re: HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998

Post by GadgetMan Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Great, but depressing listening, can't disagree at all. Somehow we need to get this buffoon out, I just don't see how? We look like a team destined for the Championship. No goals, no form, no confidence and worse of all, no fight, a recipe for disaster.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 4_star10

Back to top Go down

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 Empty Re: HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998

Post by bruka Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:43 pm

I love the title of this "Sleepwalking to The Championship" because that is truly how it feels. The club seem content to plod along doing what they are doing not changing anything as they march towards the edge of a cliff and all the time the fans (who seem to be the only people who can see) are screaming at them to change course to no avail.
bruka

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:45 pm

bruka wrote:I love the title of this "Sleepwalking to The Championship" because that is truly how it feels. The club seem content to plod along doing what they are doing not changing anything as they march towards the edge of a cliff and all the time the fans (who seem to be the only people who can see) are screaming at them to change course to no avail.

It truly is head banging stuff! 🤦 HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 1558371468 Bash
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:58 pm

Finally listened to it, really good but depressing listen.
kimbo
kimbo

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:04 pm

kimbo wrote:Finally listened to it, really good but depressing listen.

We'd love to be more upbeat and talk about good things going on at Villa Park but the reality is we are in deep, deep trouble hence no point sugar coating it.. Hopefully one day we can do one where there are many more positive things to talk about, but right now its a pretty bleak outlook with an iceberg dead ahead and Captain Lambert steering the good ship Villa straight at it!
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:20 pm

HH 8166 wrote:
kimbo wrote:Finally listened to it, really good but depressing listen.

We'd love to be more upbeat and talk about good things going on at Villa Park but the reality is we are in deep, deep trouble hence no point sugar coating it.. Hopefully one day we can do one where there are many more positive things to talk about, but right now its a pretty bleak outlook with an iceberg dead ahead and Captain Lambert steering the good ship Villa straight at it!
Pretty much, aye. Sugar coating anything about Villa only annoys me right now, so I'm glad you didn't  HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 3769219917
kimbo
kimbo

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:42 am

Should we lose against Chelsea and Hull then i would fully expect Tom Fox to act and Lambert to be sacked.
Then, who the hell is going to take the Managers job ? Who is out there ? Harry Redknapp ? No thanks.
So who would take up the offer of the job ? I cannot think of anyone really.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:45 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Should we lose against Chelsea and Hull then i would fully expect Tom Fox to act and Lambert to be sacked.
Then, who the hell is going to take the Managers job ? Who is out there ? Harry Redknapp ? No thanks.

Sherewood if QPR dont take him, get the passion back?! Scarf Waving
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:09 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Should we lose against Chelsea and Hull then i would fully expect Tom Fox to act and Lambert to be sacked.

Really it shouldn't be yours or my job to know that.. A well run club comes up with a new manager and always have their fingers on the pulse about what is happening hence being prepared for a potential crisis like the one brewing here. Not as if they haven't had enough warnings.. Lambert has never got going here as 25 wins in 100 games shows.. What is more alarming is that the longer he is here, the worse he is getting IE 2 wins in 20, 0 wins in 9!

No one would have seen Wenger coming in at Arsenal, Pochettino at Southampton or Karanka at Middlesborough. These tend to be the best appointments.. However from who is avail obvious list then there is Oscar Garcia, Glen Hoddle, Remi Garde, Bernd Schuster, Uwe Rosler.. Maybe Laudrup or Billic could be tempted? Alternatively you appoint someone like Redknapp on a short term deal with a big bonus incentive to keep us up and then look at someone like Howe, Karanka, Tuchel or Southgate in the summer..
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Karanka, Schuster, or Tuchel all day long for me (in no particular order)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

HH and Jonny Gould Chat Part 3- Sleepwalking to The Championship/Tale of 1998 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum