The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History

+3
Dave Hall
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
7 posters

Go down

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History Empty Cleveland Browns Potted Management History

Post by Mr_Spadge Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:37 am

Lerner owned the browns 1999 - 2013

Browns operate with a General Manager and a Head Coach, kind of like a Director of Football, and a Manager, if you will...

Thought it was interesting to see how far Lambert can push his luck with Randy - he might be less patient than we thought...

Here's a summary
Year:  Wins - Losses - Activities
99:  2-14
00:  3 - 13    Fired Coach
01:  7-9   Fired Manager  
02:  9-7  (Randy takes ownership from his father)
03:  5-11
04:  4-12  Manager Resigns
05:  6-10
06:  4-12
07:  10-6
08:  4-12  Fired Manager and Coach
09:  5-11  Fired Manager at 1-7
10:  5-11
11:  4-12  Fired Coach
12:  5-11
Mr_Spadge

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History Empty Re: Cleveland Browns Potted Management History

Post by Trotters Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 am

I think Lerner learned a lesson from that in that sacking a manager/coach isn't always the solution - especially when you either pick another muppet to take his place or don't give the new guy the right tools.

So Lerner has decided he'll stick with the Lambert experiment no matter what. Lerner won't ge rid, Lambert won't do the right thing and fuck off so it's down to Fox to step in and  convince Lerner that the club's immediate finances as well as furture finances (not to mention its league status) are at risk.
Trotters
Trotters

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History Empty Re: Cleveland Browns Potted Management History

Post by Dave Hall Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 pm

Lambert does not fit the profile of someone like Fox. He has no charisma whatsoever and his image is not something that can go hand in hand with marketing the club. I expect Lambert to be sacked in the near future, regardless of results.
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Hold on, let me clarify some things for you Brits...  General Manager is like a Director of Football and Head Coach is the Manager.  The GM puts together the roster, drafts young players, makes trades, signs free agents, and is in charge of the financial side of the team, making sure they don't break any salary cap rules or go over the team budget.  The Head Coach just manages the team the GM builds for him, though he may make suggestions as to specific players or types of players for the GM to go after. The Browns were historically a very poor franchise before Randy's family brought them back to Cleveland and are still shit today after they were sold off.  That said, Randy's stewardship of that team was absolutely awful and the Browns were consistently one of the worst teams in the NFL throughout his tenure.
KMitch
KMitch

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 am

Lerner fails at life, is he even successful at anything?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:22 am

Dave Hall wrote:Lambert does not fit the profile of someone like Fox. He has no charisma whatsoever and his image is not something that can go hand in hand with marketing the club. I expect Lambert to be sacked in the near future, regardless of results.

Personally I expect Lambert to be here for a good while yet. I can't put into words how much I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
kimbo
kimbo

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:26 am

kimbo wrote:
Dave Hall wrote:Lambert does not fit the profile of someone like Fox. He has no charisma whatsoever and his image is not something that can go hand in hand with marketing the club. I expect Lambert to be sacked in the near future, regardless of results.

Personally I expect Lambert to be here for a good while yet. I can't put into words how much I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

I'll second that
Green Villan
Green Villan

Cleveland Browns Potted Management History 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:35 am

Removing Lambert now would improve the profile of the club in a lot of ways. It would also give Fox a positive image. The longer Lambert stays the more i get a feeling that the Fox appointment was one of the most pointless in the history of the club.

It is getting to a stage where the only negative records Lambert will break are his own, our board are a disgrace and our manager is clueless
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum