The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

New First Team Coach

+10
River
Dave Hall
KMitch
achilles
Army villain
Withes Sweatbands
South London Villan
Trotters
mefromhere
villabromsgrove
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New First Team Coach Empty New First Team Coach

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:28 am

Who should be appointed as Villa first team coach?

Paul Lambert said at a press conference yesterday "I play a certain type of football and in a certain way".

That means that a coach like Rene Meulensteen or Mike Phelan would be wasting their time applying for the job.

Can you think of anyone who could come in to Bodymoor Heath and make a real difference?
villabromsgrove

New First Team Coach 4_star10

Back to top Go down

New First Team Coach Empty Re: New First Team Coach

Post by mefromhere Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:49 am

Laurence Llewelyn Bowen ... He's used to watching paint dry
mefromhere
mefromhere

New First Team Coach 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:56 am

West Ham's owners were widely expected to sack Allardyce in the summer, but they surprised everybody by supporting him but demanding that Big Sam changed his favoured defensive style of play for more attacking football. They brought in Teddy Sheringham to perform that miracle! They've scored 20 goals so far this season.

Can anyone perform that same miracle with Lambert in charge?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:32 pm

Won't make a difference. Training ground and changing room are lost. Players won't be arsed for any coach until the mumbling fool is gone.
Trotters
Trotters

New First Team Coach 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Phelan has gone to Norwich as first team coach
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Trotters wrote:Won't make a difference. Training ground and changing room are lost. Players won't be arsed for any coach until the mumbling fool is gone.

Spot on !! ... Best thing that could happen apart from twat face going is bringing in a villa man through and through to work with the players. Not sure Sid should be wheeled out of the reserves again though ... maybe the time for Laursen to step in .. maybe even god mk 2 mellberg ... i just want some passion in the team ...
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

New First Team Coach 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Withes Sweatbands wrote:
Trotters wrote:Won't make a difference. Training ground and changing room are lost. Players won't be arsed for any coach until the mumbling fool is gone.

Spot on !! ... Best thing that could happen apart from twat face going is bringing in a villa man through and through to work with the players. Not sure Sid should be wheeled out of the reserves  again though ... maybe the time for Laursen to step in .. maybe even god mk 2 mellberg ... i just want some passion in the team ...
Agree would be a smart move for Laursen, but has villa done anything smart for a while?
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:08 pm

I could step in and be like Keane - make no difference! Laughing
achilles
achilles

New First Team Coach 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Remember we were linked with Billy Stark back in the summer? I've seen his name mentioned again today which is more than a bit worrying. The guy says that achieving promotion with Queens Park as manager, to get them out of the Scottish third division was the highlight of his career.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Withes Sweatbands wrote:

Spot on !! ... Best thing that could happen apart from twat face going is bringing in a villa man through and through to work with the players. Not sure Sid should be wheeled out of the reserves  again though ... maybe the time for Laursen to step in .. maybe even god mk 2 mellberg ... i just want some passion in the team ...

I'd take either of those two...  You know Mellberg would set both the squad and Lambert straight, just before Lambo gives him the axe.  lol
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:50 am

Anyone think that Steve Clarke would consider working with Lambert for the rest of the season?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:14 pm

I don't even think Lambert's daughter would work for him. She knows how people feel!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Hall Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:41 pm

No new coach until Lambert has been sacked. Pity the whole board don't sack themselves.
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by River Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:23 am

I don't think Lambert should be able to add to his staff until he gets the results headed in the right direction (I know that is not going to happen)

Blokes like Laursen or Mellberg would surely not allow their hero status to be tarnished by associating themselves with this current set up and would be wise to wait until they re-associate themselves with Villa if they have any plans for coaching or managing in the future.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:42 pm

The only person I think that would control the  players at Villa has to be the terminator not the last one but the one in the beginning, you know the one the one that kicked arse. If he looked at the results over the last 3 years no way would he be back. New First Team Coach 1015550615 New First Team Coach 1420239857
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:51 pm

The Man Utd players apparently got the arse with Moyes saying "At Everton we did it like this" or "We would never do that at Everton".

I imagine Keane was much the same and pissed everyone off. There's a way of implementing training drills and tactics without being a sugarbag about it. I very much doubt Roy Keane knows how to do that.

I hope the new coach has "fresh ideas" that, even if they aren't fresh, are introduced in a way that's not looking down on our lads and is implemented in a way that suits the players we have. Let's not me trying to hammer Man Utd shaped tactics into Villa shaped holes. Let's come up with our own style and build on that.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Talking about tactics, I read an interesting observation about us not scoring at the Holte End since April. As we generally kick towards the Holte in the second half of matches, it highlights just how negative our second half tactics are. Unless we change the manager, a goal in the Holte End may be as rare as hen"s teeth in the future!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:53 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Talking about tactics, I read an interesting observation about us not scoring at the Holte End since April. As we generally kick towards the Holte in the second half of matches, it highlights just how negative our second half tactics are. Unless we change the manager, a goal in the Holte End may be as rare as hen"s teeth in the future!

Just quoting for truth! At home I believe the average time of our 1st goal scored is 19min, but the average time of our 1st goal conceded is 70m. Thats because by 70min we have usually been sitting back desperately trying to cling on to the 1 goal lead for 50min. I will never understand why Villa do this, have done under the last couple of managers, but its been at its worst under Lambert. Once we have scored we are more than happy to sit back rather than continue to push on and finish a game/team off as quickly as possible, mind you this season we haven't even bothered scoring first half the time.

No ambition, no vision, no clue, no future. Now I'm back off to phone the Samaritans.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:18 pm

I think how the appointment of a new coach/assistant is handled will be a big indicator of how the board see Lambert. What's the point in hiring someone if they're thinking of pulling the trigger on Lambert? Watch this space....

I think if we don't see an appointment any time soon then PL could well be for the chop (hooray)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Hall Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:35 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I think how the appointment of a new coach/assistant is handled will be a big indicator of how the board see Lambert. What's the point in hiring someone if they're thinking of pulling the trigger on Lambert? Watch this space....

I think if we don't see an appointment any time soon then PL could well be for the chop (hooray)

No shit, Sherlock!
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Dave Hall wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:I think how the appointment of a new coach/assistant is handled will be a big indicator of how the board see Lambert. What's the point in hiring someone if they're thinking of pulling the trigger on Lambert? Watch this space....

No shit, Sherlock!

It's GadgetMan, not Sherlock New First Team Coach 1815562058
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Thee was a rumour that Mourinho got the Chelsea job the first time around because he went in with a presentation to show Abramovich what players he had and how they'd not be used to maximum efficiency. He showed him how to do things better and what's needed to go even further.

I'd love to think that the next manager will be sitting with Fox and Lerner illustrating to them all the points we know to be true.

The trouble is, neither Fox nor Lerner know the first thing about football. And knowing Lerner, he'll call Lambert and relay some of what was said and Lambert would come up with every excuse under the sun which Lerner would swallow.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:54 pm

You'd hope they will reach out to advisors (who, I don't know?!) la,nerd has overseen the recruitment of 3 staff that have left, on top of all his other failings, this is a massive one. IF he is to stay, I'd take this decision largely out of his hands (may force him to leave ha) but seriously, he can't pick another assistant/coach.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:57 pm

South London Villan wrote:Phelan has gone to Norwich as first team coach
He has now left.

Perfect opportunity to nab him before someone else gets him. Excellent pass and move coach which we desperately need.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:01 pm

I can't see anyone coming in this season, I'm sure I read an article someone had linked saying the DoF, CCO and AM roles are not expected to be filled this season.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum